Friday, September 11, 2009

What's on Your Design Wall?

A week ago I was reading Crispy's blog and she showed a picture of her design wall. I discovered that I was not the only one that has a design wall full of projects. My design wall is just some flannel sewn together and stapled to some molding to match the molding in the room. It works great and I usually don't have to pin the pieces to the flannel. So do you have a design wall that is full of projects?
With Passion,
Carrie P.

A multitude of small delights constitute happiness. Charles Baudelaire

20 comments:

Loralynn said...

I absolutely love your design wall! How neat that you hung some mini quilts above to make it look almost like a shelf! I wish I had the room to do something like this. At least I am semi-organized and have my different projects in large bags to keep them together! That's a huge step forward for my disorganized self!

Anonymous said...

I don't really have a design wall...I use the floor...it is fun to see what is on other's walls.

Crispy said...

How fun to see your cluttered design wall too. I recognize your stitchery projects...what is the little dress for?

Crispy

MichelleB said...

Yes, yes I do. My wall is not nearly as big as yours - which is probably a good thing!

Sherri said...

What a great idea for a design wall Carrie! I don't really have one...but do have a plan. After the holidays I'm going to re-do the sewing room (paint, flooring, etc.) and I'll put a design wall up then!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I need a design wall! Other than my bed!

Allie said...

How pretty! I have some flannel pinned to the wall - I used to have one made of fiberboard covered in flannel, but I really don't have room for it. This way I can move some pictures when I need it up. It isn't big enough for a bunch of projects though, I have one quilt on it and it's not big enough, lol.

Fiber Babble said...

I have an "official" design wall made of 3/4" rigid foam insulation covered with felt. Currently it has my Quilter's Blessings stitcheries, Gail Pan's "Merry Christmas" stitchery, a multi-year old portrait quilt, and various notes & selvages pinned to it.

This is a VERY unusual occurrence - it's usually jammed with all kinds of ongoing projects (much messier than yours!) but I needed to clear of a fairly large space to hang a quilt to be photographed.

When I return from vacation, I'm sure it will get loaded up in a hurry!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

So far I have been disciplined to not start something new until I finish what I'm working on. But I can see I will be straying from that soon.
Love your design wall.

M and M plus 3 said...

I don't have a design wall but I love yours. Hmmm, maybe I can get DH to look at yours to get something going for mine. I've cluttered my floor this past week with Gail Pan's same project, my Vintage Valentine blocks and a baby quilt for my DH's work.

Thanks for sharing your picture. I was glad it was large enough for me to peek at what your working on. Lol, makes me feel like a little mouse.LOl.

Mandy

Anonymous said...

I was just talking to my friend about making design walls. I would love to have one with all those goodies you have on yours, lol. :o)

Rumi said...

I need to reclaim my design wall! Right now it is looking like a bulletin board with all manner of stuff on it!
My design wall is foam board that I purchased at the hardware store. Covered it with flannel and attached to my sewing room wall.

Kim D. said...

Yes, I have a makeshift design wall similar to yours. Looks like you have some nice projects going there.

Kaaren said...

Gee, Carrie, I wish I had room in my studio for a design wall. The way I have everything placed leaves no room so I have to use the floor.

I love yours though because everything is there right before your eyes.

Rose Marie said...

Gosh ... just one design wall? Let's see .... I have a full size folding styrofoam design wall (in our bedroom) that has 2 patterns pinned to each side (front & back); another one in my studio and another styrofoam design wall in the TV room with one pattern pinned on. Ummmmm .... your question made me see that I have too much going on at the same time! :o) Mind you, I'm not bored!!

Candace said...

How fun to see what's on your design wall, Carrie! I wish I had room for one here - but will definitely have room for one at the Squash House. Right now I use our bed - and if I'm lucky, the cat won't jump on top of things as soon as I lay them out - LOL!
Cheers!

FlourishingPalms said...

Love seeing your design wall. What a relief to know I'm not the only frantic quilter who can't - doesn't want to! - stick to one project. It's quite refreshing to know you and I are cut from the same cloth!

Frou said...

Love the design wall...very interested in the aqua and dotty half square triangles... looks interesting!

Karen said...

Sadly, I don't have any available wall to have a design wall. :( I do have a 30" x 38" design board that I can move around. Right now my Tiny Baskets are on it.

Robin said...

I really like the idea of using matching molding. Nice! I don't have a design wall... it's on the list. :P I sometimes use a piece of fleece and throw it over my door or a piece of foamboard-- not the the ideal solution, but it works in a pinch.