Tuesday, January 21, 2014

One finish

First finish from that stack of binding in the previous post. Our weatherman has said we might get a dusting of snow tonight. We shall see. My son who lives in the DC area just sent photos of 2-3 inches of snow with more on the way for his area. I know a lot of you are tired of the white stuff but I am anxiously awaiting some this year.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

37 comments:

Brandie said...

He's a acutie! I love his jacket. I'm hoping for some rain in our area, yu ckehe white stuff, lol.

Melissa said...

Wow! I love him!!!

Terry said...

Your snowman is beautiful! I don't mind the snow, but it's the arctic air that I could do without. Here in Ohio it's 13F now and the wind chill is -3 and it's only going to get colder. It's been a rough winter and it's far from over.

WoolenSails said...

Love that piece, nice fabrics for the piece too.

Debbie

Jusmom1 said...

Love it! Just so cute!

Sue SA said...

Gorgeous stitcherie, such fantastic detail and love the pieced border! Hope you get some snow!

Debra said...

Cute snowman!! I'd be happy to send you some snow from New Jersey - we have plenty today!

Teresa in Music City said...

Totally adorable Carrie!!!!!

Lynn said...

That is so cute!! Over at our side. Of the state it started out a beautiful day and now it's cloudy. Maybe it's coming this way. We'll see. A snow day and a little bit of it may be fun!

Heather said...

So cute! No snow for me and I am happy.

marina said...

your snowman looks Gorgeous Carrie!
I love the fabrics you have chosen for your mini and the quilting looks beautiful too.
I am always at a loss how to quilt these minis..
If you don't get any snow at least you have some in your mini.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Very pretty. I like snow on Christmas and when other people have it. It's 12* right now -- warm compared to what it'll be tomorrow. And yes, we have snow.

Jeanna said...

I *heart* snowmen and this one is handsome.

I like snow when I visit and I've had my winter visit this year so I don't think I'll see any more. I do pray for those getting the extreme weather and hope you get enough to enjoy.

Donna said...

Your snowman is adorable. I love him!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

What a great finish! I love it. And I sure hope you get your snow to enjoy.

Cathy said...

That quilt is so sweet. We are expecting more snow and more cooold weather. But it makes a good time to work on quilts. Hugs

Wendy said...

Very cute stitchery.

Sherri said...

Wonderful finish! I heard from my son today in Virginia...he said they had snow today too!

Janet said...

What a great finish! The snowman is wonderful and I like the cute little birds and snowflakes. You are welcome to all the snow you want from up here - we've had LOTS this year!

Ulla's Quilt World said...

So lovely!
Greetings from Finland!
Hugs, Ulla

moosecraft said...

Your stitching and piecing are beautiful! Such a great piece! This is the way I like snow... in pictures! lol! I'm in central nj and i think we have a little over 12" of snow here... not looking forward to digging out this morning in below zero wind chills... ugh...

Barb said...

so cute! love the banner. Hope you get enough to enjoy the beauty of snow.

KaHolly said...

He's as cute as cute can be!! I don't see any quilting within the stitchery. Do you find it 'bags'? No matter how taut I have my work in the hoop when I'm quilting, my stitcheries want to be baggy. From the photo, it doesn't look like yours does. Is there a trick I'm missing?

sewyouquilt2 said...

your snowman is cute. I too can send you some snow. we have another 6 inches here in MA.
just came in to warm up and back out for "round two" of shoveling. don't like it. it keeps me from my sewing room! LOL

Jo said...

Sweet snow person! Congrats on a finish :0)

Candace said...

I love it, Carrie! Did you use your own fabrics on this one? Send some of that snow our way - we miss it over here!
Cheers!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh he is snow adorable. Very cute.

Terri said...

We (here in CA) are out to get our weatherman... he keeps predicting dry, sunny and warm. This should be our monsoon season! Our reservoir is dry... there may be no water this summer. (We usually get all our water in the winter, and have a dry, sunny and hot summer.) We'd love to get some snow.
Hugs

Unknown said...

Love your snowman!

Aunt 'Reen said...

What a gorgeous finish Carrie!

Rosa said...

Love it.Just beautiful!

Sheila said...

It is beautiful Carrie ! You do such lovely work.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh Carrie, that is gorgeous!!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your snowman is adorable! I wish some snow would sprinkle down on us in North Carolina. So far we've been freezing our butts off with no fluffy white blanket of snow to make up for it!

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Just beautiful! I love Kathy Schmitz designs, one of these days I must get around to sewing one.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I have this one finished! Unfortunately I have six more that i 've completed the embroidery on and just haven't gotten h=the borders done on yet :( blessings, marlene

Karen said...

Carrie, I love the snowman!