Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Last Block

The last block is finished from Linen Closet Quilts BOM. Dawn has the first block out for her new BOM. It is called Folk Art Tribute.
Unfortunately this block will go in the UFO pile for a while so that I can work on Christmas gifts. It will be here before we know it. Kaaren says there are 110 days until Christmas. Eeekkk! She has a cute needle case tutorial on her blog that would make a great gift.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single minute before starting to improve the world. Anne Frank

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going into panic mode on Christmas gift giving ideas and all this work piling up...oh dear! I may have to send out quilting coupons! Hee!!

Janet said...

Your block turned out very nice - I like the background fabric. I don't start stressing about Christmas until at least November. :0)

Abby and Stephanie said...

I am going to deny Christmas is on the way right now and just look forward to Fall. First things first. I have a heck of a "to do" list for this month! Pretty block. Happy crafting.

ranette said...

Great block Carrie...too bad it's going to the ufo pile. :(

I'm not going to stress about Christmas this year...I promise!

Yvette said...

You did a great job!

Didn't I just put away the Christmas decorations???

Michelle said...

Your last block is simply lovely.

Allie said...

Oh so pretty, Carrie! I guess I need to start Christmas gifts too. Or maybe I'll wait til after the Sewing Expo - that usually revs my engines - it's at the end of September. Trouble is, I don't think I can top the year I made everyone a quilt!

Heather said...

Only 110 days!? Good thing I have already gotten a few things in the bag. I hate malls and shopping when the Christmas 'season' actually arrives.
Great applique block - the edges are super! No wonder you have a whole blog about applique - you're an applique superstar!

Carol said...

What a wonderful block! You are so right...Christmas will be here before we blink...my mom always says, "the kids go back to school, it's Halloween and then it's Christmas"...she's so right!

Crispy said...

Great block Carrie. How fun to finish up a "last" block.

I love that my family destressed Christmas. No gift giving, just lots of telephone conversations with the out-of-towner (me).

Crispy

Kaaren said...

Pretty colors happening in that block, Carrie.

Gee, I can feel a lot of things whizzing by my head for mentioning the "C" word. Yikes! I've never had to duck from flying objects as much as I am now. *wink*

Cindy said...

I just love Kaaren's tutorial for that little needle keeper. She's so kind to share with others.

Okay, this is crazy. What am I doing this morning? I'm actually working on my Christmas "to be made" list. Oh my word - this is SCARY !!

Nanette Merrill said...

So perfect, so beautiful.

Simone de Klerk said...

Love the quote!

Robin said...

Lovely block! I've really enjoyed watching that quilt come together. It seems like such a fun project.

Eeep! 110 days???