Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Making Progress

Remember the little heart shapes I showed you I was prepping here? They were for this Hearts and Gizzards block. This is my first time ever making this block. I am doing this BOM from one of my local quilt shops. The instructions are for fusible but I did mine in hand applique.
 I also made some progress on some sewing kits I have been wanting to make for a while.
 I also got the mitered borders on my Soupcon block. Maybe I can get the diamonds put in place tomorrow so that I can start the applique part.
 And I got one and half sides of the quilt bound.
I had a new blogger come by my blog for a visit. Her name is Rebecca of Quilting Everyday. She live s in Alaska. If you have a second go by and say Welcome. You might want to go by to see the awesome mountains in her header and her gorgeous string quilt posted on April 9.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

18 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Love that Hearts and Gizzards block - the old patterns just call my name. :) blessings, marlene

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I don't think I've seen that block before. You do excellent work!!

Janet said...

I love your hearts and gizzards block but what a name!! lol!

Teresa in Music City said...

Indeed you HAVE been making progress :) Love your block - but I'd have to call it something else LOL!!!

Valspierssews said...

The hearts and gizzards block looks so pretty. You have been busy working on your projects.
Valspierssews

Melody said...

You have been busy producing all this beautiful stitching

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

You have been getting a lot finished. Such a pretty block the Hearts and Gizzard. Thanks for the link Rebecca's quilts are lovely.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Applique, zippers, mitering, and machine quilting. Egads! I need to broaden my horizons. I love the hearts and gizzards. I just went and visited the Alaska mountains of your new blog friend.

Aunt 'Reen said...

I too love that H & G block!
One of my favorite vintage block patterns!
Love the colors I see for your soupcon block! Congrats on making progress on that quilt binding too.

Deb Fox-McHugh said...

I wondered what those heart shapes were going to be! I love that block!

Karen said...

I have never made a Hearts and Gizzards block. Looks like it would not be the easiest to make. Yours looks very good. How big of a quilt are you anticipating making?

Lynn said...

I love that block, especially in that fabric. Your mitered borders look so neat, I should have asked you for help.

Rebecca in AK said...

Hearts and Gizzards? Yours is very pretty, does not fit the name! Your Soupcon quilt is going to be beautiful and can't wait to see the finished sewing kits. Thank you Carrie for mentioning my blog on your post!

Candace said...

What a fantastic quilt, Carrie! Very pretty fabrics! I saw Eleanor Burns at quilt market last spring during Sample Spree - she was promoting the book and all dressed up in a darling apron - and looking great for her age!
Cheers!

Sheila said...

Love that block Carrie , I like that you hand appliquéd it ! Lovely work as always :-)

Unknown said...

Like your first block:)

Unknown said...

Like your first block:)

Unknown said...

Carrie, I LOVE your Gizzard block! Very nice fabrics!
Hugs,
Deborah