Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Baby Log Cabin

The baby log cabin quilt is finished. I will deliver it the first of October.The quilt is for the young mother who cuts my hair. She is having her first baby, a girl.
 This quilt is a surprise. As she cuts my hair we talk about the new baby girl coming in November. She said she was decorating the baby's room in neutrals with a touch of pink.
 I put the softest flannel on the back of the quilt. I am going to wash the quilt before I give it to the mom. You can see a close up of the blocks on this post.
 I am linking up this September finish to Elizabeth's blog, Such a Sew and Sew.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

21 comments:

Queenie Believe said...

Beautiful baby quilt, perfect for what this new mama has planned.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Sheila said...

It is beautiful Carrie and I am sure the new Mom will be thrilled !

sunny said...

Very nice, Carrie. I love the soft colors.

Jeanna said...

Wow, this one really turned out elegant AND sweet! I love the fabric choices. Congrats to you on the September finish and congrats to the new mom to be. I'm sure she is going to LOVE this surprise quilt.

Raewyn said...

The quilt is beautiful - such lovely colours for a babe. It will be a wonderful surprise I'm sure.

sewyouquilt2 said...

gorgeous job. baby and mom will love it!

Abby and Stephanie said...

What a sweet surprise it will be. It's so soft and pretty.

Jo said...

Your quilting is perfect and a very good choice. Sweet baby quilt too :0) Well done!!!

Unknown said...

Turned out cute:) Like your quilting too!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Perfect quilt. Love the more neutral color palette.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I know your hair dresser will be so pleased. Your quilt looks so snuggley.

Smiles,
Kelly

Cathy said...

What a sweet quilt. She will love it. Hugs

Barb said...

great soft pallet baby quilt - your quilting design is great!

Judy said...

Congratulations on your finish!! I like the quilting that you did on it and a flannel back is such a good idea. She's going to love it.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Carrie this is just so precious! I love how you quilted it... I always wash mine first too so they are already soft and crinkly.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

That is a beauty!!

Candace said...

She'll be so surprised and happy next time you get your hair done, Carrie!
Cheers!

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh, wow -- I absolutely LOVE this log cabin quilt for a baby girl. What a special gift for your hairdresser! I'm sure you've given it to her by now, and I'll bet it made her so happy that she cried. Those new mommas ALWAYS cry when you make a quilt for their babies. It's better than anything else off their registry or from any fancy store, especially when you were so thoughtful to find out the nursery colors and use them in the quilt.

Elizabeth said...

Carrie, this quilt is just perfect in every single way. Your fabrics are gorgeous! Your log cabins have the traditional red (pink totally counts) center. The pattern the block layout makes is so pretty (I clicked over to your post on the blocks) and the quilting compliments it perfectly. Everything about it is just a cut above the rest. It looks so rich. It is timeless and classic. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift. Wow. Congratlations on a really amazing finish and thank you so much for linking up!

xo -E

Robin said...

So soft and pretty!!! Lucky, lucky little baby girl. :)

Lynne said...

What a lovely quilt with beautiful quilting. I hope she liked it.