This first photo is a top that I finished last year. So I made the back and I will be taking it to a longarm quilter tomorrow.
Some of you might remember the Orange Pile Challenge that Pat Sloan had last year. I had made the blocks. I have sewn the blocks together and will work on the border next.
It sure is not the way I want my year to start out but I will just take it easy. I will try to keep up with your blogs but probably will not comment on too many because typing aggravates the elbow too. UGH! I guess I am done being pitiful.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
Winter is the season in which people try to keep the house as warm as it was in the summer, when they complained about the heat. ~Author Unknown
42 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear that your tendonitis has returned. How frustrating that must be for you. Maybe if you caught it in time this time around maybe the healing time won't be as long? I sure hope so. {{{HUGS}}}
Awww, I'm sorry your elbow is giving you hassels. Hopefully resting it will help. I think it's great to start the new year getting some UFOs finished.
We all need a little pity some times, and if no one else will give you some sympathy, give it to yourself.
Bummer Carrie! Rest well and know we'll all be here whenever you return. :o)
I hope you elbow is feeling better real soon, rest it as long as you can stand it so you won't have to have another shot. It will be good to have a finished quilt soon from the longarm quilter. Hugs,happy quilting!
Not good. Not good! That elbow has to get back in shape and fast! I think cold weather adds to the misery, too. I like your quote at the bottom of you blog post today!
Your applique flowers are oh so sweet. I hope you can get back to doing some applique soon.
Partying for pity is only good for a few hours. It feels good to do, but it can't last forever. So maybe you can catch up on some reading, or some movies you've wanted to see. Go see Avatar in 3D; I HIGHLY recommend it. I'll be praying for your arm, for rest and quick healing. Blessings.
I could imagine your frustration of not being able to do what your brain is telling you...STITCH! Just take it easy and I believe we all understand perfectly if you don't respond to our comments. We will wait for your mend and look forward to your next project.
Carrie P you must be so disappointed! I'm sorry to hear about your tendonitis. I hope it heals soon! Your projects are wonderful as always. It will be lovely to have your beautiful applique quilt quilted.
Sorry to hear about your elbow. Not being able to stitch or type would make me feel sorry for myself too! Those are the only 2 things I've done for the last 10 days. The weather here is cold and snowy and it just makes me want to hibernate. I think the cold makes things hurt more too. Rest is a very good cure for some things. Take care. You are in my prayers.
Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that the tendonitis is acting up again. :( Hopefully, taking it easy for a few days will help everything get back on track. It looks like you're still managing to keep yourself pretty busy. Take care of yourself!
Take care and I hope your elbow is feeling better. I am sure this cold is not helping either.
Love both your UFO's! Maybe the bright side is that you were able to get them out?
Sweetheart, I am so sad for you that this has flared again. {{{hugs}}} Be very careful that you don't cause another problem with the left hand by having it compensate for your right side. I am now experiencing a similar issue with my left hand - now I'm having problems with both hands due to to over compensating.
Rest, recover. Praying for you, hugs,
Jenny
That's terrible about the elbow. Hope it eases up soon!
Oh no, oh no - not again!!! Rest it and hopefully you'll be back soon. I'll wait right here. :-)
Darn, Carrie, so sorry. Well, just keep reading the other blogs, enjoy all the photos and let that elbow rest.
We'll all be here when you feel up to it. Meanwhile - we'll sew for you!!
It's okay to have a pity party Carrie.. I understand completely, I had a problem with my hand a few years ago and couldn't use the computer. It sure puts a damper on things. I hope it heals soon, so you can get back to the computer. Lovely projects!!
I love "pity parties" I could host one everyday!!
I am so sorry it started to hurt again, I learned a few yeras ago to use my left hand for the mouse and now I cannot use my right, it does help quite a bit! Maybe you should read and watch movies for a week or so. feel better!
So sorry your elbow is causing you trouble again. I hope you feel better very soon!
Wishing you a speedy recovery! Take care.
I hope you arm feels better soon. I over did it with mine too, so have been wearing an elbow and hand brace, which really helps. I also switch around with projects, to avoid repetitive use.
Debbie
Oh my dear Carrie - I sure can relate this - be sure to put your bright, colorful, comfy party pants on too, ok? I keep mine on all the time, lol.
Do you use Google Reader? I do, and someone commented that I could scroll through the posts with just my space bar. It WORKS and it's fabulous. I use my left hand to read all my blogs. Not sure I could switch the mouse, you must be terribly talented, lol! I'm saying some prayers for you, dear one.
So sorry to hear this, Carrie. I, too, know the pain of tendonitis. I pray that it will heal soon. ((Hugs))
Aw man. I hate that for you! Definitely not the way to start off the new year. Hopefully it will get better soon.
Oh, you poor thing! Take care and be careful!
Ouch Carrie, you make sure you look after yourself. I would hate for things to get worse for you but I know that you are sensible.
rest, rest, rest as frustrating as it is!
hugs Deb
You have my sympathy, I hope it gets better fast. Your quilts are looking great, I like the orange one.
What a pain, literally, I'm sure. Rest up and we'll wait for you to return.
It's ok Carrie, you can be pitiful if you need to be. Not being able to sew let alone play on the computer is awful. Just rest, read a few good books and hopefully you will be up and sewing again soon.
:( I am so sorry your pain is back. I hope you feel better soon.
So sorry to hear about your elbow flairing up again. Hope it is on the mend soon!
Oh...hope this elbow problem clears up fast!!!
So sorry to hear that you have a punky elbow...that's really a nasty turn when there are quilts to make, stashes to tame, and creativity to flow!! Hope you are back to your ol' self really soon!
In stitches,
Teresa :o)
Bummer...I'll bet it won't hold you down long. Here's to a pain free new year!
Oh Carrie....I'm sorry and I do know how frustrating it can be to want to do something, but not be able to.
Keep your spirits up and I'm saying a prayer for you right now.
I will let you have a pity party. You deserve it. Now rest and get that elbow well so you can get back to what you love.
Having been through this on both elbows, I have much pity for you, Carrie! Do you think starting the knitting had anything to do with it - for me anytime I do something that requires even the tiniest of different muscle use I am sore! I hope you get to feeling better soon!
Cheers!
What a bummer! I hope your elbow feels better soon.
I am sorry your elbow is bothering you so much - no fun!! I love your quilts though!
hmmm...a bum elbow huh? That's a clear sign that now is NOT a good time for handwork! I agree with Linda, Avatar 3D is a must see! Isn't there a book you have been meaning to read, give your elbow the rest it needs, you'll be happy that you did, in the meantime, I'll be praying for its healing!
~Andrea
Tendonitus of the elbow is very painful. I found that wearing a "tennis elbow" bandage would rest my elbow(s) and allow me to continue what I was doing. You can find them in the Ace bandage aisle at a drug store.
I love the 'pity party'. We say 'you can visit pity city, but you can't choose to live there'. Love your blog.
Dear Carrie,
I hope your elbow feels better soon, and you won't be out of commission too long! Hope you have a great weekend.
Best wishes for speedy recovery.
Love Esther
Post a Comment