Saturday, January 24, 2009

More Talent

Today I am sharing more talent from the applique bee. Seeing every ones work is so inspiring for me. I hope you will be inspired too.

This first block has a ruched flower. The appliquer who made this is also doing Aunt Millie's Garden too. She is almost finished with a block.

These two blocks are made by one of my students. I really like the black background. It is a bold look.

These next three pictures were made by the same appliquer. She was also one of my students.


Tomorrow is Candace's birthday so go by and wish her a Happy one.

With Passion, Carrie P.

Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it. Henry David Thoreau

17 comments:

Lindsey said...

Soooooo beautiful...I can understand why you love applique so much...I especially love the black background. Thanks for the tip on the puzzle goo...we were thinking about framing it but couldn't figure out how we were going to do that ...

Sherri said...

Such beautiful work...each leaf and flower are perfection!

Sherri said...

Oops...each IS perfection!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Beautiful blocks. Love the applique on the black background!

Candace said...

Carrie, you're so nice - thanks for sending folks over with birthday wishes!
And I am SO inspired by all the applique - thanks again for sharing!
Cheers!

Barbara said...

The applique done by your students is just beautiful. I particularly like the ones on the black background. You have to be an excellent teacher!

Darlene said...

You're in the company of extreme talent (and they are when they're with you!)

Thank you for sharing!

Carol said...

Beautiful, beautiful work. Thanks for sharing! It's such inspiration.

Deb said...

OMG!! those are just gorgeous.. it makes me want to make another in the black background. they are all just awesome thanks so much for posting these wonderful creations.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Carrie, just lovely, thanks so much for sharing...

Cheryl said...

Such beautiful work! Thanks for sharing.

Faith said...

Oh this is so lovely to see and just so inspiring these applique blocks brighten up your day, were the edges tucked under like the old fashioned way? or were the flowers cut out ironed on with fusion then stitched round the edge with the machine?

Cindy said...

The black background really makes the applique "pop". These appliques look sew, sew pretty.

SewAmy said...

omg, your applique is gorgeous.

Browndirtcottage said...

I want to do projects like this when I grow up!

Karen said...

The black background really allows the applique to atand out. Each project is wonderfully done. Kudos to your ladies!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Fantastic work by a talented group, you hang out with some nifty needlers!