Tonight is my guild meeting and I did get the UFO top done. I had the blocks pieced and one block appliqued. Once I got the flowers prepared the applique went really fast. Now if you remember I mentioned that I started this quilt in 2000 or so. I had just started quilting the year before. When I started putting all the pieces together, I have to admit I was a little worried. I feared it would not fit right but I am so happy that it went together perfectly. Take a look at the extensions in the border. The lady that designed this quilt must be a mathematician too.

Go on over to
Kaaren's blog. She is having a giveaway. She hand painted a lamp and it is beautiful and she is giving it to some lucky winner. Her Tisket, A Tasket blocks are really cute too.
There is a new blogger in our midst. Go over and say hi to
Rumi. She is a friend of
Stephanie.
Have you been saving your selvages? I have and there is a giveaway over at
Moda Lissa's and she is giving away selvages. How fun is that?
With Passion, Carrie P.
Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself Anonymous
26 comments:
Love that quilt, Carrie! And yes, the designer must have been a mathmatician. It's beautiful!
At our guild meetings, we have a segment called IFFI's..."I Finally Finished It." It's pronounced iffy as in jiffy but without the "j". We bring in our UFO's that are finally completed and then graduate to being an IFFI. It's a lot of fun and an inspiration to those who have iffies themselves.
Thanks for mentioning my Give Away. My lamp is looking for a new home.
That quilt is gorgeous!
It feels so good to finish a UFO. Maybe I should try it. LOL
That quite the project to undertake if you'd only been quilting for a year! Pretty.
Wow beautiful quilt!! I can't believe you started it just after you started quilting.
Hooray on getting a UFO done!!
Crispy
Your finished UFO is just wonderful. You must be so exited to have pulled it out and finished it! It's like getting a quilting bonus.
Carrie beautiful quilt.
I am so glad you are able to finish it.
Your quilt is beautiful. I can't wait to see it tonight.
Wow - for a new quilter at that time, you would never know! Your finish is gorgeous, Carrie!
Cheers!
You did an awesome job on that quilt. Love the borders!
You amaze me, keeping up with the UFO challenge is a feat in itself! This quilt is a stunner... well done!
Beautiful quilt! You really are good with color.
Congratulations on completing that UFO top! It looks beautiful. I really need to do some finishing. I have a number of projects that have languished for too long.
ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! Stand up and take a bow for finishing such a beautiful UFO. Bet you wish you'd finished it when intended!! Nice job.
I know I say this everytime you post a finished UFO...but it really is motivating for me...keeps my UFO's on my mind! So thank you again!!! Plus, your work is always so gorgeous!
Love, love the quilt! The colors are wonderful!
Thanks for mentioning my new blog. Small world you being from Simi Valley. I lived in Oxnard for several years.
Carrie! That quilt is sooooo lovely. And I adore your new banner. Forgive my absence. I had to give up on the Tisket Tasket bom but I'm looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work!
Carrie, your quilt and pattern are gorgeous, to think you started something as complicated as this just after you started quilting. I'm in awe. Wished I could see it in person.
Your quilt is bright and cheerful...I bet you got oohs and aaahs at guild!
Ooh, Carrie - was it tedious to get the quilt blocks to "lean" into the border? How cool!
one more UFO - bites the dust!
Very clever and the borders sure give it zing! Math is not my strongest subject, but I sure would like to try that kind of border. Lovely applique, too!
WOW, that quilt is a masterpiece! Thanks for sharing that with us, thanks for finishing it! I don't have many UFO's because I am crazy about finishing things.
Carrie, your quilt looks fabulous.
Boy obviously a lot of adding and subtracting done there.
What a gorgeous quilt!! You must be delighted to get it nearly completed. I started quilting in around 2000 as well when I was living in the USA.
It is just amazing, how about joining my new swap? come take a peek.
Hi Carrie, This quilt is simply stunning. Lovely work.
Simply beautiful...elegant...an
amazing design!!
Post a Comment