Thursday, January 22, 2015

Two days for me

My babysitting schedule has changed a bit. I now have Wednesdays and Thursdays off from watching my grandson. Yesterday I decided to pull out these blocks that I started last year. Moda had an alphabet blog hop. I did a pretty good job keeping up with them. Then something came up and I didn't get the rest of the letters made. 
 This will be a quilt for Damien to sleep under when he is at grandma's house.
 I did get the letter K made.
 And speaking of quilts for my grandson. The mailman brought a box up to my door that I was not expecting. Stephanie from the "Rummage" blog sent an all corduroy quilt for Damien. She washed it already and it is the softest quilt ever. To me it is softer than flannel. It is a small quilt which will be perfect to use when he is in his car seat or stroller. Thank you so very much Stephanie. Such a sweet thing to do.
Just in case you want to try to make some corduroy quilts you can look for a book that Stephanie wrote, Uncommonly Corduroy. There are some fabulous designs in this book. I have seen the book at JoAnn's and in the Connecting Threads catalog.
 Yesterday I also got my last Bertie's BOM ironed on the back ground and the half square triangles made for the borders.
 Today the Applique Addicts had our first meeting of the year. We are working on a raffle quilt when our guild hosts the symposium in a few year.All the blocks are different orchids and will be done in batik fabrics.  I have two blocks to make which I hope to start next week. Charlotte got hers appliqued. Isn't it so pretty?
  Joyce made this wonderful clutch.
 I worked on these two blocks.
  Look at this fabulous table topper Jane made. It is a Primitive Gatherings pattern.
 Brenda was also working with some wool to make a strawberry table runner.
 It has been two good days for sewing for me. Hope you had time to do some sewing too.

With Passion,
Carrie P.


21 comments:

Susie said...

Gee all so beautiful. You have been very busy.

Karen said...

The Bertie block is what grabbed my attention. I think that is one of the patterns I have.

WoolenSails said...

What beautiful pieces, love the wool flower mat. I do have one that i made, but I gave it away, guess I will have to make another. Your grandson is so adorable. I loved watching mine, but my body can't take it anymore.

Debbie

Abby and Stephanie said...

I think Damien is going to learn his ABCs while snuggling with grandma. Such a fun quilt. I think babies need lots of quilts...stroller, car, crib, floor, napping, grandma... :o) Such wonderful work by talented ladies. One day I shall make a kiss closure purse with the metal frame.

marina said...

love your alphabet blocks. The little added bunny is very cute.
The corduroy quilt looks great too, what a lovley gift.
your Bertie block is fantastic, these are such gorgeous blocks.
always enjoy seeing what the clever applique girls have been up to. Your blocks look interesting too. love the wool with the fabric.

Leeanne said...

a tasty feast of beautiful makes! This of course includes your sweet grandson!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh so many pretty things going on. Love the strawberries they look so real.

Lynn said...

Love the alphabet quilt. And isn't Stephanie the best, her quilt is darling. And speaking of darling, so is your little one.

Preeti said...

Nice to see so many beautiful things !! The quilt from your friend for your grandson is lovely:)

Unknown said...

So cute! Love the bunny on the B

Cathy said...

The alphabet quilt is coming along nicely. What a wonderful surprise. I love all the projects you are working on. Hugs

KaHolly said...

Wow, you're accomplishing so very much! How sweet of Stephanie to send you such an durable surprise!,

Hazel said...

I never would have believed that corduroy could be softer than flannel!
I loved all the photos in this post!

Robin said...

What an amazing treat that corduroy quilt is! It is beautiful and I can just imagine how cozy. Lucky little dude! :)

Love the blocks you're working on. The alphabet ones are super fun (love the little bunny on 'B'), and the vine and acorn are lovely. You've been keeping yourself busy!

Barb said...

great to see all the projects your working on. Damien is a cutie! and he has a quilt collection started.
I really really like the alphabet blocks!

Allie said...

That alphabet quilt is darling!!! And Damien is so cute, what fun you must have. Lovely gift from Stephanie, so sweet. Your Bertie's BOM is wonderful, I adore that pattern!

Lynette said...

Hi there :) The last Bertie - "already?" It's been so nice watching those blocks emerge. I love corduroy quilts using the soft fine wale. They're very comforting.

Candace said...

Damien is going to be the smartest baby around - he will learn his Alphabet so fast with that darling quilt! What a wonderful surprise from Stephanie! Don't you just love how soft and supple a corduroy quilt is?! Your appliqué group puts out some stunning work!
Cheers!

Judy said...

What a great idea to make an alphabet quilt! Lovely applique and work all around. Thanks for mentioning the book and what a neat quilt for Damien to snuggle under.

Unknown said...

WOW - Beautiful projects dear Carrie!
You have been very busy.
Hugs
Deborah

Dar said...

There were many beautiful projects there from you and your group. You are a bunch of talented ladies. What a neat idea for a baby quilt with corduroy. I bet it WAS soft.