Friday, December 19, 2008

Wednesday and Thursday and Friday and the Weekend

I have been busy and will be busy the next couple of days. Wednesday my quilting bee had their annual Christmas luncheon. We usually have it at some one's house which is always nice. There were twenty four of us that attended this year. It was a house full. This year was really nice because we were in for a treat. Our hostess set up tables with linen table clothes and napkins. She had set out her antique china and real silverware. Her centerpieces were old tin wind-up toys. It was so fascinating to go to each table and look at the toys. Each of us brought a covered dish. The food and fellowship was just so great. Everything was perfect. A few of us stayed to help wash all those antique dishes which do not go in the dishwasher.

On Thursday I taught my beginner applique class. I have two students and one of them has really been busy. They are both in my bee and guild. I saw them at the bee one day and the busy one had finished her homework from the last time we met and she wanted to know what she could do next on her own. The other student has been busy but she has been making Christmas ornaments. Lots of them. She is almost finished so maybe she will be able to catch up on her homework.
Here is one student's work. She still has some circles to put on this block.

These two pictures are the other student's work.
They are both doing great work for beginners as you can see.

I wanted to share a picture of another UFO I just finished. (not on the list) This quilt had been sitting on the shelf for several months waiting in line to be machine quilted. I got it back several weeks ago and just finished the binding last night. This was a $5.00 BOM quilt from our local shop that was from 2006, I think. The shop chose the block fabric and I chose the star and border fabric. I also did the other version they had available which is black background fabric with bright fabrics. That one is on my UFO list so you will get to see it later.

I am spending the day with my daughter today. We have a lot planned. Saturday we will be meeting my son's future in-laws. We are going out to dinner together. On Sunday they are coming over here after church for dinner so you know what that means. Lots of preparation to get ready for company. So I will close for now and you all be safe and warm. I know some of you are in for some bad weather. Have a great weekend and I will let you know how it all went on Monday.

With Passion, Carrie P.

12 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

Have a nice time with all that is going on in your world. I am always liking taking applique classes. I find I can improve. My technique is not great but I'll never stop working on it. Circles and leaves are such a great place to start. I'm sure your students love you. What method are you using for beginners?

Purple and Paisley said...

oh how i wish i lived near you and could take your beginner applique class! the flowers look so simple yet fabulous! have a great weekend and don't stress too much! ☺

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You're one busy lady these days! Something tells me the future in laws will leave their white gloves at home, have fun!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Your student's are doing very nice work and I'm sure it's because they have a very good teacher. Gorgeous BOM. Have a good weekend.

Salem Stitcher said...

Your student's work is beautiful I wouldn't want anyone to take a close up photo like that of my work! You're a great teacher!

Dawn said...

Carrie, I have the same thoughts as P&P. I wish I lived closer so I could take a class from you. I've taken a few classes with different techniques and have not quite mastered the art of applique! Have fun meeting the new inlaws!!

Sherri said...

I'm in with the others...I need to take a class from you! And your UFO is beautiful!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Carrie, your students are doing so well, they must of had a great teacher...
I hope your weekend goes well, sounds busy.
Merry Christmas,
Bonnie

Heritage Quilter said...

All I can say is wow. You are a busy lady. I love the applique. You do such beautiful work. I know your students are privledged to learn from a master.

Browndirtcottage said...

well carrie....i'm very impressed with your beginners.....must be they have a GOOD teacher!!

Eileen said...

You are obviously a WONDERFUL teacher. Your students' work is so nice.
I hope you had a good weekend!

Sheri Howard said...

Sounds like your holidays are GREAT! I wish I could have been to your luncheon, I love eating on antique dishes. I too love applique...the more applique, the happier I am! Thanks for the pictures of your students, looks like they are having so much fun!