Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Weekend Trip

This past weekend my husband and I took a trip to the Eastern side of the state to be with our son and future DIL. We were invited to a Bar-b-Que on Friday night and to a wedding shower on Saturday. It was a lot of fun and her family is a joy to be with. Here is my son and his fiance checking out the quilt I made for them. They were blessed with so many gifts that we had to load up our car with some of them to bring back home.
On Saturday morning my husband and I went to a small town named Washington. It is located on the Pamlico River. There is a really nice board walk which we walked the length of (1,500 ft. long) and along the way we saw some really neat sights I thought I would share with you.
Around the town there are decorated crabs. I thought this one was really pretty.
This is a photo of the largest group of lily pads I have ever seen.
Here some photos of the flowers in their different stages of growing.
Here are some of the creatures that live among the lily pads.
Last week Happy Cottage Quilter had a week long giveaway. I did not win one of the official giveaway gifts but I did win a surprise gift of this sunny summery fabric. Thank so very much for the lovely fabric.
We have another new blogger in our midst. She came to visit my blog and her blog looks like it will be fun to read as she progresses. Check out Nifty Fifty Quilters.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day. Henri Nouwen

24 comments:

Marie said...

Such a fun weekend. Looks like the quilt passed inspection with flying colors.

Hugs - Marie

Michelle said...

Looks like a fun weekend!

Loris said...

Really interesting pictures. Love the turtles :-)

Simone de Klerk said...

How nice to see them looking at your quilt so closely! I think they know how much work goes into it!
Amazing pictures of the creatures that live among the lovely water lilies!
Wonderful summer win!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love that quote by Henri Nouwen! I haven't been to Washington, but have heard about what a quaint town it is. Congrats to you as your family grows, it's such a blessing to add new family members... more to quilt for! ;)

Abby and Stephanie said...

I think there will be years of snuggling under that cozy and happy quilt. Pretty photos. I recognize the lotus blossom from the pond. They have HUGE leaves too.

Linda said...

This is my first time to your blog and I enjoyed reading your posts. I am new to blogging and quilting and I am having a great time with both! Thanks for sharing!
I love the lily pads!

Janet said...

Wow - what great pictures! I love the turtle :0) Your son and future DIL will enjoy that quilt I'm sure.

grammie g said...

That is a beautiful gift that quilt!!! Pond Lilys I just love ..and they smell so wonderful!! Glad you had a nice trip!!!

Jocelyn said...

What a delightful trip. I'm so glad you like the fabric bundle. Enjoy them and make something pretty :-)

Deb said...

Carrie, it looks like you and your husband had a lovely weekend. Nothing nicer.
hugs Deb

Allie said...

That looks like a very fun trip, Carrie! I love that quilt for your son and future dil. Love the boardwalk too - that crab is so neat! And I love lily pads.

What a lovely surprise from Jocelyn! I'll go check out the new blog, thanks!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Thanks for sharing your weekend getaway, looks like you and your husband had a great time. Love the quilt you made your son and future DIL.

Crispy said...

What a lovely weekend you had. I loved the photos. The "kids" look VERY pleased with their quilt :0)

Crispy

Rumi said...

Great pics! I bet the quilt was a big hit and will be cherished.

Denise in PA said...

Fun weekend! I bet your son & fiancee loved the quilt o:) The crabs are fun! A small town by us has decorated mules and they are always fun to spot. I'm going to go check out the new blog - thanks!

Brandie said...

Your trip looked fun. Great pics. Love that turtle.

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely to be able to give your son and DIL2B a quilt..........like the water lily pics.......

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

How did I miss this post!!!??? The quilt is stunning and something they will enjoy for the rest of their lives. BRAVO Carrie!!!

Ivory Spring said...

I enjoy your trip pictures!

KaHolly said...

They looked as though they were loving on that quilt! The rest of your trip looked delicious. I am, of course, a little partial to water lilies! ~karen

Shakerwood said...

Dear Hubby and I went to East Carolina so you were in our old stomping grounds! Been to Little Washington many times. It is a wonderful little town. If you are ever that way again and have some time, check out Edenton. It's another quaint historic town in that part of the state.

Robin said...

Wow! That really is a lot of lily pads! Sounds like you had a fun getaway.

Candace said...

Your son and future DIL look quite taken with the quilt! I love boardwalks - looks as though you had a wonderful trip!
Cheers!