Carrie P.
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Christmas gifts
No, this is not a Christmas gift but it is a surprise gift from Simone. A great applique pattern and sweet apple napkins for the fall. Thanks so much Simone. You brought a smile to my face. I love to get surprises in the mail.
Here are some Christmas gifts I have finished. These first two photos are seat belt sleeves. I made these for my daughters-in-law.
You can find the tutorial here. If you make your own, the directions call for something called heading liner to use inside the sleeve. I just used several layers of scrap batting. I think it gives just the right amount of padding.
Here is a pincushion for a friend. Sorry, I covered up the designer's name. It is Kathy Schmitz.
And I made some camera strap covers for the kid's cameras. This pattern came from the Moda Bake Shop.
With Passion,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
Nice presents Carrie!
Hey, I just made camera strap covers today too!
You have been busy. I haven't even started my list yet and usually I am finished by now! Aaaaggghhh
Thanks very much for the seatbelt cover link, Carrie. Wierdly my mother's heart pacemaker is stuck up on her right side and the seatbelt is very uncomfortable for her. Now I have a great little gift to make for her.
Looks like you have been productive :-)
I'm quite impressed and everything is so original. I, personally, like the little pincushion. I've not gotten beyond the 'think about it' stage. Soon, though!
Hugs - Marie
Just loving the bike fabric. Such terrific and useful gifts for your family. Simone is a sweet lady. Love the apples.
You have been busy! Love the fabric for the seat belt cover. And the pincushion is darling! Camera straps is another good idea. I can't think of a thing to make this year, nobody needs anything, so after talking to my mum I think we'll do food gifts.
Those seat belt covers are cool! What a great gift!
Carrie, you are one busy lady! I'm loving the straps and seat belt covers! What unique gifts. ~karen
Oh Carrie, way to get a jump on things. thanks for the link. Love the seat belt cover!
I was just thinking that I needed to replace my old seat belt sleeves. This looks like a quick project that I may be able to squeeze in this month or next.
Great pincushion and camera straps too!
Nice with surprises...:O))
Clever christmas gitfs... oh I really need to start to think about Christmas... I really should...lol..
Great presents Carrie :0) I tried a seat belt cover but I'm so short the dang thing still is annoying but at least it doesn't cut into my neck.
Crispy
Hey Carrie! I was just stopping by for a visit and was so happy to see that you made the seat belt covers. I HATE my seat belts and was going to make a cover on my own - now I'll follow the link and see how they did it. I think I'll make some for Christmas gifts as well!
Lovely gifts! The ones you got from Simone and the ones you've been making! Christmas always come so soon!
Beautiful gifts from Simone! :-)
I am going to make a camera strap too, but I'm using this tute -
http://www.crapivemade.com/2010/02/ruffled-camera-strap-tutorial.html
It's so pretty with the ruffle. Very girly, very me. LOL!
Hugs
Jenny
Good for you, Carrie! I admire how on-top-of-it you are with your holiday crafting. I especially love the camera straps. Very cool!
Post a Comment