where I was this past week? Yep! you guessed right if you said Washington, DC. My oldest son and his wife moved there this past June. I have never been to our nation's capital so it was a real neat experience for me. The traffic was really bad every where we went.

Here is what our trip looked like going through Virginia. We enjoyed very pretty weather while we were there.

Remember the pillow I made with the variegated cat on the bench? It was for my son and DIL. This is one of their cats. He is a beautiful cat but he is not friendly at all. Either is the other cat.

On our way up to DC we stopped in a Staunton, Virginia at Rachel's Quilt shop. She was featured in the Quilt Sampler magazine. Not sure when. (
www.rachelsquiltpatch.com)

I did stop at another quilt shop but don't remember the name. I did find some fabric and a nice piece of wool.

On our way up to DC and back home we stopped at several antique stores. I found some button cards to add to my collection.

Check out these little copper cookie cutters. I remember having these when I was a child.

This week we are dog sitting a big dog. Bear (his name) is a Labradoodle and is staying for the week. He is a good dog.

I did work on some applique while I was in Virginia but nothing is finished. I need to work on some Quilt Around the World blocks this week so I can pass them on to the next person. I will be sure to show you them when I finish.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
Miracles aren't limited to the holidays! Unknown
17 comments:
Quilt shops and antiques sound like the perfect stops along the way. My mom has many copper molds stored somewhere. Bear is a happy looking dog.
I think it would be very interesting to visit Washington, DC. Also new quilting stores are always fun to visit!! I have a gingerbread man cookie cutter much like the ones in your picture - he comes out for use every December :0)
Sounds like you had a wonderful trip Carrie. Thank you for sharing your photos with us. Your fabric purchases look wonderful, especially the Snowman fabric!
Enjoyed your photos...looks like it was a fun trip. The cat has lovely coloring...very photogenic!! Always nice to be able to make a few stops along the way....I have a hard time convincing my spouse this is part of the joy of traveling!! I remember those cookie cutters too.
Looks like a fun trip Carrie. What good finds in the fabrics and button cards. My mom had several of those cookie cutters and it brings back fond memories.
I think we must have all had those same cookie cutters only I don't think ours were copper probably just aluminum.
I am glad you got to see our capital, it is impressive but so crowded.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
Hugs - Marie
So glad you had good weather on your trip! I've never been to the capitol, I need to go someday. Pretty kitty - but I don't like unfriendly cats, my aunt's cats have always been so MEAN.
Pretty fabrics and I LOVE the buttons - that's one of the things I look for at antique shops. You got some beauties!
sounds like a wonderful trip Carrie! There are many quilt shops within a hour of DC....I'm curious what the other one you went too, being I have been to several in the area....I do miss MD and Northern VA just because of the shop choices there.
Safe travels!
Glad you had a good trip and visit with your son. I love visiting D.C. So much to see and do.
What a great trip, and so nice to see your son and DIL. And stopping at quilt shops and antique shops made it even better. Love the houses in the previous post.
I'd just been thinking that it's been a while since we heard from you. So glad you made a safe trip to visit your son and DIL, and that you got to see DC in person. Evidently those stops along the way made it even more enjoyable! Glad to know we'll be hearing from you again soon. Have a happy Thanksgiving!
What a great vacation! I have never been to D.C. but hope to get there one day.
That labradoodle is adorable!! The kitty is so cute too, it is ashame he is not friendly.
Welcome Home Carrie :0) I think everyone should have the opportunity to visit our nation's capital. What a wonderful place!! I think we all had mothers that had those cookie cutters LOL.
Crispy
Sounds like you had a good trip to Washington D.C. Whenever we drive up to NY to visit my parents, we have to drive around the area. Traffic is always so congested through there.
Nice looking kitty! Hard to believe he wouldn't be sweet. Must be young and mischievous yet.
Great finds in both the quilt shops and Antique shops. I like the snowmen and the wool. :0)
I wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Sounds like a fabulously fun trip! :-) The labradoodle is really cute.
The traffic in DC is pretty bad especially if you aren't expecting it but the city is beautiful. I am glad you got the chance to visit. I plan on making the opposite trip and spending some time in the Virginia countryside sometime in December.
That sounds like a nice little vacation! I've always wanted to visit Washington, D.C. There is so much wonderful history around there.
Post a Comment