Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holiday Giving!

If you read my post from yesterday you know that I finished a tree skirt just in time for Christmas this year. Look what I made out of the circle that was cut from the center of the skirt, a mug rug.
I am going to have a Christmas giveaway. You could win the mug rug plus the two winter patterns, the star, and a a fat quarter of snowy fabric.

If you would like a chance to win this giveaway all you have to do is wish me Merry Christmas and make sure I have some way to get in contact with you. If you don't have a way for me to contact you I will pick another name.
I will pick the winner on Friday, Dec. 10.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

Advent reading for today: Micah 5:2-4

75 comments:

Michelle said...

I'll not only wish you a Merry Christmas, Carrie, I'll wish you a Happy New Year as well. :-)

The mug rug you made out of the center cut from the tree skirt, is so pretty. Very cool way to recycle too.

Cindy said...

I'm finding myself infatuated with mug rugs and candle mats these days and haven't made a one. Oh, but I'll get to one, or two, after the holidays. Yours is just adorable, Carrie.

I truly mean it when I say "Merry Christmas". Make memories.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Merry Christmas Carrie! You are so creative - great mug rug.

Mommarock said...

Oh yes I do wish you a Merry Christmas.. my goodness using that circle as a Mug Rug is a genius idea!

Tudy said...

Neat way to use that circle. Merry Christmas and I would love to win your giveaway. We have the snow here for a white Christmas and I think it will stay till at least then.

Briarose said...

Merry Christmas, Carrie. What a neat way to use that circle. So creative. Claire

Monique said...

Merry Christmas! I love reading your blog and especially seeing the photographs of all your lovely creations!

Marie said...

I wish you and yours the happiest of holidays ever and a very Merry Christmas.

Girlfriend, I hope you mean Dec.10 on the drawing or I will have missed it already.

Hugs - Marie

Marj said...

I want to wish you a warm and Merry Christmas! Thank you for such a generous giveaway.

Darlene said...

The Merriest, Brightest & Happiest Christmas to you and yours, Carrie!

I'd be smug as a bug in a rug if I won your beautiful mug rug. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh Carrie...Nov 10th is so far away! LOL

You just know that I want to win this mug rug...just look at THAT fabric!!!! I love it!!!!

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas dear friend....I'll be chatting before the New Year so I will wait to wish you that! Hee!

Janet said...

Have a very merry Christmas!

Loris said...

You are so clever :-) What a fun little mug rug! and nothing wasted too. I absolutely do wish you a Merry Christmas! Thank you for sharing such fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Carrie, and a most Quilty New Year as well!
from Sally in SC
sjkatthefarm@aol.com

onlymehere said...

Merry Christmas Carrie. I like how you used the center in such a creative way. I'm going to remember that!
Cindy

CarolM said...

Merry Christmas Carrie - love the sweet mug run - you always have such creative ideas.
Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Carolm1930@embarqmail.com

Sherrill said...

Merry Christmas, Carrie!! Thanks for the great giveaway.

simple country living! said...

Merry Christmas Carrie! I love the mug rug you so ingeniously made out of the circle from your tree skirt! Have a great holiday season!
~blessings~
Leona

Darlene B said...

Merry Christmas! I love the mug rug - would work well for my morning cup of tea (and my evening cup as well!) Thanks so much for the opportunity. dsb448@att.net

Linda said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, Carrie!!! To you and your family! I love the mug rug. How resourceful!! Such a generous giveaway! Are you sure you're not Santa?? LOL!

rebecca said...

Merry Christmas Carrie!! Mug rugs are everywhere. I need to make one!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I need that mug rug...really I do! I love it - it's round and I haven't seen any round ones. :) Merry Christmas! blessings, marlene

Debbie said...

Merry Christmas and many more. Thank you for a great anf truly inspirational blog. debbie
email me at debbie@maceng.com.au

Allenz said...

I would love the mug rug. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Karen said...

That is a good use for something that would normally just hit the waste basket or scrap bin. So creative.

RedGingerbread said...

LOVE IT! Merry Christmas Carrie!

Jocelyn said...

Your Mug Rug is adorable. And I do wish you a very Merry Christmas Carrie!

WoolenSails said...

A very Merry Christmas and Blessings to you and your family!

I love those patterns and your mug rug is a wonderful piece.

Debbie

Becky said...

Merry Christmas .. I hope its your best ever.. Peace and Love for all of us.
Becky

Mary said...

Thank you for sharing. What a great idea for that circle. Too cute. I wish you a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.
Happy Quilting!!!

Nancy P said...

Carrie and All, Merry Christmas! Peace on Earth and Good Will to All.
May the spirit of the season be in our hearts all year long.

quiltsbycheryl said...

The rug mug is truly adorable. I want to wish you a Blessed Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year filled with wonderful stitching times. I find it a true stress reliever..even when i have let myself procrastinate and am rushing to finish that special something for a friend or loved one. Thanks for all you share and do!!

Allie said...

What a very cool idea Carrie, I'll have to remember that if I turn my ugly tree table topper into a tree skirt! Don't enter me in the give-away, I'll never make the patterns....and I don't want to be greedy, lol. But I certainly do wish you a Merry Christmas!!!

Shanna said...

i have been wanting to make a mug rug,or two,or three...This is very cute.....Love your blog.Always fun stuff to look at...

marina said...

