Last Thursday after several months of physical therapy I finally broke down after no change with the therapy and went to get a cortisone shot in my elbow. It is feeling 98% better. I think the pain that is still left is from the mean old needle. If you ever had a cortisone shot you know what I mean. OUCH! Anyway, I have decided to take this week off from blogging and handwork because when I do either one I feel a little twinge of pain in my elbow so this week I am going to completely rest it. Boring but I want to make sure it is completely well. My doctor still wants me to wear a wrist brace and the elbow brace when I am on the computer or stitching. So this is the last time I am going to mention my elbow on my blog anymore.
I will check my email so please feel free to leave a comment but I won't respond unless you have a question. Hopefully next week I can get back to what I like to do. Thanks again for all your good thoughts and prayers.
Before I close let me show you some things that have been going on with me.
I did this real quick embroidery on this towel. We are going to the Outer Banks in August and we are spending a night at my son's future in laws so I thought I would take them a little hospitality gift thanking them for letting us stay with them. They both love to garden so I thought I would get a pretty flower pot and add the towel and lots of other goodies for them both. We have already met them and they are some really sweet and down to earth people. You can get this pattern and their other free designs at
Bird Brain Designs. They are doing one each month. The July one is really cute.
More signature blocks!

I just had to show you these bats they we found hanging at the base of our garage in the middle of the day. One was on the ground and my daughter picked it up and hung it on the wall with the others. It is a mystery to us why they were there. We haven't seen them again except maybe at night catching bugs which is a very good thing.
Cone flowers and lavender in my garden.
My first time growing zucchini. The flower looks like a starfish to me.

Look what I got in the mail the other day from
Bunny Hill Designs. Some of the embroidery floss that is all the rage right now. I can't wait to try it out. It is the new Cosmo floss from Japan. I also got some antique white rick rack.

Here is a pink hibiscus that my son got for me on Mother's Day. It is still blooming.

