With Passion, Carrie P.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Tickled Pink
I have had a busy day with the OP Challenge but I will get to that in a minute. First I have to tell about a box I got in the mail today. My birthday is in five days and I got a box with these wrapped gifts in them from Stephanie. I pulled out one and then another and then there were five. Just a couple of weeks ago she sent a beautiful bag and journal she made and now another box. She is going to spoil me. Since there are five gifts and five days until my birthday I have decided to have a little fun and open one gift a day.
Today I opened up the plate. I am a birdwatcher and I love certain things with birds on them. This plate is so cute. This plate will hang in my kitchen. Can't wait until tomorrow! Thank you so much Stephanie for your thoughtfulness. You are a blessing to me and many others.
Now for the OP Challenge. This bird fabric is my inspiration. I thought I might use purple as my third color but I got to looking at this fabric and I decided to use the teal on the bird. So today when I went to run some errands I made a quick stop at the quilt shop with a 30% coupon in my hand and I bought 3 yards of a fabric that matches perfectly
You can see it in the middle cross sections of the blocks. This is what I did today. Tomorrow I am going to mix up the placement of the colors. I am planning to use those birds in the blocks somehow. I only have a fat quarter to work with so I am going to have to think about how I am going to do this. You can check out Pat Sloan's blog to see some other versions.
Until Tomorrow,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
OK, that is so sweet of Stephanie. Happy Birthday!
Your OP blocks really have some pop! Love them!! Your inspiration fabric is beautiful, will be watching for the birds to appear. Enjoy your sewing weekend.
The plate is wonderful and I can't wait to see the rest of the birthday treasures she sent you. Happy birthday in advance Carrie, just in case I forget on your actual birth day.
I love what's happening with your OP blocks. Do the birds lend themselves to be fussy cut and appliqued somehow? That is a really prety fabric.
Well...Happy..soon to be Birthday
to you Carrie....what wonderful
goodies I'm sure you have in store from Stephanie...can't wait to see
what's in the other packages..that
bird plate is THE cutest ever!!
That Stephanie has a 'nack' for
cute stuff doen't she!!
Wow! What a nice friend Stephanie is! That plate is very cute and it sounds like there are some more nice treats ahead!
I'm really liking the look of your OP blocks so far. The green and orange look great... make me think of autumn. Like Kaaren, I can envision some of those birds fussy cut and flying about over the quilt. But maybe they want to be peeking out of the blocks too. :)
stephanie is so thoughtful...what a wonderful plate! it just could not happen to a more deserving person, carrie...☺...
your bird fabric and project are gorgeous!
Oh Carrie Happy Birthday early, Stephanie is so kind, I love the palte and cannot wait until tomorrow, Your OP project is looking great so far!
I love your OP work! That inspiration fabric is great, and so are your blocks.
Great gifts....and the OP blocks, very nice..the countdown is on, Happy Birthday to you for then..take care Carrie..
Clever how you photographed the plate with the bird next to it. :o) Glad you like it.
I just love that bird fabric. What a great shade of green.
Happy Birthday in 5 Days!
What a wonderful gift...can't wait to see what else is in that treasure box. Your OP quilt is going to be wonderful!
Well, one thing for sure, Carrie. YOU have PATIENCE, girl. Don't know if I could have those presents staring at me and only open one a day...LOL How very thoughtful of Stephanie.
What beautiful gifts...if I had 5 gifts made by Stephanie...there is no way I could open just one a day!!!
I can't believe your birthday is coming up...mine is on the 26th...just a day after yours....I've been out of town but have loved looking at all the new blog posts...beautiful as ever. Happy Happy early birthday:)
Gosh - you are definitely being spoiled by Stephanie - how fun! And such thoughtful gifts!
Cheers!
Gorgeous fabric!! Great inspiration piece!
Post a Comment