Thursday, March 18, 2010

Stringy Pot Holders

More string things. I made some pot holders for my future DIL and ...
my daughter. Both girls love the ocean.
For "Marcab77" and "crmanina", you can go to this site to get all the directions for the spider web string quilt done by Bonnie Hunter. Have fun!

With Passion,
Carrie P.

The Sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. Jacques Cousteau

23 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

love them. so cute.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Lucky girls. Very cute potholders.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Pot holders are great gifts and yours are really too cute to use---but they are going to be great gifts---you are really "rollin" along there!!!
Hugs, DI

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love these, saw some similarly done with selvages. Well done!!

Jocelyn said...

Very cute. Very well done!

Anonymous said...

Carrie...these are wonderful! What did you use inside? I mean, will they burn hands?

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Very cute Carrie....

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh those are so cute, they will not want to use them. Thanks for the link, I will check it out!!

Kaaren said...

Very cool potholders. Lucky gals!

Allie said...

Oh so darling - I love that fabric! They're going to love them!

Yvette said...

Those are great!

Loralynn said...

They turned out great!

Rita said...

well, gosh, many thanks for the 'heads up' on where to find the spider web string pattern. i appreciate it very much! beautiful potholders -- i can smell the ocean breeze from here in AZ.
rita

Janet said...

Very nice! I like the mermaid fabric. :0)

Kim D. said...

Adorable Carrie, I'm sure the girls will love them. I have some of that mermaid fabric too. I thought maybe that was Bonnie Hunters Spiderweb pattern.

Betsy said...

Carrie those are adorable. I love the fabrics you choose

Crispy said...

Very nice Carrie, you certainly have been bit by the String bug LOL. How big did you make these?

Crispy

Cindy said...

And both girls are lucky to have you in their lives.

You're a blessing to so many, Carrie.

Diane said...

these are adorable! lvoe the fabrics you have paired with the HR fabrics.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Adorable potholders Carrie! I would treasure them and not use them as that fabric is so cute!!

KaHolly said...

String piecing is a little on the addictive side!! The pot holders are precious. The girls will be delighted with your thoughtfulness and talents! Encouraged by your e-mails, this morning I posted about something I made. Stop by for a visit! ~karen

Days and colors said...

Great potholders! I love the fabric with mermaids!

Robin said...

Those potholders are so fancy compared to anything in my kitchen. How wonderful! I think the girls will love them.:)