Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm Back

I am back. I went out of town yesterday to quilt shop that was having a 25% off everything in the store sale and today I had my applique bee. I will share those in the next couple of days but I wanted to finish showing you the basket quilt. Here are the last three blocks. Tomorrow the reveal.


Look what I  finally got to do.  My Tisket, A Tasket blocks.  I am caught up and ready for block number four.


I forgot a pincushion when I was showing you the rest of my pincushions.  The reason I forgot it was because it is so cute I put it on my windowsill at my kitchen sink so I could admire it.  I will use it eventually.  I know some of you have seen it already because it is the one I got from my Tea Swap partner, Darlene.


With Passion, Carrie P.

Imitate the sundial's ways... count only the pleasant days.    German Proverb

34 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Your tisket-tasket blocks are just as cute and precious as they can be! Sounds like you had a productive road trip!

Nanette Merrill said...

Don't you just love a good fabric sale! Darling blocks. As always your applique takes my breath away.

Yvette said...

What great Tisket a Tasket blocks. That brown bunny is especially cute. That pincushion looks good enougg to eat.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Your work is just amazing!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Carrie, your basket are just adorable; I can't wait to see the reveal! And your Tisket blocks are so cute. I am still trying to catch up on those.

Eileen said...

Your basket blocks are really wonderful. Love your fabric choices.. and the workmanship is perfect.. of course. :-)

Hope you found some good bargains. FUN!!

Purple and Paisley said...

can't wait to see your basket quilt in all its glory...i am in love with the colors...☺

Julia said...

What great Tisket a Tasket blocks ..cute as can be!

The basket quilt looks gorgeous, can't wait to see the whole quilt..
Nothing like a good fabric sale to buy a bit more to add to the stash..
Julia ♥

Rumi said...

Great blocks! Love the precision applique! Glad you had a nice trip to the quilt shop. My favorite kind of road trip!

Anonymous said...

Lovely blocks!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I don't NEED any more fabric but I'm so ready for a road trip! Looking forward to seeing the entire quilt.

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed seeing your gorgeous basket blocks, and your TAT blocks are just wonderful. Do you needle turn or freezer paper applique?

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Carrie,
If you click on your pictures, you still can't hardly see your stitches. Beautiful work.
Can't wait to see your basket quilt.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Annette said...

I love how you did your tisket tasket blocks. Very pretty. And your quilt baskets are so clever with the appliqued flowers. Great idea!

Fiber Babble said...

I am so NOT a fan of basket blocks normally, but every time you post more, I'm so impressed! Looking forward to the big reveal - I can imagine nothing less than a stunning quilt!

Robin said...

Your Tisket a Tasket blocks are just wonderful! And I'm really looking forward to the basket quilt reveal. :)

Crispy said...

Wow.....all I can say is Wow. I can hardly wait for the reveal tomorrow.

Crispy

Salem Stitcher said...

Those tisket-tasket blocks are so sweet. I'm just collecting the patterns for now...adding it to my wish list.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh Carrie you are just totally amazing such beautiful work.....cute pincushion....sounds like you did have a good day..

Stina Blomgren said...

Love yur baskets..:o) And up to date with your Tisket a tasket blocks...wohhooo to you... I know I havent started yet...but I will ..soon..lol..:o)

Betsy said...

Carrie beautiful blocks.

Kaaren said...

Basket day! What fun and how inspirational Carrie. I can't wait to see the basket quilt in it's entirety.

25% off everything sale? I'd go completely wild! Did you?

Browndirtcottage said...

These lil blocks are wonderful Carrie...I so enjoy that you share them...they just look so soft, crisp and 'poofy'. It never appears to me that you press/iron your applique.....do you???

Sherri said...

I love your Tisket a Tasket blocks...they are perfection!

Candace said...

Carrie, your basket blocks are beautiful, and the Tisket A Tasket - oh, my - don't I just love the little tail on the first bunny! Is that another of your needle punches?
Our stores here have all been having 25% off sales - they are certainly hard to resist!
Cheers!

Lindsey said...

It's a basket kind of a day...so pretty as ususal...Your tisket tasket bunny makes me want to go drum it up again. I just may!
Thanks for providing us with something beautiful each time you post...

Cindy said...

All your basket blocks are turning out so nice, Carrie.

The pincushion is just too cute, especially with the added cupcake pin embellishment. Looks good enough to eat. Watch out - it's in your kitchen - someone may think it's the "real" thing. LOL

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful........the more I see Patisserie the more i love it......your bags look great.......

Chookyblue...... said...

can you delete the last comment........wrong blog

Chookyblue...... said...

love all your blocks......

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Beautifully done tisket tasket blocks your color choices for fabric are super!

ranette said...

Amazing applique....and your tisket-tasket blocks are the best I've seen in blogland.

Arlette said...

Your basket blocks are beautiful and I love the pretty fabrics you chose. The color combination is just wonderful. You do gorgeous work!
Aloha!

Renee said...

How beautiful is all your work.

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Renee xoxox