A lovely giveaway! Please count me in. I love your finished tree skirt. A tree skirt is on my 'one day' list.
Mug rugs do seem to be the new trend, why not embrace it.
Your tree looks wonderful too.

FlourishingPalms said...

Your mug rug is gorgeous. Beautiful work! Thank you for being so generous to give away these items. Have a blessed Advent, Carrie.

kraftier said...

Feliz Natal,cheio de Paz e Amor !um Ano novo cheio de sonhos e concretizações!
now in english
Merry Christmas, filled with Peace and Love! A New Year full of dreams and accomplishments!
your mug rug isjust pretty and lovely

Di said...

Merry Christmas, Carrie!
Your blog was a delightful discovery a few months ago and I love reading every post. Creativity and inspiration galore! God bless you this Christmas and for 2011.

antique quilter said...

Oh Carrie that little mug rug is just adorable!
Merry Merry Merry Christmas!
Hope you have a wonderful holiday season.
The fabric is so pretty, I love snow so this scene is just pretty and so nostalgic we went ice skating as kids in an outdoor rink near a house like that!
of course that snowman would have to be made up right away
great giveaway, thanks!
Kathie

Gill said...

We wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a happy new year!
Thanks for the giveaway
Gill

Betsy said...

Carrie Feliz Navidad.
Thank you for the chance towin.

nonnie said...

Merry Christams to you and your family Carrie. What a cute idea using the circle . Thank you for having this giveaway
Nonnie
moultee@aol.com

Crispy said...

I LOVE the mug rug!!

I'll wish you a Merry Christmas but don't enter me in the drawing as I would never use the patterns and they should go to someone who will use them :0)

Merry Christmas my friend!

Crispy

Miriam said...

Merry Christmas Carrie!

Brilliant idea for using that circle of fabric!!
I love the appliqued holly and berries.
That snowy fabric is perfect for this time of year.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Carrie♥

Crystal said...

Wishing you and yours and very very Merry Christmas!

Lynn said...

I love that fabric, haven't seen it before. Merry Christmas!!

Linda said...

Merry Christmas! Ho! Ho! Ho! from all of us at Lavenderridge.
May your christmas wishes come true.

Yankee Valley Stitcher said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year ***

Wilma said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! Love your blog

Jane in Cumbria said...

Merry Christmas Carrie! Your mug rug is lovely. what a good idea - I am just about to make a tree skirt too.
Jane

WvHmmngbrd said...

Merry Christmas! thanks for the chance to win!

Daydreams and Reality said...

A very Merry Christmas to you and your's! Love your blog...I just found it a week ago! My email is: debbiejohnson1210@yahoo.com

Brandie said...

Carrie, I wish you and yours, a very Merry Christmas! Love that mug rug! Take care...

Patty Nordahl said...

What a great idea! Love your blog always check to see what you are working on. Have a very Merry Christmas and wonderful luck in the new year.

Raewyn said...

What a great idea to use the inner circle of your tree skirt! Have a very Merry Christmas.... and a Happy New Year!

Kathi Thompson said...

So many fun ideas on your blog. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

rjk said...

Merry Christmas, I love the holly mug rug and the patterns look fun.

Jeanne said...

Sending Merry Christmas wishes your way. Would love to put my coffee cup on your beautiful mug rug.

Sandy said...

What a clever idea for the mugrug...waste not want not! It is darling. Merry Christmas and thanks for the chance to win your goodies!

Sharon said...

Merry Christmas, Carrie! I don't often comment, but I read your blog every day and love all the beautiful projects you show. Thank you for having a giveaway! How sweet of you!

Wonky Girl said...

Merry Christmas. What a great idea for the center cut of your tree skirt- a mug rug!
Mmmm, nice gifties too- would love to win :)
Thank you for offering the give-away.

barb's creations said...

Merry Christmas....What an ingenious way to use your scraps.I only just bought a couple of fat 1/4's to make myself a mug rug as I've been spotting them all over blogs recently.Must look at making a Chrissy one after seeing yours :) Barb.

Janet said...

I love your mug rug! Simple and pretty. Merry Christmas Carrie!!

carolyn said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS CARRIE!!!!!
Would LOVE to win. You always have such beautiful things.
Thank You , Carolyn
cncsmith2@yahoo.com

Janet said...

Merry Christmas, Carrie. This is the first round mug rug I've seen. I love that you used the hole from your tree skirt. Very nicely done. And I would love to have it.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas. Cute mug rug.
Like your decorations.

Darlis

Anne said...

Merry Christmas Carrie. I've so enjoyed getting to "know" you thru your blog.

sunny said...

Merry Christmas! What a nice giveaway. I love the round mug rug.

Simone de Klerk said...

Happy Holidays, Carrie!
Such lovely wins from you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays Carrie
Have a blessed holiday christmas
thanks for the advent readings!! We are following along
Michelle in NJ
bellesmommy10@yahoo.com

Red Heads said...

Carrie... I wish you & yours all good blessings of the holiday season and happiness in the new year. Love your blog. Sincerley:Dianne..

Deb said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Judy C said...

Lovely gifts, and how creative to use that leftover circle. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Deb said...

I am late but that is okay. I wanted to say that I love your mug rug and think it is a fantastic idea. Would you mind if I used the same concept for making some gifts this year?? I love the round rug rather than the rectangle ones and wondereed `why didn`t I think of that??