Just finished the second step of my Soupcon block. Karen H. shared this pdf with these cool designs we could use for the second step. I couldn't just pick one so I used the two that I outlined in black. I used a Valdani variegated thread. I think using the two designs almost makes the block look like it could spin. Karen is sharing some different ways to make some really interesting hexagons. She has shared two designs so far which I am dying to make. Hopefully this week I can find some time.
While doing some machine sewing of binding I caught Mr. Cardinal on the feeder. Seeing him makes me smile.
Check out the door stop blog hop tomorrow. It might make you smile too.
January 28th
threads on my socks
How ART you?
Den syende himmel
Moosestash Quilting
life, quilts and a cat too
January 30th
Just Let Me Quilt
Quilted Delights
Meadowbrook
Hill Valley Quilter
Pampered Pettit
Life in the Scrapatch
Seams To Be Sew
With Passion,
Carrie P.

19 comments:
I love these blocks! Really like the stitching on it.
That is a great rendition of that block, Carrie. I missed that she had given us those designs. I'll have to go back and check them out.
Your block is looking great. BTW where did you get the pdf I went onto her site but couldn't find it.
syvisser@yahoo(dot)com
The embroidery really accents the hexieflower. I look forward to whatever comes next :0) What a gorgeous bird! I would so love to see one again one day.
Love the motifs and a clever addition to hexies.
I see a revival coming...these are just too beautiful. Next you'll be on the cover of a shiny magazine :)
I too looked for the PDF without finding it. Can you be more specific so those of us with embroidery threads coming out our ears can use some up...LOL.
Smiles,
Kelly
It does look like it is spinning, what a great block!
Your block is great. I just finished my star last night and am headed to the sewing room to find a background. I love your embroidery.
Your Soupçon block looks great. I loved all her designs, so hard to choose!
I'm just drooling over your block, Carrie! It does look like it's spinning, too! How nice to see Mr. Cardinal! We saw Mr. Varied Thrush the other day - I think he is the most colorful bird we have over here.
Cheers!
That is lovely. I was blog hopping the other day and saw another blog that had hexies made similar. They were gorgeous, they kind of split the hexie and paper pieced in a point then added the embroidery.
I love how your block turned out! I really liked the spiral flower but didn't think it went with my blocks.
I just love cardinals, but we don't have them in our area.
Turned out neat. Is that a stack and whack?
What a beautiful block. The stitching adds such rich detail!
Such a beautiful block. Your embroidery work is a lovely accent!
what a lovely way to spruce up a hexie, love your fussy cutting.
I am off to have a look at Karen's blog..
I love the fussy cutting you've done in that block.
You have some fun and lovely projects going on :-)
Loved seeing Mr.Cardinal again. What a beautiful visitor!
The embroidery sets of the hexagons beautifully-- totally transforms the block, really. Very cool!!!
Post a Comment