So here is my randomness. As most of you know that read on a regular basis, I like watching and feeding the birds. Yesterday, while I was in another room I heard a thump. I thought it was my dog at the sliding glass door. I went to see what it was and there was this chickadee sitting on the patio, dazed. It sat there about five minutes and then flew off. A couple of days ago a dove hit the window upstairs in my sewing room. It was not so lucky.
I completed the joy block from the Christmas Love BOM. These are all three so far.
Yesterday was the $5 BOM meeting with the red, black, and white fabrics. We always have show and tell. The room is very small so I apologize for the heads in the picture. Don't adjust your screen and your eyes are not going bad. This quilt is supposed to look like this.



I am off to my quilting bee. I will be working on the donation guild quilt while I am there.
With passion, Carrie P.
Smell the perfume of flowers, taste with relish each morsel as if tomorrow you could never smell and taste again. Make the most of every sense. Helen Keller
15 comments:
Your Christmas love blocks are beautiful. Isn't it nice to have time to get "caught up" once in a while?!
Nice pictures and stories.
Catching up is like a breath of fresh air.
Carrie - the floral quilt is amazing - I love how the quilter pieced the blocks to make the flowers flow like they are real! Wonderful!
I'm so glad the Chickadee recovered, too!
Cheers!
I had to look at the blurry quilt again, it really is a neat effect. I love your Wish blocks, I'm looking forward to the next one posted.
Poor birdie. He does look a bit stunned. I also need to play the "catch up" game. I can't believe it's March!
Thank you for sharing the lovely eye candy. The blurry quilt was nice but I don't think I would want on my wall LOL. I particularly like the batik quilt.
Crispy
Poor chickadee, glad he's only dazed. The fractured floral quilt is positively wonderful! Love your little embroidered blocks, too... I have all three of the patterns. ;)
Those Christmas blocks are great, and have been tempting me all over the blogs. Thanks for the wonderful show and share photos..and happy that birdie was OK.
I'm glad the chickadee was just dazed. Poor little guy.
We had a cardinal that, for two years, he would start pecking on our bathroom window in the spring and do it most of the summer. Drove us nuts at times! He liked a bathroom window across the street also. Haven't seen him this year....so far!
Isn't Show 'n Tell fun? Thanks for showing us photos of the quilts.
I have the same trouble with birds at my house. Have any bluebirds yet? Chickadees are always good company.
It always feels good to work on some "old friends" and catch up some. Seeing your stitchery blocks has inspired me... I may have to try one out! As always, thanks for the lovely eye candy. :)
It is so nice to "catch up"! Good for you! Glad to hear the chickadee recovered! Have fun!!
Refreshing.
Wow these quilts are works of art.
Post a Comment