Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Another Year Older!


Yes, that is me. Another year older and wiser I hope. It is my birthday today and I have turned 53. I know some women don't like to tell their age but we all get older so why be afraid of telling. I thought I would show you what some special people sent me for this special day in my life.

My mom sent me this wall hanging she made using some preprinted fabric that speaks of daughters. She thinks she got the fabric when she went to the Houston Quilt Show. Check out the border fabric. It has little fairies on it. Thanks mom.

Stephanie over at Loft Creations sent me this sweet package.
Inside this lovely kitchen towel...
was a baggie filled with these buckles and these very cute blue buttons and a wooden Bingo game marker... (sorry blogger flipped it)
and these wooden spools. She knows how I buy them up every time I see them at antique stores.
She also made me one of her crochet dish rags that match my kitchen. Check out the sweet bluebird stamp. A friend of Stephanie's makes homemade soap which she also sent. The soap smells like almonds. Thank you so much for the very thoughtful gifts, Stephanie. You make me feel very special.
Mary of Quilt Hollow send this very special card that speaks of fabric and patchwork. Very sweet! Thanks for remembering my birthday, Mary.

As I sit here writing this post I am sitting at my table by the sliding glass door watching big snowflakes falling from the gray skies. It is not supposed to accumulate and I hope it doesn't because my applique bee is supposed to meet tomorrow.
If it is your birthday today I hope it is a good one for you too.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

Old age is always 15 years older than I am. Bernard Baruch

64 comments:

Loralynn said...

Let me be the first to wish you happy birthday on your blog! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARRIE!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Oh Happy Day! What a very special gift from your mom. Glad you like your goodies.

Lynn said...

Happy Birthday! What a wonderful gift from your Mom and she quilts too!! Do me a favor and keep the snow over there.

Dawn Heese said...

Happy Birthday Carrie! Today is my son's 16th.

Brandie said...

Happy B-day. What wonderful friends to send such nice gifts. Enjoy the day.

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday Carrie! Wishing you the happiest of days!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Kisses to you.
Aliete

StitchinByTheLake said...

Carrie I'm wishing you the most joyful of birthdays! I never mind telling my age either - it's part of God's plan after all. blessings, marlene

Stina Blomgren said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you... and in Swedish..
Grattis på födelsedagen!!!!! BIg hug to you... :o)
Lovely gifts so far.. hope you will have the most wonderful day!!

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday dear Carrie. I so didn't "catch on" quick enough which day was actually your special day - and that's what I hope for you "A Special Day" filled with lasting memories and smiles on the heart.

I am not one to fuss about how old I am, 55. It's just another year in my eyes and I am thankful to God for that year.

And I am thankful to God that I have met you through the world of blogging, Carrie. you are special and an applique talent.

God bless you.

Yvette said...

Happy Birthday!

I don't mind telling my age but my mother lies for me. She doesn't want people to know how old her her child is. LOL!!!!

Teresa Rawson said...

Happy, happy birthday!! Thank you for sharing it with us (and your lovely gifts!).

And thank you for sharing your age and being proud of it. I'll be fifty in December and have never minded sharing my age. I never really understood people being coy about that!!

We also have flakes falling here in Michigan today...sigh. It is pretty, but I am beginning to think about spring.

I hope your day continues to be wonderful!!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Karen said...

Happy Birthday! Can you hear me singing to you?

Do you use the wood spools for anything special?

Simone de Klerk said...

Hartelijk gefeliciteerd!!!

KQ Sue said...

Happy Birthday, Carrie!

Darlene said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! I hope your day is full everything that is YOU.

Janet said...

Happy Birthday!! Age doesn't bother me either and the older I get the more gifts I seem to get. lol What a nice variety of presents and friends you have. The wall hanging from your mom is really special. You are so lucky to have your mom in your life yet. I miss mine very much. I have a quilt she made me and I love it. Have a great day.

FlourishingPalms said...

Happy young birthday, Carrie! Fifty-three has barely started climbing the hill. Blessings for a wonderful day, though from all appearances, you've already had one!

Your mother's word fabric came from Block Party Studios located in Nevada, Iowa. They have some very lovely scriptures in print too.

Loris said...

What a sweet quilt from your mom. She must really like you :-) How wonderful that she shares in the love of making quilts with you.
The other treats sent are very cool. Nothing better than being reminded of how your friends know and cherish you.
Have a grand year 53!

KaHolly said...

Happy, happy birthday to you! 53 isn't so bad. I survived it! Take pleasure in all the lovely gifts you've received thus far, and have a wonderful birthday "week"! I have thoroughly enjoyed visiting your blog during this past year and look forward to more and more of your creative talents and heartwarming posts. ~karen

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Carrie!!! I just love the wall hanging your mom made. Isn't that the best!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you have gotten wonderfully spoiled.

Maxine said...

Happy Birthday from someone who has not reached old age yet. Yesterday, Feb. 23, was my 65th.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Happy Birthday Carrie, I am a year older than you, but not at all wiser! You are so blessed to still have your Mom, what a special gift. And such wonderful friends that also made your day fun.

Janet said...

