Friday, January 23, 2009

Applique Bee

Yesterday was the applique bee that I facilitate. There are two groups. These ladies are very talented and I hope you will enjoy this show and tell.
I designed a name tag pattern. A few ladies got around to making theirs. Aren't they cute. Notice the names. In the 10 am group there are two Ellens and in the 1 pm group there are two Beckys.

These next two photos are made by the same person. I love her Aunt Millie background fabric. They are so beautiful. A touch of spring for sure.
This a BOM that she did through a guild. She is getting ready to put it on a quilt frame and hand quilt it.

Here is another appliquer's block. I love this block but I really like the stripe fabric on the stem and leaf of the flowers.

More to come later. When you have time go say hi to another new blogger. Her blog is called Five Healthy Hearts. I have been conversing with her and didn't realize she was new to blogging. When you click on the title it will take you to her 3 part life story which is very inspirational. Read it first and you will know why her blog has that title, then check out the rest of her blog.

Thank you all for visiting Amy too. Your comments were helpful for me too since I am still new at this myself.

With Passion, Carrie P.

That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet. Emily Dickinson

17 comments:

Nane said...

Stunning...someday I will learn to applique I hope!

MichelleB said...

I LOVE that last block. My goodness, the fabric choices are spectacular.

Anonymous said...

All these applique blocks you are sharing are absolutely stunning! It is like a breath of fresh air...seriously! Love those colors.

Salem Stitcher said...

The nametags are very sweet. You have a talented group!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Great name tags. I love the aqua background in Aunt Millie. Lots of talented ladies you "hang out" with Carrie!

Darlene said...

An incredibly talented group of women. I wish I had a local applique group to enjoy. Sigh!

Candace said...

Great Show and Tell, Carrie! I love your nametag and the little bee on them! I'll bet the energy from so many talented quilters in one room is amazing!
Cheers!

Annie said...

Lovely work - I especially love those name badges. Lucky ladies to be in a group like that.

Robin said...

Seeing all this beautiful work is so inspiring! Thank you so much for the lovely show and tell. I'm definitely going to have to work on some applique tonight. :)

Farmhouse Blessings said...

You know I'm always just in awe every time you display those applique blocks. Just beautiful!

Smiles,
Lea

Browndirtcottage said...

Those were cute little name tags....and I LOVE the last block...you're right...that stripe in the stems is FAB!!! Thanks for sharing Carrie!

Arlette said...

I love your quilted name tags. Cute design and such a clever idea. I enjoyed seeing all of the beautiful appliqued blocks too. You and your friends are very talented!
Aloha!

Dawn said...

They are all so beautiful...thanks for sharing!

Cheryl said...

Wow, great show and tell!! Love those name tags.

Karen said...

Absolutely beautiful applique stitching. What a talented group. I, too love the background fabric on the two Aunt Millie blocks. The quilt top that is ready for quilting is superb.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Some lovely work showcased here, I know you're enjoying these ladies and their accomplishments.

Cindy said...

Oh my goodness, those nametags are just too cute. I think I need to take a class from you. The photos you share are "sew" in spiring.