Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

During the Christmas holiday season I have been working on my first knitting project...
on hand quilting...
on some embroidery...
and a needle punch project.
I wish you all the best for the new year. May your troubles be few, may you keep all your resolutions and may it be a prosperous new year in all ways. Blessings to you all! Thank you for making my first year blogging a very fun one.
With Passion,
Carrie P.

"Glory to God in the highest heaven, who onto man his son hath given. While angels sing a tender mirth, a glad new year to all on earth." Martin Luther

ps. I was asked about the iron on interfacing for the coloring technique I have on my sidebar. I do not preshrink the interfacing. I think if you tried to wash the interfacing before you used it you would lose the ability to iron it to your fabric. I do not know if it is woven or non woven interfacing. I just buy the very lightest weight iron on interfacing I can find. Hope that answers your question.

34 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your projects cover the whole stitching spectrum Carrie! Happy New Year!

Juliann said...

Fun projects - I love knitting, have just rediscovered it as a matter of fact. enJOY!

Carin said...

Happy New Year to you too!

Days and colors said...

Enjoy working on your lovely projects! And a very happy New Year to you, too!

antique quilter said...

isn't it nice to have a variety of projects going?
ah knitting I have been thinking about it
too. happy new year!
Kathie

Jocelyn said...

Wishing you a very wonderful day and a Happy New Year too!

Cindy said...

And don't forget to rest in 2010. LOL

Happy New Year's Day.

FlourishingPalms said...

Knitting, hand-quilting, embroidery, needlepunch... I think you might want to change your blog's name! (Just kidding, of course.) I love knowing someone who is as attracted to various forms of needle-and-thread projects, as I am. May your 2010 interests continue to be varied, and full of fun.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Happy New Year to my multi-talented friend. You have so much creativity to share. I love seeing your projects.

Marj said...

Looks like you have been very busy this Holiday Season! Happy New Year!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You have been busy Carrie....Happy New Year to you and your family..I hope 2010 is an awesome year for you.

KaHolly said...

It's so affirming to know I'm not the only one with multiple projects underway at any given time! And thank goodness for that as I just spent 20 hours stranded at the airport! I was prepared and able to keep my little hands busy. Your projects look beautiful! Happy New Year! You are off with a running start.Have fun. -karen

Loralynn said...

Great projects! Here's wishing you and your's a wonderful 2010!

Kaaren said...

Did you get any sleep between projects, Carrie?

All of them look wonderful. I sometimes wish that I could work on many different things at once but then I'm adraid that I'll never get any one of them finished.

Happy stitching!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Happy New Year to you too! Wow, you are really learing and looks like having fun with new projects and ideas!!

Karen said...

Looks like you've been busy in several different areas - I've been dabbling in the knitting area myself. Sometimes I actually enjoy it, lol.

Happy New Year - karen

Allie said...

My goodness Carrie you are a busy bee - your projects look wonderful! I was checking out needlepunch supplies today. Happy New Year, sweetie!

Pat said...

Happy New Year Carrrie!

Miriam said...

Wow!! You have been very busy Carrie! So much variety too.

I hope 2010 is a great year for you and your family!!

Happy creating!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

OH MY GOODNESS--you are off and running in this New Year already!!!!
Love all the projects you have started--I did finish off a knitting project yesterday and today I got a new bom ready to stitch and the first friday freebie ready to embroider!!!
Hugs, Di

Danielle said...

Happy New Year! Love the projects you are working on... very pretty. The colors in the needlepunch are beautiful!

Salem Stitcher said...

Happy New Year Carrie!

Janet said...

Wow your first knitting! Do you like it? You have some fun things on the go here. I love the look of the needlepunch, something I'd like to try this year. I hope you enjoy the next year of blogging.

Crispy said...

You had such a nice variety of things to work on over the holidays.

Happy New Year to you too.

Crispy

stitchin' girl said...

I can't wait to see your projects finished!! Happy New Year and thanks for you blog - it always makes me happy to read it.

Kim D. said...

Wow, you've been very busy.. Love to see your fabulous projects.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you, Carrie. Love that Luther quote.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

How clever you are to needlepunch - your project looks lovely so far. What will it be, I wonder?
Your husband did a beautiful job on your wooden bowl!

Purple Pam said...

What a great way to start the new year! You have covered all my favorite crafts plus more!

What wonderful gifts/prizes you received. I especially like the wooden bowl your husband made.

Beth Karese said...

Great crafts, Carrie. Your first knitting project? I learned the basic knitting stitches when I was young, but never really made anything. I'm looking forward to having my mom teach me how to knit something real. However, I need to wait until May when she returns from her Florida "migration". lol. It'll be good mother-daughter time. The yarn is such a pretty soft gray. What are you making?

Robin said...

Whew! It looks like you've definitely been keeping yourself busy! :) May your new year be full of joy and many blessings (and lots of fun crafting!)!

mbroider said...

Happy New Year, Carrie!! All your WIP projects are so welcoming...

Is there any tutorial(s) you recommend for hand quilting??

Susan said...

Happy New Year, Carrie. I envy your projects especially the knitting--I want to learn too. Also, happy blogging anniversary and to many more:-)

Nanette Merrill said...

I love that oatmealy linen color of the yarn. It is always fun to pick up new skills.