Monday, September 28, 2009

Block Swaps

As many of you know I am participating in a few block swaps. I have just finished all my blocks for the red and aqua swap that is hosted by Jane. I will be putting my blocks in the mail soon. I can't wait to see the blocks I get back.

I am also participating in the the civil war signature block swap that Melissa is hosting. I sent my blocks already and can you believe I forgot to take a picture? Two of my blogging buddies who are not in this swap decided to send me a block. This first one came from Stephanie right after I signed up for the swap. I was going to wait and share her block with you when I got my other blocks but...
then this past week I got another block from Cathi. It was a sweet surprise from them both. Thanks so much Stephanie and Cathi for sending me the blocks
And you all know about the International signature blocks I am exchanging. Here are the newest ones. I do not know how many I have at this point. I will count them at the beginning of the new year and decide if I will continue with this swap. Aren't they all great?
With Passion,
Carrie P.

Turn you face to the sun and all shadows fall behind you. Maori Proverb

15 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love those aquas and reds. You're going to have some great quilts to make with your signature blocks.

Allie said...

It's going to be a lot of fun to see the quilts made with those aqua and red blocks! I love the signature blocks, and especially the international ones - that sailboat block is fabulous!

Karen said...

Lovely blocks! And, the signature ones are also great.

Kim D. said...

I love those red and aqua blocks together. After I saw Ryan's quilt at "I'm just a guy who quilts", now I want to make one also. Lovely signature blocks as well. Looking forward to seeing what you get back in the swaps.

Karen said...

I think the signature blocks with the extra designs on them are very interesting. I did signature block swaps several years ago and no one was doing anything like that.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh what a great pile of yummy red and aqua. I am slowly getting my siggies done too!
Swaps are such fun!!!

Kaaren said...

Great minds, etc., Carrie. I just sent off my red and aqua blocks this morning...and I forgot to take a picture! I was so happy to have finished them and take them to the post office, photographing them never even entered my mind.

Betsy said...

I too am looking forward to seeing the agua and reds. What are your plans for them and will you be making a wall hanging of sometype with the signature blocks?

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie!
Cathi sent me one too! :-) I have a little note on my side bar in hopes that other favorite blog friends who didn't do the swap will send me theirs for my quilt anyway. You are in quite a few swaps...good ones too!

Candace said...

Great blocks, Carrie! I can't wait until I can get back to swapping again!
Cheers!

Janet said...

I'm going to enjoy seeing what comes from the red and aqua swap blocks. I love the siggy blocks, they're so simple but make great quilts.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Red and aqua is one of my current favourite combinations! You are certainly getting a collection of signature blocks - must be fun receiving them from all over the world.

Crispy said...

Love the blocks Carrie. Swaps can be a lot of fun.

Crispy

MichelleB said...

I love your aqua and red blocks! This will be so much fun when we get them back.

Robin said...

The aqua and red swap sounds like fun-- they are such great colors together, it will be cool to see what you get! The signature blocks are really neat too-- they are all so different, and so personal.