Saturday-- Squash Blossom block done! from local shop BOM.
Sunday--Five blocks prepped! from Jeni's blog from the Willow sew along.
I will be linking up to What a Hoot! BOMs Away.
Can I be honest with all you quilters? After being in a sling for 6 weeks and doing nothing but sitting around mostly watching TV had put me in a rut. For a couple of weeks now I could have very easily gone into my sewing room to sew. I just did not feel like it. I am not one to just sit around doing nothing. I asked my kids to get me one of these Vivofit exercise bands for Christmas. This band has helped me to get up out of my chair and start moving again. Walking is my favorite way to exercise. This band challenges me to walk more steps each day. I am feeling much better and have gone in my sewing room three days in a row. Yippee!
With Passion,
Carrie P.

28 comments:
I know what you mean. I got a fitbit for my birthday and it has helped me to move more. Something about seeing how many steps you've taken that make you want to achieve your daily goal. Happy walking!
I may just have to try a band. What a great string of sewing days you had! great projects.
Cute blocks and I can relate. When I get really tired especially with the cold weather I cannot get motivated. I have been considering one of those fitness bands to encourage me to do something.
Sometimes we get in a rut and need a break, so enjoy your walks and getting out will get those creative juices flowing again.
Debbie
Love all the blocks and the fitband is so cool! I love walking. You have such a beautiful area to walk in. Hugs!
Carrie it is so fabulous to see you sewing again and feeling much more positive about everything. I hope your shoulder is settling down now and the pain is almost gone.
Wow! You did get busy girlfriend!!! Love your SSS blocks :) I'll be working on my next blocks this week - they are so fun! I've been thinking of getting one of those bracelets too; definitely need something to get me moving a little more. I sew a lot, but do not walk nearly enough!
happy news you are creating again! The band sounds interesting. I would love to be doing Jeni's BOM but too busy with customer quilts and working on a BOM for the shop I work at part time................but I have the patterns, so one day maybe!
Love your blocks, especially the applique! It is so interesting to hear that the band is helpful in getting you moving and that in turn is getting you back to sewing!
I have a fitbit. At first I really paid attention to my steps, etc...I could do better but Winter here is hard. I hate treadmills too. :o) Best of luck. I've loved the Squash Blossom block and have it marked as one I'd love to make an entire quilt out of...fall themed.
I love all your blocks. I was going to do Jacquelynne's BOM but I'm trying to limit new projects so I finish up some older ones. However I am going to start Jeni's blocks. Hugs
Beautiful blocks, dear Carrie!
The fitband is so cool - I love walking.
Hugs, Deborah
Beautiful blocks Carrie and the band sounds like s terrific idea !
love the blocks! And I really need one of those bands!
Your quilt blocks are very exciting and make my fingers itch to do likewise!
Wow - what wonderful production, Carrie! If it was the band that motivated you, I say more power to you! I for one know how hard it is to get motivated after being out of the game for a while! You go, girl!
Cheers!
your squash blossom quilt block is so cute x
I like what you have going with Jeni's sew along blocks. I have some made but have not taken time to prep any more. I will soon.
Your blocks are all dazzling. I think you are back to creating in your sewing room. I have had a Fitbit for several years and it has made walking more fun. I can't wait to see how close I am each day to my goals and if not quite there, I hop on the treadmill or go for a walk down our driveway and back a few times. It definitely gets me off my dufus even when I don't want to! lol
Your blocks are stunning, and your applique is inspiring. Wishing you well as you continue to recover and heal, the exercise is a great way to start the new year and boost your spirits; the weather is certainly cooperating right now! Best wishes for continued good health.
Your blocks are all wonderful. I am envious of how much you are accomplishing. I'm so glad you are feeling better.
Happy to hear you have your sewing groove back again! Just love all 3 of those wonderful projects!
You're on a roll with the blocks Carrie! I could feel my muscles getting weaker and weaker the last few months....not for any reason except that I sit and sew far more than I exercise. I bought myself a fitbit and got back on the treadmill. It keeps me accountable and I need that. blessings, marlene
I love your baby blues with browns blocks, so sweet! Thanks for sharing your pieces!
I love those blocks and how the colors blend so well! I know just what you mean about being more active. It's a daily struggle and when you're coming off of surgery or being injured, it's that much harder to get motivated. I've been researching fitness watches/bands, thinking about getting one. Thanks for mentioning it and best wishes on being as active as you once were!
Very nice blocks Carrie, you were super productive. I hope you are feeling much better.
I didn't do any sewing over the last weekend and I'm sitting here among a mess of sewing items that need to be put away from over a week ago. I know, that is horrible. Maybe if things were in order then I would be motivated to work on some projects.
Love the fabrics for your Sweet Simplicity.....and that band is an awesome things to have...
Carrie, you were really smoking up the tracks there! Nice bit of work to share. :)
Post a Comment