Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas gift!

Well, I had a little interruption in my tutorial. One of my daughter's classes for the fall was finished and she had a day off so we spent it together. We took the day to go shopping and just enjoyed the day together. Today will be another busy day. Tomorrow will be filled up too so maybe I can get back to working on the tutorial on Sunday. I know some of you are interested and I will tell you it has to do with an applique technique.
I did want to share with you this Christmas surprise gift I received in the mail this week. A very sweet surprise from Cindy. On the outside is a little bag of red and green buttons, a little kit to make a yo yo ornament, and...
this ornament that Cindy made on one of her embroidery machines. I just think it is so pretty.
And take a look at what was inside the wrapping! This panel with these sweet little dresses and some yardage to go with it. It is going to make the cutest quilt.
Thank you so much Cindy for blessing me with this fantastic Christmas surprise! I love it all!

With Passion,
Carrie P.

Keeping Christmas is good but sharing it with others is even better.

19 comments:

Lynn said...

That's is the cutest panel. So many possibilites with it. Can't wait to see what it becomes.

Unknown said...

How sweet!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh you received some really nice things, enjoy your time with your daughter.

Jocelyn said...

Wow! What a beautiful gift! The panel is so darling.

Kaaren said...

Awesome goodies from Cindy. Now I can't wait to see what you do with them!

Enjoy the time with your daughter. It makes the holidays that much more special.

Allie said...

Oh Carrie what a lovely interruption! How nice to spend the day together.
That's a wonderful gift you recieved! Love the icicle, and that panel is too darling for words!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Beautiful ornament. How nice you could spend a quiet day with your daughter before the bustle of holiday madness.

Rae Ann said...

What a fun gift surprise. I love the ornament.
Shopping days with a daughter are the best! How fun for you!

Cindy said...

So happy that I was able to interrupt your day.

Have a beautiful day smiling with your daughter.

Crispy said...

What a wonderful day you had, a day with your daughter and gifties in the mail....lucky lady :0)

Crispy

Anonymous said...

Cindy is a sweetie and your gifts lovely.

Miriam said...

Mother and daughter days are wonderful!

I love the machine embroidered ornament.

What a lovely gift!

Robin said...

How wonderful to get to spend a day hanging out with your daughter! :) And such treats in the mail from Cindy, too. That little dress panel is very cute. I'm looking forward to the tutorial! :)

WoolenSails said...

What nice gifts and that panel is really fun.
I would like to do embroidered ornaments, now if I can just get the time to learn how to use my machine.

Debbie

Betsy said...

great gift from Cindy. Enjoy

Karen said...

What a great opportunity to spend some bonding time with your daughter! I just brought my daughter home yesterday and I'm looking forward to having her home for the next month!
You have some wonderful gifts from Cindy. The ornament is very cute! Happy Holidays!! :o)

Annette said...

Awesome surprises!! What a wonderful way to spend a day...just you and your daughter and shopping.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

What sweet gifts from Cindy! Enjoy!

Janet said...

The gifts are great and how lovely you got to spend a great day with your daughter amongst the rush.