Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Applique Group

One of my applique groups met last week so I thought I would take a couple of posts to share what the ladies have been working on. Some really great things. Today I will show you the quilts.
This quilts is embroidery and it was done by one of the owners of the shop. I just had to share it with you. It is called Flights of Fancy from Crabapple Hill.
Here is a close up of one of my favorite blocks.



I just wanted to share with you the news about one of the blogs I read. Cathi of Shakerwoods Primitives has opened up a web shop. I am so excited for her. She hand dyes wools and they are very pretty. The shop is just opening so she has more to add to it but go by and wish her great success.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

May all your ups and downs in life be with a needle and thread.

20 comments:

Yvette said...

Thank you for sharing! I love them all.

Crispy said...

Oooo beautiful quilts!!

Crispy

Janet said...

Nice projects! The first one looks a bit like a toile at first glance - very pretty.

Rumi said...

Wonderful quilts! I especially love the first one. Beautiful!

Jocelyn said...

Such beautiful quilts!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Crabapple Hill does wonderful patterns. I always admire them. Gorgeous quilting to highlight a beautiful quilt. Thank you for sharing all of the pretty quilts.

Latane Barton said...

Love that flights of fancy quilt. So pretty. I am beginning to reacquaint myself with embroidery and am enjoying a lot. So pretty to combine the quilting with the handwork.

Kim said...

I see you like applique and wool have you tried any wool applique?
I belong to an online group call "Wool crazy" after the book.
We're having fun making crazy quilts in wool.

come on over and have a look:0)

Happy sewing

FlourishingPalms said...

Pretty quilts, and the "Flights of Fancy" is my favorite. I'm impressed by all the quilting on it! Please tell your group it's nice of them to share their quilts with us.

Anonymous said...

thank you for the great pics!!

Karen said...

Every one of the quilts are beautiful. I especially like the redwork birds quilt.

Susan said...

Lovely quilts and thanks for sharing the new source for wool. I am always looking for hand-dyes.

Betsy said...

Carrie great projects from your group. They make such beautiful things.

Allie said...

Oh my what gorgeous quilts! I really love that Flights of Fancy - so beautiful!

Janet said...

Omg, I just love the quilts that come out of that group. The first has gorgeous stitching on it. I love them all.

Shakerwood said...

Thanks so much for the plug, Carrie !!

I just love all the quilts but the last two are my favorites. I'm sure it's the colors that is drawing my eye to them but just love the patterns, too.

Again, thanks for sharing my website with everyone.

Robin said...

Beautiful quilts! That Flights of Fancy one is something else. So lovely! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the photos they are all beautiful quilts. But I was especially pleased to see the Flights of Fancy quilt, as I recently bought the pattern & some of the lastest French General fabric to make it with, so it was lovely to see the quilt made & so beautifully quilted. from Jenny McH (Australia)

Days and colors said...

So many beautiful quilts! a very talented group.

Candace said...

So much gorgeous eye candy, Carrie! I can only hope that my Flight of Fancy turns out half as beautiful as the one you showed us!
Cheers!