Friday, September 11, 2009

Pattern Tester

I had the privilege of testing a pattern for designer Stephanie of Loft Creations. I let my daughter pick out the fabrics since the bag was going to be hers when I finished it. This one is called Prickly Pear and my daughter and I are both pleased at well it turned out. She has carried it around already and has gotten lots of great compliments. Everyone loves the touch of rick rack. We do too. Great design, Stephanie!

With Passion,
Carrie P.

Life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be. Grandma Moses

25 comments:

Crispy said...

Ooooo cute bag, love the fabrics!!

Crispy

Rumi said...

It turned out lovely Carrie! The fabric choices are so pretty!

Janet said...

What a pretty bag! I agree - the rick rack is perfect. Are you going to make one for yourself now? :0)

Kaaren said...

Love your version of Stephanie's design. Amy Butler fabrics are waaaay cool!

Lynn said...

So pretty - love the fabrics your daughter choose out.

Karen said...

Very cute! I wonder if my daughters would like this pattern.

Purple and Paisley said...

you did such a great job on the bag! so nice that your daughter loves it! ☺ p.s. your daughter looks like a tree? lol!

Salem Stitcher said...

Cute bag!

Latane Barton said...

That is a lovely bag. My compliments to the designer and maker.

Karen said...

Very cute! Lovely fabric.

Allie said...

That is darling!

Candace said...

Welcome to the Supreme's, Carrie! Love your bag!
Cheers!

Sewglenda said...

thank you so much for your blog! It inspires me so much!

Deb said...

Such a yummy bag Carrie, I bet your daughter loves it.

The Rabbit Factory said...

So cute...love the fabric choice! You daughter has great taste!

antique quilter said...

adorable
my girls would love this too, so would I!
Kathie

Dorothy said...

Cute bag, Carrie. The fabrics your daughter chose are lovely.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great bag! Nice pattern from Stephanie plus sewing and fabric selection by you!

Janet said...

It's gorgeous and your Daughter did a good job on the fabric choices. Love the ric rac that finishes it off.

Anonymous said...

I agree...rick rack looks wonderful on it....nice touch!!

Wendy said...

Very hip looking bag.

Kim D. said...

Oh I love the purse and your fabrics are beautiful. Love the rick rack too.

Abby and Stephanie said...

LOVE your Amy version. And I LOVE my Supremes!

Anonymous said...

Terrific fabric choice for such a sweet pattern.

Robin said...

Such a cute bag! The rick rack really does just give it that something more. :)