As I write this post this morning, Michelle of The Raspberry Rabbits is on her way home. She spent the night at my home and we had a great time getting to know each other. She did a great job giving her lecture to the guild. Several ladies came up to afterwards to tell me how much they enjoyed hearing Michelle. In the photo she is holding one of fabulous quilts. She explained her Folk Art Fusion Technique to us as we looked at all her quilts. Michelle travels around speaking to guilds so if you are looking for a speaker get in touch with her. (Sorry, Michelle about cutting off the top of your head. I did not have the best seat in the house to take pictures)
This is Michelle's first quilt. I believe she said she started quilting in 1989.Here is one of her embroidered pieces.
She brought me presents too. This book which I don't have, some white linen which I will use for some special embroidery piece and some Valdani variegated quilting thread. Thanks so much Michelle.
I also put in an order from her website for some Valdani thread. Most will be used for punchneedle and some for my Harrington and Hannah BOM.
Michelle gave us a sneak peek of the March Harrington and Hannah block. It comes out on the 15th so be on the lookout for it. It is another cute one.
I really had a great visit with Michelle. It is a treat when you get to a meet blogger in person after getting to know them from their blogs. Thanks Michelle for making the trip to my neck of the woods and for taking the time to speak to my guild. Give the bunnies a hug from me!
With Passion,
Carrie P.
19 comments:
What fun to have such a talent come and talk at your meeting! Yes isn't it great to meet bloggers in person?
Thanks for inviting Michelle to come... She seemed to enjoy herself and her bunnies are super cute as are her designs, plus she has done so much! How much fun to meet an inspiring blogger in person! Thanks for bringing her to us! B
What a treat to enjoy having Michelle in your home and at your guild. I'm sew glad she started quilting :-) I love her bunnies...the real ones and the appliqued ones too!
How wonderful to meet Michelle and so sweet of her to bring you presents.
Debbie
Tha must have been so special, to meet Michelle in real! Nice to see, how someone's style changes in the years.
Wonderful program! Can't wait for her book to come out in May!
What a treat for you and the guild.
How exciting to meet Michelle. She has such a cute blog.
carrie I am so glad I found your blog, have really enjoyed what I have seen so far, and because of you I ordered all the supplies from Michelle and can hardly wait to get it thanks Regina
I can just imagine the great time you and Michelle had getting to know each other, Carrie! How wonderful that she was able to visit your guild!
Cheers!
Lucky you Miss Carrie! Sounds like a great time was enjoyed.
Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I just love her work!
The rabbit quilt will make a very good spring quilt. I don't belong to a guild any longer. I miss it sometimes. Especially the sharing.
Oh my goodness, and she got to stay with you!!! How fun is that! Shell is truly one of my favorite designers, I'd love to hear her speak, but I don't have a guild. :( Such lovely gifts she brought you!
That is so exciting that you got to meet Michelle! I'm looking forward to seeing March's block! I need to do the second one soon.
I'm soooo glad everyone enjoyed my little chat. I must say that the most fun was had by me! Carrie you truly spoiled me! Oh how I wish I didn't live so far away. It would be great to stitch together and sit in your garden and drink a Starbucks! hee,hee,hee.
Love and hugs to you my friend and thanks for the most wonderful hospitality. You are a tresure!
What a time you must have had! And all those threads...I bet you can't wait to get started stitching up your blocks!
I'd love to see her work in person, and (based on her blog, at least) she seems like she would be a wonderful person. Such a treat to not only hear her speak, but have a chance to spend a little time with her. Very cool!
How lucky you were to be able to host Michelle!!
Post a Comment