Wednesday night we got more snow! When we woke up in the morning we had 5 inches on the ground. Mr. P. took this photo of our blueberry plants all covered in snow.
I did not watch my grandson Thursday so I spent the day sewing!I cut and sewed the February block for my Modern Quilt therapy group. Here is the January and February blocks together.
I got the binding and backing made for my daughter's seashell quilt. (see previous post)
I also cut and sewed these five blocks for a tablerunner from a pattern by Sherri of Aquiltinglife.com.
I am giving this and the seashell quilt to my daughter for her birthday which is in March. I am going to get this quilted this weekend.
I love this kind of snow which coats everything like frosting.
Most of it has melted.It was beautiful while it lasted.
With Passion,
Carrie P.



31 comments:
Your snow photos are beautiful! You made good use of the inside day with gorgeous sewing! Loe your Feb. modern block and also I think the runner for your daughter will be lovely. Stay warm!
it is pretty....when it's somewhere else....ours is still here of course...way too cold but next week a warming trend!
Although it is beautiful when it is snowing I am so over it. We've also been in the negative temps. Anyhoo...your blocks are beautiful. I the the table runner blocks. Stay warm and keep busy. Hugs
Oh Carrie what dreamy photo's of the snow! LOVE them all! Your day was not lost looking at snow, you got lots of sewing done, very nice!
Lucky you spending your day sewing. All your blocks are so lovely. I read your past few entries, like you I've got my hands full with a little fellow. And not sewing much. Hopefully by next year I can sit him in my sewing room with some toys and get some done. Until then I'll enjoy the few minutes here and there I can manage.
You got quite a bit of snow. We lucked out and got a few flurries.
Debbie
pretty snow and pretty quilts!
Your snow is lovely and your blocks are fabulous. Glad you are enjoying the snow. After day 75 of the snow and cold captivity it isn't quite as lovely.
Your Modern Quilt Therapy blocks are so beautiful! I love the gray with white and jade green, and I don't think I've seen that combination before. Very pretty -- as is all that snow! Here in Charlotte, NC, we had a "winter storm" this week that resulted in two snow days and three delayed openings for the kids. But it was so little snow that it just looked like dandruff all over the green lawns. The main issue is that it melts as the day warms up, then freezes when temperatures drop at night and the roads get dangerous. But I do miss the sight of a snow-laden fir tree and a blanket of fluffy white all over everything after a REAL snow fall! Your pictures reminded me of my childhood winters in Minnesota.
lovely blocks and the blue blocks for the runner are beautiful.
gorgeous snow pics
I'm a fan of snow as long as someone else has it or it's on snow capped mountains! Otherwise one new fallen fresh coating is all I'm good for. :o) Love the February block. Your daughter is going to have a special handmade birthday. Stay warm.
So much eye candy! I love your modern quilt therapy blocks. Green is my favorite color. Your daughter is going to be so delighted with her gifties. You are accomplishing so much in a day. It puts me to shame! Your photos make the snow look refreshing, but I'm sure the majority if the country has had just about enough. Have a wonderful, funderful weekend!
I love to sew on snowy days! Looks like you had a very productive day and made so many really lovely blocks!
great snow photos -
love those blocks
So much snow and oh so pretty.
I like the colors in the modern quilt blocks you made.
What a lovely post!! Your snowstorm pictures are so wintery and beautiful. And then your blocks are just gorgeous! The colors in your Modern Quilting therapy blocks are stunning!!
I like to be snowed -in, just enough to sew, too!
Susie
Ohhh!WOW! So much of fresh snow :)
Your blocks are all wonderful.... I like your green combination in the Modern Quilt!
Hugs, Deborah
We know snow is good for one thing -- sewing! What a great day you had, Carrie! I love the block colors and your daughter is going to have a lovely present!
Cheers!
You were so productive. I love the Jan and Feb blocks and the table runner is so pretty. I can't wait to see it quilted.
The snow pictures are gorgeous.
You made great use of your sew day , I just love those blocks , great colour combination . Enjoy your quilting this weekend .
Beautiful blocks and the snow pictures are lovely:)
I'll take the snow any day over these below zero temps we've had - looks lovely, Carrie! You've really been sewing, girl, your blocks are so perfect - and I love the table runner!
Fresh snow is always so beautiful! You got some great photos. And it looks like you got a lot accomplished in the sewing room. I love the table runner for you daughter.
I love, love, love all the white stuff....it is beautiful.
Your quilt blocks are pretty and I think your daughter will love the piece you made for her.
Smiles,
Kelly
Nothing like a snow day for a fun & creative day! Your blocks are beautiful and so are your snow pics. I love a fresh coat of snow - our winter has had little snow but WAY too much cold.
I really love your Jan. and Feb. blocs. Your snow pictures were really beautiful. I agree that it is so pretty when it just lays on top of the branches and limbs so delicately.
What lovely snow!! I wish that you could send some our way ;-) Great color choices on your modern blocks, I love the fabric for the center square. I like the crispness of the table runner with the blues set against the white background-nice!
Your modern quilt therapy blocks look awesome-- love the green! Your daughter is going to love her new nautical-themed treats.
Snow is so beautiful. But I am thankful we haven't gotten any (so far!) this season. :)
I'm so impressed by how perfect your quilt blocks are Carrie! A very good day of sewing!
Your yard looks so lovely! But I'm ready for Spring to come too!
Those are beautiful blocks and nice color combinations. The snow is beautiful to watch, so calming, but I really want to get out and go for walks, lol.
Debbie
Post a Comment