Carrie P.
Monday, November 15, 2010
Preparations!
Before I show you my preparations I wanted to show you this beautiful fall picture. I took this while standing outside but this is the view from my kitchen window. Aren't the trees so pretty? This photo was taken a few days ago. Today we have rain.
Here are the preparations. I have been working on the Quilt Aid blocks I got recently. I am still waiting on one to arrive in the mail. This block was a challenge for me. I have not ever done any thing like this before.
The circle looks okay. A few more pieces prepped and ready to applique.
One of the blocks has yo yos. Unfortunately my Go cutter and my Clover yo yo makers were not the right size. So all these yo yos are done the old fashioned way. This photo is just to show you lovely fabrics.

I made this house with the off the block technique meaning that I sewed it all together first and now it is ready to applique to the background.
Here are the tiny house posts. I used my bias bars to make these.
One of the blocks has an embroidered house along with trees and a vine. Still more to do on it.
With Passion,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 comments:
I adore all the Quilt Aid blocks. I am happy to see you doing them, I look forward to seeing your progress.
I admire your patience and tenacity in construction this block! Can't wait to see it when completed. ~karen
Carrie it looks great! you seem to be enjoying the process.
looks like some tricky techniques!
Lovely colour fabrics.
HI Carrie... what a great project this is your working on and worthy cause.
What cute blocks !!
Beautiful view. Love the block and your fabrics are great.
Lovely view.
And what a wonderful block.
I love the fabrics you are using, it is going to be beautiful.
Debbie
Outside my kitchen window I have the neighbours brick wall. You're much luckier with that lovely scene. Have fun with the new techniques, the blocks look great so far and I do love the fabrics.
I need to finish an applique project I started a while back. I am out of hand work so really need to get something going. Love your work.
Oh I have been so tempted to do these blocks, but just don't have the time or the funds right now. It will be fun to follow along with your progress though :)
Oh which setting kit did you pick?
You certainly have been busy. I like it when it's off the block construction and then haveing to just sew down the finished shape :0)
Lovely fabrics for the yo yos.
Crispy
Beautiful work Carrie!
Love the pic of your kitchen view. My trees are mostly bare now but they sure were pretty a few weeks ago!
I love your view. This is my favorite time of year, the colors are amazing.
What a worthy cause, thank you for sharing...enjoy the challenge...your work is lovely. I love the fall colors and your picture is appreciated. I miss the change of seasons and autumn the most.
The trees in your backyard are magnificent!! I just love all the colors that "Fall" brings!! :0)
The Quilt Aid Block does look challenging, but well worth it for such a great cause.
Your tree colors are beautiful! What a nice view you have! Can't wait to see your quilt done. I do all my yo-yo's by hand, I don't have either the go cutter or a yo-yo maker. :o( That's okay though, I love the hand work!
What a great view out your kitchen window Carrie. I love the fall colors. We formally lived on a lake and the view was spectacular. I really miss the beautiful trees and greenery, since we now live in the desert. Your blocks are coming along nicely and for such a worthy cause. Those brown, teal and red fabrics are gorgeous. Do you mind if I ask what line and designer that is?
Such beautiful work, Carrie!
Your work is so nice, and I love the house block. This is going to be an amazing quilt. So many little details!
It looks like you are on your way to creating a beautiful quilt.
I have ordered these blocks too...but not started yet! Don't you just love them??
These blocks look like a challenge! But they will be so worth it in the end. Such wonderful designs. I look forward to seeing your progress.
Hello there!
Hope you are having a good day. I just want to thank you for visiting my blog and your gracious comment. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment