Monday, May 16, 2011

Santa Paula, California

After a night in Las Vegas we were ready to get up and get on the road. As we drove through California the landscape began to change yet again. It has made this road trip exciting to be on as we watch the changing landscape. Even in the desert it is not boring.



Next stop, Santa Paula, California where we spent one night in the tent.
As we drove along the highway we noticed more and more farm land.
Here are some images from the camp ground.
During the afternoon we decided to take a walk to see if we could find Bigfoot. We didn't find him but we did find...
this beautiful river.
We sat down on some rocks to listen to the bubbling of the water and watch some gold finch at the waters edge.

We enjoyed our stay here. It was neat to see so many families bring their children to this campsite to create memories as we had done with our children.
Next images will be of Highway 1 on the California coast.


Enjoying our trip,
Carrie P.

9 comments:

Candace said...

Looks like you're having a wonderful trip so far, Carrie! I now know where our Goldfinches went to escape our rainy weather up here! I've never seen them next to a river like that! Did you see any trout?
Cheers!

Marie said...

Carrie - what a wonderful trip. I love the clear water in the river - I could have just sat there all day listening and watching. I grew up in So Cal and it is not often that I miss it, but the river made me homesick.

Hugs - Marie

Jocelyn said...

Oh wow Carrie, your trip looks terrific. Thanks so much for sharing the beautiful pictures.

M and M plus 3 said...

Hope your having a wonderful trip, the pictures are great! Please share what software your using to put more than one together.

Linda said...

More gorgeous photos! I love the last one.

Kim D. said...

Beautiful photo's and what a wonderful trip! Enjoy!

Allie said...

Oh Carrie your pics are just gorgeous - I'm getting road trip fever just looking!

Crispy said...

What a lovely place to stop after the hussle and bussle of Vegas. How fun to see the gold finches. They certainly love the water :0)

Crispy

Simone de Klerk said...

Nature is so diverese here! I can just hear the water bubbling.