No Idle hands here. Before I show you what I have been up to these days I just had to show you this bird.

He stopped by long enough for me to grab my camera and take a picture. I had to look him up in my bird book because I have never seen him in my yard before. It is a Rose Breasted Grosbeak. I hope he comes back.

So what have I been doing while I have been showing you other people's beautiful quilts? See all those 2 1/2" strips? Those are going into a signature quilt for my son and future DIL getting married in July. The orange/yellow strips are 1 1/2" . The signature block is also 1 1/2" wide which is going to be on yellow fabric. Her favorite color. I am going to have to get more yellow fabrics.

I have made one pillowcase for the 1 million pillowcase challenge. I plan to make some more but I have one done.
(blogger turned the photo,sorry)
Our guild has decided to donate "nap" blankets to kindergartens in some our schools. Here are two reversible blankets that I made for a boy and a girl.

I also sewed up a friendship star block for our guild's out going president. The vice president comes up with an idea and then gets the board members to make some blocks to go in the quilt.

I made the binding for my Shabby Roses quilt which will be going to the quilter in a few weeks.


These two pictures show all the parts of the sewing caddies I will be making for the bridesmaids who are in the July wedding. They each chose two colors they liked and these are the fabrics I chose for the caddies.

Now I leave you because I am going to spend today working on them. Hope you all have a very productive or relaxing weekend, which ever you wish.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
Like what you do. If you don't like it, do something else. Paul Harvey
20 comments:
Wow, you've been busy! Lots of nice projects.
Pretty bird. I can't wait to see your Shabby Roses quilt. A signature wedding quilt will be a very special treasure.
I'd say your just a wee bit busy over there Carrie! Certainly some wonderful projects happening! That blues clues pillow case is awesome! Where did you find that fabric? I'd love to get my hands on some as a gift for my now 16 year old who LOVED Blue!
You have, and are going to be, verrrry busy! Lots of cool things there. I can't wait to see the bridemaids sewing kits when done. Cyndi
You have been very busy. I never thought of that, a signature block quilt for a wedding. My nephew is getting married this fall and it is going to be a camping wedding, so I was thinking of making them a wildlife, camping quilt.
Debbie
Aren't the Rose-breasted Grosbeaks gorgeous?? I can see why he caught your eye! I'm still stitching on my Shabby Roses quilt - but am making 2 at a time. Can't wait to see yours! Show us a picture of the sewing caddies you are making the girls (please)!! ~karen
That is a beautiful bird - I hope he comes back too! I've never seen one before.
I had to laugh at your pic of strips - I had a pic like that too, bet you get further with yours! Love your pillowcase and nap blankets, what a great idea. Is the quilt for the president going to be all stars? That's lovely, I really like the colours.
You really have been busy, Carrie!
Deadline chasing has had me neglecting the reading of your blog. I just scrolled through the last several...WOW!! What a feast of eye candy! The show looks like it was really good, and the pictures from you applique group are so inspiring! Your Vicksburg block is stunning! You get so much done and so well. (And I loved the bird shot...I have never seen a bird like that...absolutely beautiful...would make a lovely quilt block...)
Great photos of the Rose Breasted Grosbeak Carrie! They are one of my favorites! Hope your sewing went well today.
Thanks for the bird photo. I love birds, especially seeing ones that are less common.
I'm enjoying that you have several projects going, and that you're a get-er done kinda gal. Good work!
There is a lot going on at your place. What a lovely idea to donate the nap blankets. I love seeing the birds you have over there, this one is a little beauty.
So many wonderful projects being made at your house. I love it when I see a "new to me" critter. I was so excited when I saw a Wood Chuck for the first time LOL.
Crispy
What a pretty bird! I can see you have all your work for the next month cut out for yourself. Keeping busy is sometimes a good thing. :0)
Wow - busy, busy! I might need a nap ;-)
It looks like you've got your fingers in a few pies - and they're all doing something nice for other people. Kudos for all you do!
("Kudos". I wonder where that came from - both orginally and from my fingertips this morning? Is it really in common usage anymore, or am I terribly behind the times? Hmmm... sounds like a trip to Wikipedia is in order.)
YOu have been up to alot.....great going!!
A family wedding - how special! The sinanture quilt will be such a wonderful keepsake of a special day. Looks like you have lots of projects to keep you busy! The nap blankets are such a great idea.
You are one busy gal!! I cannot wait to your Wedding quilt!!
You've been working on some great projects! The Wedding Quilt will turn out beautiful for sure; the fabrics for the sewing caddies are pretty, and the children will love the nap blankets! Well done, Carrie!
No goodness you certainly have NOT been idle....good for you!
I don't think 'Carrie' and 'idle hands' should ever appear in the same sentence! :-)
Post a Comment