Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pink and Purple

I finally finished another Aunt Millie's Garden block. It is pink and one of my favorites that I have done so far.
More pink! Stephanie send me two copies of her new bag patterns and some pink Flea Market Fancy fabrics tied up in pink vintage rick rack. It was fun being a pattern tester and if you like this pattern go on over to Stephanie's and check out all her great patterns. Thank you Stephanie for the unexpected surprise!
Take a look at this beautiful block. Mandy (no blog) has sent me a picture of her third AMG block that she has finished. Great job, Mandy! Thanks for sharing and keep sending your pictures as you get the blocks done.
With Passion,
Carrie P.

Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

26 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Those Aunt Millie's blocks are so striking on the dark backgrounds. How many more blocks do you have left?

Loralynn said...

You did a lovely job on your block! The flower really pops against that background. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Drool...simply drooling.

Kaaren said...

Oh Mary, you're drooling all over me. I'm right below you. I hope that my drool doesn't drip on the person below me cuz I too am drooling over Carrie's latest AMG block.

Love the colors, Carrie! Mandy's too!

Crispy said...

Oh Carrie that is BEAUTIFUL!! Sometimes I really regret not using red for my background.

Crispy

Janet said...

Your AMG block turned out beautiful. What a fun surprise!

Karen said...

The pink and red look wonderful together in your Aunt Millie block and Mandy's block is also wonderful!

Lynn said...

I love the red background on your block. Mandy's block is beautiful - that tulip fabric just gorgeous

Allie said...

Those blocks are so pretty! And ooh pink FMF! Lucky you!

Betsy said...

Carrie both blocks are beautiful.

Latane Barton said...

love the block!!

Miriam said...

Ohh I love your Aunt Millies pink block, Carrie!!!

Stephanie's bag is is cute!!.

Mandy's block is gorgeous too! I love the fabrics Mandy has used in her flowers.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Carrie your block is awesome...and congrats to Mandy her block is just so lovely.

Annette said...

Your Aunt Millie block is gorgeous!! You do such beautiful work.

Dawn said...

Your aunt Millie block is beautiful!! It's hard to believe it's fabric.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your pink block is incredible Carrie!!

mbroider said...

The pink block looks very good!!

Purple Pam said...

Your block is absolutely gorgeous! I am not looking forward to that block again. I did it once for one of the other Piece O Cake quilts.

Mandy's block is gorgeous in purple, too.

ranette said...

Love both of the AMG blocks....I need to get going on that quilt. Maybe this Winter I'll get back to it.

Stephanie Hughes said...

Carrie, These are gorgeous! I absolutely love them. Thanks for sharing! ~ Stephanie from Maryland

Sherri said...

I love both blocks...yours and your friends! The red background just seems to make the colors even more vibrant!

Candace said...

Wow - I see why this AMG is your favorite, Carrie! Mandy's is goreous, too!
Cheers!

Jodi Nelson said...

Aunt Millies Garden block is beautiful!

Deb said...

Carrie.. it looks so real what a lovely job on your AMG I also love when you post what others are doing with their blocks it is such great incentive

Dawn Heese said...

Gorgeous Blocks!!

Robin said...

Oh, my! Gorgeous blocks! You and Mandy both do such beautiful work. The fabrics you received are lovely (the pattern really looks like a fun design too!).