I would like to share some observations I have made while working on Nothing but UFOs this year. I have felt less stress by working on a few things at a time instead of dividing my time between lots of projects at a time. Because I have less projects to work on at a time I definitely feel more focused. I have also noticed that my sewing space stays much neater too. Because in the past when I was working on so many things at once I was always misplacing things and parts of the projects but now I know just where my projects are. Kind of nice!
With Passion,
Carrie P.
That is too cute! Love the pom poms!
ReplyDeleteReally cute pillow! I love the pom poms too!
ReplyDeleteIt is so sweet, a lovely pillow :-)
ReplyDeletePretty cushion.
ReplyDeleteThose are great benefits!
I am right there with you working on just a few projects. It's hard, isn't it, to keep your attention from straying. But, a lot less stress.
ReplyDeleteSOOOOO Cute!! Love the added bunting! I keep thinking about your finishing WIP and think at the very least I should get out something I started to finish. January was a bad month. But you are my inspriration So as soon as I locate the Pines and Needles project that will be my WIP finish for February. (it needs to be in pattern form asap anyway.) (and while I'm searching for that I may run across other thins that would finish fast. Sometimes boredom kicked in before a finish rather than the project being put aside because of problems.) And well, I will still probably work on new things......it's a part of me......must have 20 or so things going at one time. been that way forever :)
ReplyDeleteReally cute! Love the pom pom fringe! I agree with your observations. I try to have one sewing project going and one hand sewing project going. It makes things simpler.
ReplyDeleteYour pillow turned out so sweet! It will be a great addition for the celebrations.
ReplyDeleteFinishing up UFO's always feels good. I'm kind of a one project at a time girl so I only have a few. I'm needing courage to machine quilt my DWR someday. Not even thinking about it yet :-)
Hi Carrie,
ReplyDeleteYour daughter-in-law is one lucky girl. That pillow is so cute! It's nice to know that your UFO mission is working for you.
Have a Wonderful Day,
Suzanne
It is a beautiful finish. She will love it. Hugs
ReplyDeleteI love the pillow - the green pompom trim is awesome! I'm impressed with your positive attitude to your UFO year. You'll get so much finished :0)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pillow Carrie! You chose a fun design for sure :*) And thanks for sharing your findings on how focusing on certain projects has helped you. I've been looking at ways to simplify and destress my "hobby" so I will take note of your comments as I continue to work on this.
ReplyDeletewhat a lovely gift. the ball fringe is terrific!
ReplyDeletecongrats on the first 2013 finish.
The pom-pom trim is the perfect accent for this-- very cute!!! I think I might need to jump on the pillow bandwagon here soon... I just keep seeing such fun ideas!
ReplyDeleteLove the pillow and the pom-poms! They are just perfect trim for this pillow. I think I had not manage to do much if I had worked on several projects at a time. I prefer working on one or two, not more.
ReplyDeleteThat is too cute!
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet pillow!
ReplyDeleteReally cute pillow. Good points on only working on UFO's, something to think about.
ReplyDeleteVery cute pillow!
ReplyDeletewell done on another gorgeous cushion!
ReplyDeleteOne more to go...
Sounds like you are relaxed and enjoying your ufo's.
Congratulations on finishing another UFO, Carrie.
ReplyDeleteFor all the reasons you mentioned in your post, that is why I concentrate on only one project at a time until it's done. I get so stressed out if I have a UFO hanging over my head and I just can't concentrate when I have more than one on the go.
Of course there's an exception to the rule...*wink*...and that is my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. I knew when I started that it would be a looooong term project and although I went at it hard and fast when I started, I now only pull it out when I'm in that slow down mode between projects.
Sounds like your head is in a great place tackling your UFO's. Kudos to you!
very pretty. love it!
ReplyDeletetrès mignon, et c'est un joli cadeaux fait avec amour je suis certaine.
ReplyDeleteBonne journée.
Gisèle
Carrie, your DIL will surely enjoy this pillow. Such a fun, bright and cheery one. And I especially love the pom pom trim.
ReplyDeleteI've been reading along and not commenting. I really like the focus that working on UFO's brings....great point. I feel less stress too.
ReplyDeleteHowever, I have found a strange desire to shop for fabric....hmmmm....dangerous behavior indeed!
Giggles,
Kelly
What a cute, cute pillow design. Really came together nicely. I agree about your theory of working on fewer projects at a time to keep your sewing room manageable. But, my question is --how do you train your mind to accept this and stay with it. I start out good, but something always goes wrong and before I know it, my room looks like a tornado hit it!! What's the secret?? lol
ReplyDeleteOh, WOW! It's just adorable!
ReplyDeleteI love the pillow, Carrie! Extremely cute!
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to hear that working on your UFO's is working out for you. I understand the focus thing (or lack thereof!).
I haven't joined in your monthly madness, but I hope to someday. Right now it's all about deadlines. :-(
Love the pillow!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely finish! Congrats.
ReplyDeleteSuper cute cushion and the pompoms are uber cute! I am still sticking to my UFO but my room still isn't any more organized.
ReplyDeleteThe pom poms really set this one off! So, so cute!!
ReplyDelete