Are you wondering what G & G stands for? It stands for Garden update and Giveaway. I thought I would show you the last of the flowers and vegetables in the garden. The white one is from my pea vines. The orange are nasturtiums and cosmos. But the orange flowers are all dead because of frosts that we have had.
I have cabbage, bok choy, and green and yellow bell peppers growing. The bell peppers get covered with a hoop house so the frost hasn't hurt them yet and they are still producing. I also have onions and kale growing.Here are the pea vines which are still producing peas. I pulled all the big carrots but I have some more carrot plants growing. In the back is one onion and some Bibb lettuce that I keep covered with row covers. The frost hasn't gotten them either. I have a vole in my garden which ate some of the carrots. I really do not like those critters.
I planted black beans and pinto beans during the late summer. I let the pods dry on the vines until I heard frost was coming. Then I brought them in to finish drying. I got a whole quart jar of black beans. I have already cooked the pinto beans which weren't as many as the black beans.
I also have Cilantro and other herbs growing. The Cilantro was growing so well I decided to dry some. Here you can see bunches hanging. Such a pretty green until they dry out.
Okay we are getting close to the giveaway. I have to share a giveaway that I won a couple weeks ago but forgot to share. I won these fat quarters from This-N-That Fabrics. Perfect for fall.
Okay, now for my giveaway. You can win my Hop To It book and three green batik fabrics you can use for leaves. (approx. 8"x12" pieces) One thing I should tell you is that the blocks in the book are twelve inch square. When I made the blocks in my quilt I had enlarged patterns which made my blocks fifteen inches square which made my quilt queen size. Also, if you don't hand applique don't worry you could make this quilt with machine applique with great directions in the book.
Okay, so what do you have to do to enter this giveaway? Just help me name my quilt. I don't want to call it Hop To It anymore because that is really the name of the book.
Leave a name for my quilt and you will be entered into the giveaway. If you haven't seen my quilt yet you can see it here.
I will pick a winner next Wednesday.
I will probably not reply to all the comments just because I don't want to aggravate the tendonitis in my elbow. I hope you understand.
I do appreciate all your very nice comments on my quilt and the quilting Mary did for me. Thank you! I am slowly replying to all of those comments.
With Passion,
Carrie P.




55 comments:
I don't know if this sounds corny...but I thought of "pieceful garden". It just makes me think of a garden...calming and peaceful. It is a very inspiring quilt.
love that quilt!! what about' flower garden'
Mr. McGregor's Garden ( as in the story of Peter Rabbit"
I would call it "Afternoon in Wonderland" because of the soft muted colors, like the soft afternoon light, and the white bunny in the center. It's beautiful, no matter what you decide to name it :*)
A Garden Celebration.
It is a beautiful quilt.
Although if I had it, I would call it mine! LOL!
Thanks for sharing.
Your quilt is beautiful. I love it.
I've just tried hand applique for the first time and your book would be a great help.
I would call it " Magical Garden".
How about "Some-bunny loves You!" Lovely quilt! Thanks for the giveaway!
Treasures in the Garden :-)
Your Garden of Flowers bees and bunny is just gorgeous.
Love it.
I said it before and I'll say it again, Carrie...it's absolutely stunning!
My choice would be, "Along the Garden Path".
Gorgeous quilt. I would name it At the Garden Gate. It looks to me that the sashing is the gate and when you peek in you see bunny and all those other treasures.
My other thought was bunny in the garden
You do beautiful work. I'm thinking you should name your quilt Hare Party.
It is such a beautiful quilt. I am not good at naming things, but maybe Bountiful Garden
Your finished quilt is priettier than the one on the cover of the book!! Have fun picking a name for it. There have been many delightful suggestions so far. Hope your elbow feels better soon. I had that one year. It lasted for a long while, but finally went away. Now it's just tender.
I'm not good at naming quilts, but I do want to say I am enjoying all your gardening photographs. I've never heard of a vole before!
Take care of your elbow. I hope the tendonitis settles quickly.
Your quilt is just beautifula and there have been many names .Mine is "Around my bouquet"
Hope you are better-
The first word that came to mind when I first saw your quilt was "Serenity". You've created an heirloom Carrie.
How about "Truly" - this quilt represents so many things that are truly beautiful, truly stunning, with truly delicious colors and content. Judy C
How about Sit Down and Relax. I've always loved the pattern. I like all of Edyta's stuff.
Going with the garden them here:
Country Garden or Spring Bouquet?
Thanks for the chance to win!
Garden Solstice
Love your garden. I think I need to grow some beans next year. Sounds good:)
Your quilt is gorgeous, Carrie! My first thought was "Garden Blessings". Such wonderful title suggestions. Have fun picking one!
I don't like those voles either! If you ever figure out how to get rid of them, let me know!!! I hope your tendonitis is better soon.
lovely quilt! 'along the garden path' could be a title. thanx for the chance at the book.
How about garden pleasures. Love the way your quilt turned out.
So lovely....how about "Garden Party" or........... "Bouquet Bunny"
Hope the pain goes soon.
How about "My Garden in Fabric"
Beautiful quilt and the quilting is amazing. Love seeing the pictures of your garden.
So many good suggestions for a quilt name. I will go with In My Peaceful Spring Garden.
I have a hard time thinking of names but the first thing that comes to my mind is "The colors of my Garden " ,call it Beautiful because it is lol!
