Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sweet Treat Bags

Remember this little bag? I made it to teach a class which I did. I had four students. Three of the students are in my first Wednesday applique group. They brought their finished projects to show and tell. I was so proud to see how they each finished their little embroidery. This one was made by Linda. I love the touch of rick rack sewn on with French knots. Here is Paula's decorated with buttons and lace. I wish I had gotten a better picture of the lace because it is so cute. And Kathleen made hers into a little pincushion with rick rack trim. So sweet. Sorry about the blurry picture. And check this out. Karen Gray Design, the shop where I teach, has her own barn block. Too cool. Karen's shop is also going to be featured in the May Quilt Sampler magazine. You can see the quilt she designed for the magazine on her blog.

I will have more show and tell to share which you have to see. I probably won't do another post until the weekend sometime. I will be really busy for the next few days. But be sure to check back. You won't be disappointed with the show and tell.


With Passion,

Carrie P.

24 comments:

Brandie said...

I'll be looking for the magazine at Barnes and Noble! I also can't wait for the show and tell, one of my favorite things. And I know I won't be disappointed!

Carole said...

Teaching classes are so much fun! Not only does it get you to finish projects, but you get to see your student's creativity! I so enjoy teaching! Thank you for sharing! Cheers!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Rick rack and buttons! Very cute. Obviously you're a wonderful teacher and your students learn much.

Candace said...

How wonderful to see your students fantastic work, Carrie! I love them all!
Cheers!

Janet said...

Those stitchery projects turned out beautifully - perfect for spring!

Lynn said...

Beautiful stitching projects. I'm looking forward to the magazine, it's always nice the hear of quilts shops in NC!

Crispy said...

Your students did wonderful with their projects....too cute!!

Crispy

Jenny of Elefantz said...

They are all gorgeous! Well done to your students. :-)
I *love* that barn block!!
Hugs
Jenny
xx

Aunt 'Reen said...

That spring birds project turned out so beautiful! Each of your student's projects are just darling!

Ooooh...I love Quilt Sampler Magazine! Will definately be on the lookout for her shop feature!

Yvette said...

I love your student's projects! I really like how they put their own personal touch to them.

Allie said...

Those are really darling! I love the pink polka dot one with the rick rack. SWEET. Love Karen's barn block, and the quilt is lovely!

Melody said...

Your students did a brilliant job. Well done all.

Simone de Klerk said...

Now those students had a great teacher! The results are stunning, all in their very original way!

FlourishingPalms said...

I hope you gave each of your students an "A." Their work is wonderful, but I'm sure that also has a bit to do with a wonderful instructor. It's a really cute design, Carrie. I especially like the rick-rack finish with the French knots. Loveliness!

Linda said...

You are a wonderful teacher becaue your students' work is gorgeous!

Robin said...

How wonderful! I think my favorite may be the one with the ric rac and French knots-- but they are all awesome! Can't wait for more show and tell! :)

Pat said...

Your students did a great job. I love all the different finishes.

Purple Pam said...

Cute treat bags, and I like the pincushion a lot, too. I bet that was a fun class.

Browndirtcottage said...

These are THE sweetest little bags.....it's fun to see everyone's different take on the design!!

M and M plus 3 said...

Oh my Carrie, these are too cute and so is the shop where you teach. I wished I had a shop near me like this one!

grandmaapplesauce said...

any chance we'll get to use the pattern?
sure is cute!

Kim D. said...

Carrie, those sweet treat bags are all so adorable. I love the creativity of your students. The rick rack, colorful buttons and the pearls are all beautiful additions. Thanks for sharing. :^)

Ivory Spring said...

So sweet and adorable.

Nanette Merrill said...

That bird is so cute. You're so talented.