With Passion, Carrie P.
Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
35 comments:
Although painful, cortisone shots work wonders. I think it's a good idea to rest for a week and see how it goes. Now is the time to catch up on your reading, looking over patterns and browse through quilting magazines.
I tried to find some of that floss at the Vermont Quilt Festival but none of the vendors had it. Maybe that's a good thing because I spent waaaay too much money. I certainly did my part to help the economy!
Take care of yourself!
I'm so glad your elbow is feeling much better, resting it is such a good idea.
Weird about the bats, I don't know where ours hang out at, probably at the grainery.
The towel is just lovely, I'm sure they will love all your little gifties.
Crispy
wow - 98% better? good for you! and wow, too, on your daughter picking up a bat! aaack! she is a braver woman than i am!
I know how you feel, I've had elbow, shoulder and wrist probs for years and cortisone didn't help at all...
Cute bats - I love bats!!
Poor elbow. I'm glad the shot worked. Your towel is so sweet. A cute freebie. Love the photo of the zucchini flower. They are beautiful.
Carrie get better real soon.
You know I just love that towel and the plants. Maybe you can catch up on some reading. (Not quilting reading though LOL)
I used to get cortisone shots on my shoulder. I feel your pain.
Glad the shot did the trick. Rest up and get 100%!
Elbow be healed! Cute hospitality gift idea. Now I'm totally ick-ed out about your daughter touching a bat. Bats creep me out.
I'm glad you're doing better, I've been praying for your health to return. Looks like it will take time, its hard to be patient, I know. Of course I loved the STRAWBERRY towel that you did and all the other goodies. I never knew that you could hang a bat back up, I can't even imagine touching one! ;(
I was going to comment on the lovely towel but got sidetracked by the bats. I cannot believe she picked one up and put it back. I would have either fainted there on the spot and somebody would have had to pick me up or I would have ran to another state. LOL!
My SIL had a shot in her big toe .... she has been walking pain free for almost 3 yrs. now. So, take a rest and then you will see a huge difference.
I have rheumatoid arthritis, and I can tell you that I LOVE cortisone shots. They are great. If you feel good now, wait a day or two and it gets better. Or it always has for me.
Have a great day.
"Rabid bats may show abnormal behavior, such as outdoor activity during daylight; rabid bats may be grounded or paralyzed, or they may bite a person or animal. Not all rabid bats act abnormally, but bats that do act abnormally are more likely to have rabies."
Please be aware that a bat on the ground is unusual behavior, and should not be handled.
It is so cute that your daughter picked up the bat and hung it with the others....and I love those strawberries...so sweet...no pun intended!!
Take Care and look after yourself. I just love those strawberries. Your Photography is wonderful too. Thankyou for sharing with us.
Cheers
Lynne
I hope this treatment works!! I love the strawberries...so cute!
I had that shot twice in my hip, and boy they hurt, I am so glad it is working for you, enjoy your time off, watch a lot of movies and eat junk food!!
I can't believe you still have such a great post with an injury like you have...I'm glad you're feeling better and recovery is on the way. I hope it has not been too discouraging.
Bats!
Hope that shot really did the trick! I ordered some of that floss also but haven't tried it out yet! I keep reading that it's absolutely wonderful to stitch with!
Glad you are doing better. Definitely follow the doctors orders on holding off doing anything.
Good news that you have some relief at last. I had a fruit bat circling in our bedroom one night and that's all I'll say on it. Lovely photos.
Carrie, I pray this shot will be the cure. I have had them in my knee, they are not fun.
Love the strawberry towel and it will be a so cute in a pot with goodies.
Rest up and get well,
Bonnie
Great news to know the pain is subsiding....as always love all your projects..take care and don't be away too long..
I'm glad you are feeling better, I'll be praying for you, you are such a caring, loving person. The flowers are beautiful and the purchase from Bunny Hill is lovely!
I hope you are on the mend. I'm so sorry this has been dragging on. The strawberry is so so sweet. As are the flowers. Get better!!
I have gotten them in my wrist. OUCH! Glad you are feeling better.
Oh! I hope the shot works. I've only heard good things abou tit. Take your time and get 100%
:-)
LOVE your yard and garden things. The future inlaws sound lovely.. and you are so nice to make such a wonderful gift.
Oh Anonymous is so right! I freaked out when I read that she picked it up. I hope she is OK!
I'm cheering you and your elbow on.....your litte embroidered towel is just so sweet looking...reminds me of vintage!
I'm so happy to hear that your elbow is feeling better after the cortisone. Hopefully with the additional rest you're taking, it will start feeling like normal soon!
That is an adorable dishtowel. I checked out the link, and am blown away by the designs they're offering. I may have to add those to my to-do list! Thanks so much for sharing. You'll definitely need to write about the Cosmo thread after you have a chance to try it out too.
Hope you have a wonderful, restful week! :)
Carrie,
I am wishing you a speedy recovery. There's nothing more depressing than pain hindering your passion! Rest that baby and come back strong.
Hugs,
Deb
Rustic Country Handcrafts
Hope your elbow settles down now you have had the injection! What a pity all your favourite past times involve repetitive movements. I have had to move away from hand quilting for the same reason. Take care!
Hope you are feeling all better soon and that you'll be up to enjoying some fun in the garden before it goes back t sleep. Summer is so short and after waiting so long for it, boy does it sound like a real bummer to have a bad elbow. The good thing about quilting and crafting is that it gives us a wonderful reason to celebrate the rainy days and stormy nights... so you'll have plenty of that come Fall and Winter. Now hurry and heal that elbow so you can get out and play!
Oh, and I LOVE your garden pics. woo-hoo. Green thumb alert!
carrie.. so glad you are going to rest that elbow..you will be more productive and enjoy the process if there is no pain.
I love bats and it is a great compliment and trusting that they would just sleep there in the open.
Your flowers are beautiful and so is the floss/rickrack..more to only tempt you I am sure...
I see someone already cautioned you about bats. Go Postal has had a lot at his cabin and yes they are great at eating mosquitos so I love them but please be careful they do often carry rabies. If the Cortisone shot hurt I can't imagine the rabies shots. Take care and hope the rest does the trick!!
Post a Comment