Thursday, February 19, 2009

Carried Away!



Yes, I got a little carried away making these little wallets I first saw on Stephanie's blog.  I have a lot of girl's birthdays coming up and I am going to put gift cards in them. Then they can use them how they want.  They went pretty fast too. I ruined some snaps before I got the hang of putting them in but you could use some Velcro and then put a button on front like Cindy did. 

With Passion, Carrie P.

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.  Marie Curie

13 comments:

Kaaren said...

How cool are those! Are they difficult to make? Six of us get together every Tuesday night to stitch, chat, drink tea and eat goodies. Every now and again we surprise each other with some little thing either handmade or purchased on our travels and I think this would be an ideal wee giftie. No time for grass to grow under your feet. You never cease to amaze me Carrie.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

That is the cutest gift idea ever, my 13 year old daughter gives her friends gift cards, I need to try that. How very fun!

Candace said...

How fun - Carrie is "carried" away!!! And what a great idea to use them as gift card wallets!
Cheer!

Robin said...

Oh! I have always thought those little wallets were cute-- but I love the idea of including a little gift card too. Awesome! This project is definitely going on "the list" now! :)

Abby and Stephanie said...

Told you they were fast and easy! Great job! Love all the colors.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Carrie what a great idea as a gift...love the choice of fabrics.

MichelleB said...

Your wallets are so cute! I love the fabric.

Anonymous said...

Can I pick mine? They are fantastic! Looks to me like your getting Christmas covered early!

Deb said...

they are cute Carrie..and the girls will love them!! great fabs to work with!!

Karen said...

Very nice. Perfect for gift cards.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love these. They're perfect, I did a few of the wonder wallets a while ago, love these with the snap closure. Well done, Carrie!

Cindy said...

These card wallets are wonderful, Carrie. You go ahead, get "carried" away anytime....LOL

Anonymous said...

I love making those lil wallets too! I'm actually going to use them as favors at my sisters bridal shower. Once I got the hang of the snaps, it was on! lol.