Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hop To It

Yippee! I finished my first Hop To It block. I am very please with how it turned out.
Check out all Linda's wool Hop To It blocks she has done so far. She also shared a friend's Hop To It quilt top that is a beautiful finish.

I taught another applique class today at another shop and I will show you their work tomorrow.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

34 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Very, very pretty. I love your colors!

Marie said...

Carrie - this is beautiful. Very nice work.

Hugs - Marie

Jocelyn said...

Oh Carrie, it is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love the colors!!! This one will be a fun one for me to watch from the sidelines!!

Darlene said...

Carrie, it's stunning! Absolutely stunning.

(no more worms - teehee)

Susan said...

I, too, love your fabric choices, colors, and your applique is beautiful. What a nice beginning.

Abby and Stephanie said...

I just love the colors and fabrics. Congratulations on finishing your first block. This will be a very pretty project.

Deb said...

Carrie I am not surprised your work is always gorgeous..nice to see you working on this beautiful applique project. Love your fabric choices

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love your color choices Carrie - and your work is wonderful. blessings, marlene

Betsy said...

wow, another stunning block. I need to take your class.

Sherrill said...

Oh, that's BEAUTIFUL! I'm going on a cruise in a week with Edyta as one of the teachers--can't WAIT!!

Karen said...

WOW - your work is stunning - what a beautiful block :)

Karen

marina said...

looks fantastic and your colour selections are beautiful!

Aunt 'Reen said...

o.m.gosh...what a GORGEOUS block!
I love your fabric choices and beautiful hand-work!

Salem Stitcher said...

Wonderful background choice!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That is a beautiful block Carrie.

Linda said...

It is stunning. I love how the background fabric really sets off the applique! Beautiful. Thanks Carrie! :-)

WoolenSails said...

Your applique is beautiful!
I like the wool Linda is using, really stunning.

Debbie

Yvette said...

That turned out really pretty!

Allie said...

That's just gorgeous Carrie - I just saw this quilt for the first time on TQS, now I'm seeing it everywhere, lol! I love Linda's wool version too. What I love about Edyta Sitar is her amazing selection of fabric - it ALL goes together! Someday I will get this book!

Simone de Klerk said...

Very pretty! I love the fabrics you used.

Janet said...

It's turned out to be one beautiful block!

Carol said...

What a beautiful block!

ranette said...

I love the gray background fabric! Very beautiful!

Robin said...

Beautiful, Carrie! I can't wait to get started on mine now! :)

Teresa Rawson said...

Absolutely beautiful...you do such nice work with no hint of stitches. The flowers just look like they are happily floating above the background!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

antique quilter said...

i just love your background and the choice of colors is just soooo pretty.
great block, another beauty!!! can't wait to see your students work always fun to see show and tell!
Kathie

Brandie said...

Gorgeous! Of course I'm not surprised, everything you do is! Lovely...

Cindy said...

Ooh, Carrie. How very pretty. This may sound corny - but what I love so much about this block is its simplicity. I like this one ALOT !!!!!

Lynn said...

Pretty! Can't wait to see the rest. Loved the wool ones, thanks for the link!

Dawn said...

Love this block....
Hugs Dawn x x x

Loralynn said...

Gorgeous!

KaHolly said...

Wow, Carrie, I go off for a week and look at all you've accomplished! This block is just beautiful. ~karen

Diane said...

Carrie, I love this! The colors are wonderful and as always the work is beautiful!