I am in love. I finally got the binding on this quilt and now it is my newest favorite quilt I have made. This was a free BOM offered by Dawn Heese a couple years ago.
I am so glad I used these fabrics. Something a bit out of the ordinary for me.My friend Laura who did the quilting just blows me away with the way she did this quilt.
You can see more photos that she took here. She has made this quilt just shine. I can't stop looking at it.
Thanks so very much Laura for such a awesome job!! This is the other quilt I am entering in our local quilt show.
Laura now is the proud owner of a long arm quilting machine. No more pinning quilts for her! If you need a quilt done she is your girl!
I thought I would also have photos to share of the Applique bee but only two of us showed up. We had a good visit though. Several were at doctor's appointments. Others with grandchildren. More were at the quilt show in Paducah, Kentucky having way to much fun I am sure!
With Passion,
Carrie P.
ps come back Monday for those who love doing wool applique. I will be having a giveaway!
35 comments:
What a pretty quilt for spring! The quilting is beautiful!!
Oh my gosh... stunning!!! The quilt is just beautiful and the colors are gorgeous. And the quilting... just wow.
Hi Carrie,
I can see why this quilt is one of your favorites. It is simply lovely. The fabrics and the pattern just say 'happy' to me. Oh, and your longarm quilting friend shouldn't have any problems finding tops to quilt, as her work is wonderful.
Enjoy!
Suzanne
Pieced Pastimes
What a beauty Carrie! I know already I would choose it best of show and then some other prizes too at a quilt show. Laura said it "Carrie's applique is PERFECT" and she is right! You certainly chose the right person to quilt it...so creative.
Gorgeous quilt, Carrie, and the quilting is fabulous. That is one BOM I'm sorry I missed - such a happy and spring like quilt to look at. Congrats on a wonderful finish!
Holy Cow, Carrie! No wonder it's you new favorite quilt! It's stunning and so well done by both you and Laura! I can't even see your applique stitches! It's truly a masterpiece!
Cheers!
This quilt is a beauty!! Your applique is perfection, of course. The quilting is just amazing. I will say congratulations now for all the ribbons you will win!
I love everything about this quilt -- the bright, happy colors, the masterfully executed applique, and the perfectly suited quilting. I can see why it's your new favorite! Congratulations!
Absolutely beautiful Carrie!! I always love your applique -- that combined with the awesome quilting puts this over the top. Congratulations on such a beautiful quilt. Karen
That is a beautiful quilt and your fabrics were the right choice, just gorgeous and her quilting is truly a beautiful part of it.
Debbie
Scrumptious! I love, love the colors! Blessings, Marlene
Fresh as Spring. Gorgeous quilt and colors. The quilting is spectacular. Laura has an eye for doing what will make a quilt sparkle.
your quilt is lovely.......also the quilting.......great to have a finish.........
Oh that would be a favorite of mine too , gorgeous and your friend Laura is a talented quilter !
I like your new quilt. A very light and springy look with the fabrics chosen. I cannot remember this being one of Dawn's freebies. But maybe it is the fabrics you have used that makes it look different.
Such a pretty fresh quilt and wonderful quilting! I like the way the applique is arranged amongst the pieced blocks.
It's gorgeous! All the best in the show : )
Gasp! That is fabulous and the quilting is gorgeous.
Wow, I can see why you love it. Stunning!
Un trabajo precioso, es un Quilt maravilloso lleno de color y armonÃa. Me encanta el trabajo de acolchado es espectacular. Besos.
WOOOW Carrie! What a beautiful Quilt! The quilting is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Deborah
Your quilt just makes me smile! Job well done! Thanks for sharing your work and continuing to inspire!
Your quilt is soooo pretty and the quilting is gorgeous. It complements the quilt perfectly! I'm not surprised it is your new favourite quilt!
That quilt is stunning!! Laura sure enough did make it shine with her quilting!! Fabulous!!
That quilt is stunning!! Laura sure enough did make it shine with her quilting!! Fabulous!!
Carrie, it is so beautiful. The quilting is fantastic and adds to the beauty of the quilt. I understand why it is your favorite. Hugs
What a gorgeous quilt - an heirloom piece, for certain!
That's a wonderful quilt, no wonder you love it so much! I like the soft colors and the quilting adds a nice touch to it.
That's beautiful Carrie!
Thanks so much Carrie! And thanks for believing in me when I first got started and not being afraid to give me constructive criticism:)
Good gracious that is stunning!!
Oh my gosh Carrie - that's beautiful!!! What a lovely job you've done, and Laura put the icing on the cake :) Congrats on a great finish - I'm sure it will do well in the show!!
Carrie that is absolutely stunning - I adore the colors, what a wonderful quilt!!!
Your quilt is so pretty. I like the spring theme in your colors. I also like the design of the quilt. Sorry I missed the BOMs. It would be a fun quilt to make.
Just chiming in to add my love of your beautiful quilt! It's a real WOW!!
Post a Comment