So when I was in Illinois I also got to visit my friend, Judy, who used to live near by me and attended the same guild several years ago. We just clicked as friends. She moved back to her childhood home and has really updated the house. When we pulled up to her garage she had a barn block which I noticed right away.
When you walk into her house she has this really cute goat wall hanging.
She loves pumpkins. When she moved back to Illinios a group of us made these pumpkin blocks for her.
More pumpkins!
Judy has two guest rooms. This quilt was on one bed in the "red" room.
This quilt was hanging on the wall.
The "green" room where we slept had this ladder with quilts hanging on it.
This is the quilt we slept under that night.
This was an old blocked framed and hanging on the wall.
Judy took me to her favorite quilt shop. It is called The Clothesline Quilt Shop at 102 N. Main in Avon, Illinois. Now I will tell you this is a very small town and if you blink while passing through you will miss it.
If you live in northern Illinois it is worth a day trip to check it out. This quilt shop has lots of fabrics.
The old wooden floor had quilt blocks painted on it all through the store. Cute idea.
They have a great selection of flannels too.
Maybe if you make the trip you can look for the Avon water tower as your marker for the town.
Look what Judy showed me outside of the town. Camels! In corn country of all places.
Later that day we met Judy's husband for lunch. We ate at this little restaurant.
Here are photos of the inside of the restaurant.
I made Judy a little gift for her hospitality. A wooden hoop with this saying in it. You can get your free pattern here at the Sew Mama Sew blog. I also made her a pincushion with a white pumpkin on it. This pattern is in one of the first issues of the Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine.
It was great fun to see my friend Judy. We just didn't have enough time to visit with each other.
Thanks Judy and Jim for your hospitality. Hope to see you in couple years when you come down our way. :0)
Now be sure to link up your UFOs.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
.jpg)
23 comments:
Alas, I don't have a finished ufo this month - too busy entertaining and playing Grandma, but I hope to have one for November. I'm interested to see what your ufo for this month will look like. "I'll be back". And thanks for linking to Hexie Friday, Carrie.
As I was reading your post I thought I live in Illinois but until I saw Galesburg I was not sure where you were. My daughter went to Knox College in Galesburge,another small town. Staying at her house looks like a B&B. Adore the house quilt. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Carrie! Love the pic of the quilt with all the barns on it. So cool!
Judy is a really talented quilter! How fun to be able to visit with her and go to a quilt shop together! We have a camel here as well - wonder if they're coming into favor as pets ;>)
Cheers!
Wow, Judy is an amazing quilter.
Judy's quilts are gorgeous!
Love the gift you made for Judy, thanks for the link.
What fun!! All those beautiful, happy quilts. And fabric shopping too! I love the gift you made for her, how true!
Great tour! Thanks for taking us along on your travels.
One day I would love a barn quilt and oh how I do love the painted floor. What a cozy room you stayed in.
Carrie,
Looks like you had a wonderful time and what a beautiful home full of lovely quilts.
From looks of Judy's home I think I'd have enjoyed her friendship too. She has the perfect quilts I adore and I'm now thinking my house needs a quilt block.
I love the pictures! Looks like a great trip!
I am so proud to share that I did get my October UFOs done!
Judy's home (quilt exhibition hall extraordinaire) is just lovely. I am so happy that the two of you were able to reconnect. I love the little hooped saying that you embroidered for her. I need to look up the location of Avon, I feel like it might be near my brother-in-law's home. Next time we visit him we can make a side trip to that shop! ;)
What a fun visit with your friend!
Looks like you're enjoying your trip.. Thanks for sharing all the beautiful pictures.
I love the blocks painted on the floor boards. Such a beautiful hostess gift!
Keep your sewing machine close and your seam ripper closer....that is just way too funny and true!
Smiles,
Kelly
Your friend, Judy, has a lovely home full of such treasures. I'm glad you had a chance to visit, but I know it wasn't long enough. Good luck accomplishing your goals this month. Thanks for the link to the cute stitchery you made Judy. I really like it!
Looks like a great visit! I love those sweet pumpkin blocks.
What a fun home :D I enjoyed the tour you gave us. Love the blackbird in the one pumpkin.
Wow, my hometown is Galesburg, Illinois! Made me a little bit homesick! Thanks for sharing!
Wow! Your friend Judy's home looks so warm and inviting-- as do all of her lovely quilts! :)
Post a Comment