Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Snow Day

We woke up to 2 inches of snow even though the weatherman said a dusting! Because of where I live it was to hard for my son to bring my grandson over for me to watch... so guess what grandma did?





I got the rest of the blocks sewn. As you can see I was able to sew the sashing and border together too. These block patterns were from Jacquelynne Steves free BOM. This small quilt will be for my daughter.
I will be going to my son's house tomorrow but we are supposed to get 4-6 inches of snow beginning tomorrow night. I doubt I will be watching my grandson Thursday or Friday so you know what that means?! I will be in my sewing room again.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

15 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

You are getting way too much snow for your neck of the woods. But enjoy the snow day.

WoolenSails said...

We are getting a little more tonight, but not too bad.
Nice to have some time for yourself and that is a beautiful quilt.

Debbie

Leeanne said...

Thank you for sharing your snow scenes, so pretty.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Grandma shall play while the grandson is away. :o) Have fun sewing. Stay warm.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Beautiful snow photos Carrie. Cute little quilt finish. Lucky you see your grandson often.

Candace said...

Sometimes snow can be just the thing you need!
Enjoy!!

Hazel said...

The quilt is very pretty!

Robin said...

Yay, snow day! I'm glad you were able to take some time for yourself, Carrie. Looks like you are using it well-- the top is beautiful! :)

Allie said...

Wow that's a lot of snow for you - it looks just beautiful, but not easy to get around in!!! I'm glad you had some sewing time, that quilt is just gorgeous. Enjoy your snow/sew days!

Dar said...

Snow days are just as much fun for us adults as they were for us as kids. I love being "forced" to stay inside and sew, don't you? :)

Karen said...

I saved those quilt block patterns by Jacquelyn. She does a nice newsletter.

Jeanna said...

No time with you grandson? Then the next best thing is being productive in the sewing room. I love this quilt!

Janet said...

There a silver lining to all that snow I guess. Your small quilt looks lovely.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Love that snow....great quilt. Drive safe :)

Kelly

KaHolly said...

Carrie, it's just beautiful! Shells...they certainly speak to me. Your daughter will just love it! I didn't get very far with this BOM, but I'll finish it one day. Esp. now that I've seen yours!