Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Collaboration

My daughter has a girlfriend who didn't have a Christmas stocking as a child. The friend's birthday is coming up and my daughter wanted to make her a stocking. Her friend loves the bright colors in this fabric. My daughter asked if I would hand applique the circles of fabric onto the stocking. She was calling the circles "snowflakes."
 I appliqued several circles onto the top of the stocking. My daughter sewed on beads to each of the circles.

 Then I sewed the stocking together. A Collaboration!

With Passion,
Carrie P.

26 comments:

Melody said...

Fabulous work, both of you.

Lurline said...

Such a lovely gesture and so pretty too !

Marj said...

Beautiful, I am sure it will be treasured.

Lynn said...

It's beautiful!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh you girls did a wonderful job! I am sure she will just love it.

Deb said...

A very beautiful stocking has been born Carrie, love it!

Doniene said...

And a very stunning one at that!! Way to go!! It will be treasured I'm sure!

Blessings

Jeanna said...

What a precious thing to do! You two did a great job. The beads really add a nice touch to the snowflakes :)

~Kris~ said...

What a cute idea. The beads really make it sparkle.

Miriam said...

Beautiful work from both of you!
I am sure your DD's friend will love it!

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

What a sweet daughter to make this stocking for her friend! And you are a sweet mom to help her!!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Lucky friend. Thoughtful collaboration. Gorgeous stocking.

Aunt 'Reen said...

What a beautiful stocking!
The 2 of you worked beautifully together. It's wonderful to hear of such kindness and compassion - your daughter is a sweet heart!

Unknown said...

Love it!

Preeti said...

Wow!! You both did a wonderful job!! The appliques look so bright and attractive and the beads have added a special touch . I am sure your daughter's friend will love it :)

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

That is the sweetest!

Diane said...

This turned out so lovely! What a wonderful and thoughtful gift!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Adorable and I just love the beaded embellishments! So sweet.

Brandie said...

A beautiful and very special gift!

Angie in SoCal said...

What a wonderful collaboration! Her friend is going to love it.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

What a beautiful stocking. Her friend will love it.

Judy said...

What a thoughtful gesture and lovely work!

Raewyn said...

Wow, gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...


Facebook is the Most popular Website in the World and you can make unlimited income with Just Facebook Posting Program.
Genuines Works of Data Entry, Facebook Posting, Copy Pasting, Add Posting, Clicking, Web Surfing, Website Visiting, Article Sharing, Data Sharing, Google Business Plan and Much More Business Plans.

Candace said...

Your daughter's friend will surely treasure her new stocking, Carrie! How unusual and pretty!
Cheers!

Lynne said...

A great result from your collaboration -- and what a wonderful gift for your daughter's friend!