Monday, July 12, 2010

From Grandma

I just had to show you this quilt that grandma, my mom, made for the cute couple for their wedding which is this Saturday. Look at the detail in the quilting. A cool flower design to match the flower fabric.
I have family coming into town this week, some will be staying with us so I will be back next week after things settle down. It is going to be a very happy time.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

We are told that people stay in love because of chemistry, or because they remain intrigued with each other, because of many kindnesses, because of luck. But part of it has got to be forgiveness and gratefulness.
Ellen Goodman

21 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That quilt is so great and what amazing quilting. They will treasure it forever.
Best quote ever included today Carrie! Thanks for your thoughtfulness.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It's just wonderful, Carrie! So now I know where the quilting gene comes from! ;)

Enjoy each and every moment of this special week! I'll be thinking of you~

Allie said...

Wow - what a beautiful quilt, I just love the quilting too! What a blessed couple.
I hope you're feeling better, Carrie!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I love the matching quilts and the quilting design is beautiful. What special treasures for this happy couple.

Simone de Klerk said...

What a very very special quilt for the lovely couple! Perfect quilting.
Have a lovely week.

Crispy said...

Great quilt!! Such a cute couple!! Have a great week!!

Crispy

Loris said...

Sweet looking couple! I hope it is a wonderful week of celebration for them. The quilt is beautiful! I love the stitching!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Carrie, thank you for sharing!! beautiful quilt and such a cute couple. now it is time for your fun week, enjoy every minute of it! and remember to do what I did not, bring comfy shoes!!!

Ivory Spring said...

Oh, how beautiful - and full of meaning as it is a labor of much love. The quilting is perfect for the quilt!

Have fun at the wedding. Congratulations.

FlourishingPalms said...

Best wishes to all of you! Soak in the memories of this beautiful time. Blessings on the happy couple.

Janet said...

That's a treasured gift, best wishes to the happy couple.

Michelle said...

Lovely colors and even lovelier quilting!

grammie g said...

Grandma must be pretty cool herself.. :} that is a beautiful colorful quilt!!!
Have a happy wedding!!

marina said...

beautiful quilt!
Hope you enjoy the wedding and that everything goes well.
A lovely quote at the end of your blog.

Brandie said...

Take care, and enjoy the family. We'll be waiting patiently for your return.

Miri said...

The quilt is terrific!

Have a great time at the wedding!
Congratulations!

Dorothy said...

Carrie, the quilt is wonderful.

Have a wonderful time at the wedding.
Looking forward to seeing some photos.

Robin said...

I love the bright colors and the way the quilting echoes the print. Very cool! And what a happy looking couple. :)

Have a wonderful time at the wedding!!!

Simone de Klerk said...

Hi Carrie ~ I am trying to send you an email, but I am getting them all back with a 'failure message'. Could you please contact me. Thank you (O:

Anonymous said...

Oh Carrie...hope the weather isn't overly toasty and humid and the day to be an enjoyable one! I'm looking forward to a few photos!!

Simone de Klerk said...

Sorry, Carrie, that I am contacting you this way again, but the mails I send you are sent back )o: Could you please send me your address! Your post does arrive here! Maybe add your email address too. It might be wrong in my address book (even though I answer your original posts). xo