Your vegetable garden did very well, sounds great .
Beautiful quilt, Carrie! And great suggestions on the name for it. II'll add one: "Here in my garden"
Your real life garden pictures are great! I can SMELL that cilantro its so vibrant! I love cilantro!
Hope your tendinitis goes away soon.
I would call this quilt "Secrets from my Garden".
Your quilt turned out just lovely!!
sowingstitches [at] yahoo [dot] com
Great job on the quilt! I might call it Rabbit in the Garden or Flower Bunny.
Carrie I have tendonitis in my elbow and it's killing me! What in the world have you done to make it better? I got it after spending way too many hours on the computer at school when we were in a time crunch getting schedules done, and then doing hand embroidery in the truck on the way to Colorado - two whole days of that. I read that you have to "rest" your elbow but that means no computer, which I use at work and at home, and no sewing. :( Is that even possible?
Ok - the quilt - Garden Secrets - that's my suggestion. blessings, marlene
How about "Rabbit's Welcome" since this is a flower garden, it is perhaps Mrs. MacGregors...where the soft ears and twitching whiskers of forest friends are always welcome.
you were so elated to have finished your quilt yesterday that i thought you should call it the "celebration in flowers" quilt. that's what you called it, a celebration!
I enjoy your blog very much. My thought for naming your quilt is "Celebration" - that is what it is for you! I think you have named it yourself with your lead in! And what a cause to celebrate! It is a wonderful quilt!
How about "How does your Garden Grow?" Or "In My Garden" Or "My Glorious Garden"...I suck at naming quilts! it's so hard!! Thanks for the chance to win!! I am so impressed with your garden!
Your quilt is beautiful! I guess I would call it "Hop to Applique".
Gorgeous. How about "Hop along in my garden"?
Janet
Beautiful quilt !!
I would call it "Hippity Hop Through
My Garden"
Such a stunning quilt! i think you should call it "Beauty Beyond the Blue Gate."
Beautiful quilt! Love applique'. It reminds me of my gramas garden so I would call it "Memory Lane Flowers".
I love the quilt and it would be fabulous to win your book and fabric. I instantly thought of "Bountiful Garden".
I like "Peaceful Celebration". It's a beautiful quilt!
Such a lovely quilt. How about "Carrie's Garden" or "How my garden grows" or "Garden Memories." Thanks for the giveaway.
One of my quilting friends has made your quilt and I never understood why she called it hop to it! It is a beautiful quilt. My thought for a name is "In God's Garden" because this quilt is so beautiful. He has made you wonderfully creative.
Your quilt is really gorgeous. Two names come to mind; Pieceful Garden and How Does Your Garden Grow?
Since it looks more like a garden quilt to me and I just read your garden post I would name it something flower garden. Maybe something that reminds you of your garden this year, something you did different this year? I also agree with another commenter to name it "Mr. McGregor's Garden" for Peter rabbit, that's cute too. Vivian
I like "Carrie, Mary, quite contrary" - how does your garden grow...
In the Spring, All the World's a Garden. Hope your tendonitis eases up on you!
I like "Garden Grace" after my granddaughter Elena Grace and her American Girl doll Gracie!
Gorgeous quilt! "Circles of Love" comes to mind. Lovely lovely work!
How about "Spring Lightly" such a lovely quilt, truly beautiful!
Bountiful!
[b][url=http://www.cheapuggsstore.com/]cheap uggs[/url][/b] San Francisco-based Levi Strauss helps make denims and also other goods in Japan. Its advertisement marketing campaign, ''Heroes use Levi's,'' showcased photographs of James Dean. One more California-based firm, Tower Documents of Sacramento, may be the only international outfit from the retail history enterprise.
[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonoutletmart.co.uk/]www.louisvuittonoutletmart.co.uk[/url][/b] When you are now away from function, or are serious about leaving your position then there is a chance that you've published at the least 1 go over letter within your life span. Although the query is exactly what kind of protect letter did you publish? Many people utilize templates or carbon copy-styled cover letters that let you fill during the blanks in which wanted, but don't genuinely delve into your position you're making use of for and why you personally want the work. This is wherever a targeted protect letter steps in.
[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonsalemarket.com/]louis vuitton handbags[/url][/b] Bantams are tiny chickens, not younger kinds, but total increased little sized birds. Within the whole the Bantam breeds can are usually one-third to one-fifth the dimensions of standard chicken breeds. These more compact sized birds have been called for your sea port Indonesian city, Bantam.
[b][url=http://www.uggsclearancebusiness.com/]www.uggsclearancebusiness.com[/url][/b] Let us expose all-around the way to choose the redress apparel for petite girls. Nearly each individual copy close friend would suchlike to seem a immature higher, a immature slimmer, slightly sleeker. This want to belong to your accumulation of those during which every particular person really wants to remodel a any person.
[b][url=http://www.uggsclearancebusiness.com/]uggs boots clearance[/url][/b] Info management as a result of cell may be introduced by several brands like Apple, Windows, and Google with their remote data administration companies or cloud centered solutions. Cell broadband has granted the customers with blazing flash speed for details transfer employing net. 3.5G and 4G/LTE may be not long ago released in the queue of such technologies letting the consumer to accessibility the web, stream video clips, and so on.
Post a Comment