Wednesday, August 4, 2010

One Flower Wednesday and More

Yay! one more flower done. You can read more about the Garden Party at Karen's blog.
I am making my hexagon flowers into a charm quilt. I have made two other charm quilts. I thought I would share this wallhanging with you all. I made this in 1999 when I began quilting. One of the local quilt shops had a group of ladies that met to trade 6 inch squares. Being a new quilter I was so excited each time we met to see so many different fabrics.
Stephanie shared this BOM with me and I wanted to share with you. Little hexagons to make with touches of beads and embroidery. Check it out at Dawn Hay's blog.
With Passion,
Carrie P.

21 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

I love going back and looking at earlier quilt works. Your flowers are really pretty. This will be a gorgeous charm quilt.

Toni said...

I've seen several flowers today and think it's a great project! I love your colors for this week! I think I'm doing the Frosted Flakes BOM as well, saw that this morning!

Heather said...

I must say I just LOVE that one petal that looks like the eye of a peacock feather! Great work!
Heather

Lynn said...

Cute little charm quilt, I remember when I first started quilting and someone gave me a bag of 4 inch blocks, how excited I was.

Kim D. said...

Love the variety of fabrics in your hex flower. Those blues are lovely with the yellow center. That quilt is really pretty.

Loris said...

Your hexies are looking so beautiful! They will make a wonderful charm quilt...as is the one you show today. Love the purples!

Allie said...

Carrie that quilt you made is stunning - and you were a new quilter? Oh my! It's really beautiful!
Love your blue and yellow flower!

Rumi said...

Lovely flower this week. I like blue and yellow together. Liked the look at your early wall hanging too.

GRANNY'S HOUSE said...

Lovely flower and I love the blue fabric.

Greetings
Ines

Dolly Cloth said...

charm quilt would look great lovely flowers
Rita

Aunt 'Reen said...

What a darling little charm quilt that is!
It's always fun to look back at the prints that were popular at various times of a Quilter's journey.
Your Flower hexies are going to make a beautiful charm quilt!

Doreen

Betsy said...

Fabulous charm quilt. I love your flowers too.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I think charm quilts will always have a special place.
Don't you wish there were blue flowers Carrie?

Vivian said...

Your charm quilt will be lovely. This is a beautiful start.

marina said...

Lovely charm quilt. I love how all the colours all blend together.

Simone de Klerk said...

Lovely flower witht he yellow heart!
I printed the first Frosty Flakes BOM. Looks like lots of fun to make! I missed your quote.

Lee D said...

blue and yellow go so well together. Love the wall hanging too!

Marion B. said...

What a lovely blue flower and the quilt looks fabulous too. Happy stitching.

Crispy said...

Pretty flower and I love the embelishments at the other blog. Sure wish I knew other quilters when I first started :0)

Crispy

Karen said...

A beautiful blue flower Carrie, love the yellow center!

Robin said...

What a wonderful little flower! You are sure plugging along on those. And I love your charm quilt-- it is gorgeous!