Thursday, February 17, 2011

Prim Point Giveaway

Before I get to the giveaway let me introduce you to the ladies of Prim Point. Cyndy Petterson and Lynn Smallwood live in the Cascade Mountains of Washington State. Their pattern company specializes in Colored Crayon Embroidery, applique, and wool applique. If you don't know how to do the coloring technique you can go here and Prim Point has a free instruction sheet. If you go here you can get a free pattern to try the technique to see how much fun it is to color again. Go get yourself your very own box of crayons. Who doesn't love a new box of crayons?
When you visit Cyndy's blog also called Prim Point you will be able to follow her progress as they create new designs. I know they are working on several BOM that I can't wait to see finished. Here is one of the blocks which I just love.
If you live in Washington State or a state nearby you could attend one the classes that Cyndy teaches. They look like a lot of fun. You can see a really cute heart design that was taught in a class which included applique with fabric and wool and some embroidery. It is very cute.
Here is the newest pattern the girls have created called "Twitterin." This quilt is 44" x 58". This pattern includes applique, coloring with crayons and embroidery. If you look close you can see the sweet little bees are colored and embroidered. You know how much I love anything that has to do with birds so this will be a quilt I make in the near future.
Here is the best part of their patterns. They give you the full size pattern. You don't have to retrace and go get it enlarged. The pattern is numbered in order that you lay the pieces which is great for beginner appliquers.
"Cowboy Spring" is another pattern uses the coloring technique and embroidery. It has a cousin called "Cowboy Christmas" which is very cute with Christmas decorations coming out of the boot.

Okay, I know you are ready for the giveaway. I will pick two names. When you leave a comment tell me which pattern you would like if your name is chosen. (Twitterin or Cowb0y Spring)
For another chance to win a pattern go over to the Prim Point blog and become a follower so you can keep up with their newest releases. Also when you visit don't forget to thank them for this chance to win a pattern. After you do that, come back and leave another comment telling me you have done that for another entry. Simple right?
And if you would like to mention the Prim Point giveaway on your blog I will give you another entry.

I will choose the names on Sunday, February 20. Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you too.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

38 comments:

Ruth B said...

Twitterin! I love birds too and especially love them on quilts. Very cute.

Jocelyn said...

I love Twitterin! Very lovely patterns, and great that they are full size!! Thanks for offering the giveaway.

Pepe said...

Twitterin! I heart little birds...

Annelies said...

Twitter Twitter Twitterin....just SEW cute!!!!

Darlene said...

There's nothing like a new box of crayons. This looks like something I'd like to try, Carrie. Thank you for sharing - I'm off to visit.

Amy said...

I MUST have Twitterin!!!! It's sooooooo cute!!!

Kay said...

~So nice giveway!~
I love the Twitterin!
Kay

Cathy said...

I love them both but Twitterin would be my choice. Hugs

Kaybid said...

I go over to the Prim Point blog and became a follower and write a little note to thank them!
I am going to put the giveaway on my blog, here the link: http://lovejoypeace3.blogspot.com/

Blessings,
Kay

Wendy said...

What a choice! I think Twitterin would be my choice though. Thanks for the chance to win!

Martina said...

Lovely! I would choose twitterin too! Thanks for the chance!

Marsha B said...

Ooooooo, very pretty! I have not tried it but I love coloring with embroider. What fun! Twitterin is so cute, thanks for a chance to win!

Phyllis said...

I just love little birds. I would choose twitterin. Thanks.

Phyllis said...

I became a follower of Prim Point.

Lynn said...

Twittering, it's adorable!

Allie said...

How cute is that!!!!! I love the Twitterin. I'm going to go check them out!

Allie said...

Wow - all their patterns are darling - wish I lived closer! I'm now a follower, thanks Carrie for the introduction to them and the give-away!

Marie said...

Cool patterns, Carrie - thanks for sharing them with us. I like Twitterin for my choice (if I am so lucky). I'm heading right now to Prim Point to check out their patterns and blogs.

Hugs - Marie

KaHolly said...

Oh, that's a difficult choice, esp. considering I'm in Texas right now!! Okay, I'll choose - ummm, Twitterin'. There, I've done it!! Thanks, Carrie, for this opportunity! Stop by for a good laugh!! ~kaholly

Marie said...

Carrie - you were right, I love the Prim Pram site. Thank you. I am now following their blog as well.

Carol said...

I love Twitterin. Both are great and am I glad to find them both. I have made numerous quilts with this technique!

Carol said...

I again. I just became a follower of Prim Pram. What a lovely blog and great giveaway!

Susan said...

Twitterin is my favorite, thank you for the giveaway and for the link. I buy crayons every September with back-to-school and now I might actually use them.

Kathy H said...

BOth patterns are so cute. I think I would pick the cowboy boot because it is so different.

Kathy H said...

I just became a follower of prim point. Very cute patterns.

Linda in NC said...

Love Twitterin'! The little birdies are just too cute. Thanks for the give-aways.

Mommarock said...

Really love the idea of numbering the applique pieces in order. What a great idea.

Unknown said...

I love both of them, but would love the Cowboy spring as my husband's den is in a cowboy theme. Cute, cute, patterns. Thanks for the chance to win one!

Unknown said...

I did it - I am a following her blog now - enter me again!!!!

Karla said...

I would absolutely love the "Twitterin" pattern.....so cute! Karla

Gill said...

I love Twitterin!
Count me in please!

Marcia W. said...

Twitterin as I love birds too. Thanks for this lovely giveaway. alternate email mlwright29 (at) hotmail (dot) com

Lee said...

They are both so cute - but I would choose Twitterin - the birds have won me over!
thanks
butler83ataoldotcom

Robin said...

Twitterin is definitely my favorite! The recent classes look like they were a lot of fun. I'll have to keep an eye out for when they offer classes west of the mountains.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Twitterin' looks so cute - that would be my choice!

Simone de Klerk said...

Love the Twitterin' pattern and such a lovely name to it!
Looks like you made a little stitchery from the appliqué.
Have a lovely Sunday!

Lynn S said...

I would select Twitterin"---spring is in the air! I love embroidery and quilting!

Wendy said...

I would love to try this technique on one of her patterns, Twitterin is prefect for spring coming up.