Happy Birthday Carrie! What lovely gifts. What great spools! When I was little my mom would string wooden spools together and tie them to my highchair for me to play with - there are pictures of me drooling on the spools. :0)

marina said...

Best wishes for your birthday Carrie!
Can't wait to see your sweet nostalgia block finished.
cheers
Marina

Robin said...

Many happy birthday wishes to you, Carrie!!! :)

Latane Barton said...

Happy, happy birthday to you and many, many more.

Miriam said...

Happy Birthday, Carrie!!!

I love the wall hanging your Mom made for you.

I hope the snow stops falling so you get to your applique bee meeting. :)

Marie said...

Happy Birthday Carrie! My birthday is my happiest day of the year for me and it always has been. May yours be just as bright and happy.

Sheri Howard said...

I don't mind telling either because I worked darn hard to get to be this age! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Tudy said...

I wish you a very Happy Birthday.

Rae Ann said...

Love your post Carrie!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY one more time.
What sweet friends and neat gifts!
Have a great 53rd year.
I love being in my fifties!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

HAPPY Happy birthday to you--what lovely gifts--
Hugs, Di

Linda said...

Many Happy Returns Carrie.
Beautiful applique.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Happy, happy Birthday Carrie! I hope your day is/was lovely! You received some wonderful gifts and I've seen your name around blogland on some wins too! Enjoy!

mbroider said...

Happy Birthday Carrie!! Wishing you a great year ahead!!!

Enjoy
Sharmila

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Happy Birthday Carrie.....love all your prezzies....a good age I also turn 53 at the end of the year....

Allie said...

Happy Birthday dear Carrie - what lovely gifties - you deserve it all!

Purple Pam said...

Happy Birthday to you. Such lovely presents you received. Congratulations!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Happy birthday dear Carrie! May you be blessed with many more!!

Betsy said...

Carrie, Happy Birthday. I hope you had a blessed day.

Days and colors said...

Happy Birthday, Carrie! I hope you had a wonderful day with your family and dear friends. I wish you all possible good, health and happiness!

Chookyblue...... said...

Happy belated birthday......

Janet said...

Happy birthday again Carrie, we are the same number and it is only a number, lol. What lovely thoughtful gifts you've recieved.

Crispy said...

Happy belated birthday Carrie!!

Crispy

Carol said...

HAPPY! HAPPY! Birthday Carrie!

onlymehere said...

Happy birthday! I don't have a problem with admitting my age either. I turned 50 last fall and it didn't even phase me. I have friends who seem immobilized by the thought of turning 50 and I just laugh! It's a great stage of life, at least for me!

Judy H. said...

Happy happy!! Hope it was a great day, and that you're getting to your bee today.

MichelleB said...

Happy Birthday, my dear. I hope that you had a wonderful day.

Fiber Babble said...

Well, happy birthday to you! I'll make sure to make note for next year :-)

I'm sticking with "48" until it benefits me to change to a different age. Like discounts on my car insurance or at a restaurant... !

Talin's Corner said...

Happy Birthday. Enjoy all your thoughtful gifts. It's nice to be surrounded by those who appreciate the same things that you do. And kudos to you for announcing your age without fear.

Kim D. said...

Happy Birthday Carrie!! How sweet of your mom to send you that wall hanging. Love those beautiful sayings and well deserved. You received some beautiful things. Love the quote, don't we always think we're younger than we are?? LOL That age thing keeps creeping up on us.

Salem Stitcher said...

Happy Birthday (a day late)!

MamaT said...

Happy Birthday! the 24th is my grandson Timothy's birthday, too. He turned 5. And my good friend Brooke had her second baby girl yesterday! You're in good company.

WoolenSails said...

Happy Birthday!
What wonderful gifts from your friends and I love the quilt your mom made. I have never seen that, but would be nice to use for my daughter, will have to look for it.

Debbie

Pokey said...

Well, Happy Birthday from another '57 girl, yes, we 'girls' must stick together! (and I don't if I'm as brave as you to say my age out there--oops!)
:-} pokey

Gladys said...

Hola, Carrie!!! Muy Feliz Cumpleaños!!! Yo también cumplí años el 24 de Febrero, pero fueron mis primeros 45!!! Jajaja!! Como ahora descubre que es pisciana, entiendo su pasión por lo que hace que es parecida a la que ha nacido en mí hace sólo 10 meses!!! Que se cumplan todos sus sueños y que hayamos iniciado ambas un año maravilloso y mágico! Un abrazo!!! Muchos BESOTES (son besos grandes y es mi marca registrada)!!!

Rumi said...

Happy (belated) birthday! Your gifts are wonderful!

Dorothy said...

Happy belated birthday Carrie. The gifts you received are all wonderful and well deserved.

Mel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wonderful gifties!

ranette said...

Sorry to be late Carrie, but I wanted to wish you a very Happy Belated Birthday (I always celebrate for several weeks or a month anyway...lol)It sounds like it was a great day for you and the gifts are awesome! Enjoy!

Nanette Merrill said...

Belated birthday wishes. Please tell me where the towel came from? Anthropologie?? I must have one.

Susan said...

Happy Birthday dear Carrie, happy birthday to you! Please tell me you're still celebrating! Sorry I'm late...catching up and just had to send my best wishes.