Yesterday I finished one row of the BOM that I am trying to finish before my next guild meeting. It took me about 2 hours to quilt this one section. Some of you are probably wondering what I am doing. Well I am trying something new for me. I want to quilt some of my quilts but you know how hard it is to fight with them in a regular sewing machine. I had this book by Georgia Bonesteel who does something called "lap quilting" and then I bought this other book a while back by Marti Michell. So this is my first attempt at trying this technique. So far so good. I will let you know how it is sewing the four rows together.
The block patterns were made from Marti Michell templates. They are made of plastic like the rulers. I did not buy them instead I made freezer paper templates. I have decided that making a quilt like this is not for me. Now give me freezer templates for applique and I am ready to go.
As you can see I also added sashing strips which matches some of the fabric in the blocks. Let's talk applique tomorrow, okay?
With Passion, Carrie P.
5 comments:
Love the fabrics in the quilt...I'm really interested to hear how the machine quilting goes as well...I'd really like to be able to machine quilt some of my own things.
Hmmm.. this is a new technique for me too. I did see someone else do it this summer and the quilt turned out lovely. I can't wait to see how yours comes along. I do like the blocks.. and love the fabrics. Are you going to applique on this quilt??
So is it like quilt as you go then? I've never tried it. Looking forward to seeing how it works for you. I've been machine quilting this weekend. Pfaff was giving me fits!
Carrie your blocks look great, love your sashing fabric.
It's really looking great! I do love that stripe that you're sashing with, too!
Post a Comment