Thursday, May 24, 2012

Show and Tell

Not much going on around here. I am in a Modern quilt guild and I am participating in a doll quilt swap. Here is a peek at my quilt so far. I will show the whole thing when I finish it. I need  to have it done by the second week of June to exchange. 
 Here is another show and tell from my garden. I meant to show you the insides of the beets on the last post but forgot. These are about the size of a golf ball. They are really good raw even though I sauteed them. They are sweet and crunchy.
 I went to my applique bee this morning and there was some show and tell from some of the ladies in the group.
Here is wall hanging made by Charlotte.
 This little bunny wall hanging was made by Rowena.

 These two quilts were made by Jane.
 So many different ideas for quilts. Quilting is so much fun!

With Passion,
Carrie P.

19 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Intriguing peek at your doll quilt swap. I love the blues and greens. Not sure I've ever had a fresh beet. Such a pretty color. Great show and tell as always.

Karen said...

The applique bird houses are so pretty. Does the term Modern Quilt guild mean that the participants like modern quilts only?

Betsy said...

Your beets look so yummy and the projects are always wonderful to see

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Wonderful quilts from the bee! I don't like beets but that is sure a big one!

Lynne said...

Wow! Taht qwall hanging with the bird houses is stunning.

Beetroot, which is what we call a similar root crop in Australia, is usually pickled then served with salads (and sliced on a traditional Aussie hamburger). Some people cook them from fresh - I believe they roast them - but as a child I didn't like them that way so have never tried it as an adult!

Teresa said...

Pretty quilts. Nice pictures of your garden in the previous post.

Wonky Girl said...

Enjoyed show & Tell. That quilt with birdies and pinwheels made me smile big.
Thanks!

Darlene said...

Can't wait to see more of your small quilt for the modern quilt guild.

Always love when you share the work of so many talented quilters.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Charlotte's quilt is lovely and goes well with your garden :)

Fun show and tell...keep them coming.

Smiles,
Kelly

Lynn said...

Fun glimpse of your doll quilt. Those show and tells are terrific! The bird one, is amazing!

Purple Pam said...

Thank you for sharing your applique bee pictures. They are all great. I like the bird house blocks. Too cute!

How are you feeling today?

Sheila said...

Lovely quilts , interesting i just bought two of the applique bird patterns ,can't wait to do them .

Ivory Spring said...

You really do hang out with some very talented ladies. Beautiful quilts, as always.

sewyouquilt2 said...

that is what is so great about quilting. Each of us puts our own creative spin on patterns with our styles and colors and each quilt is unique and beautiful.

Candace said...

Such lovely work by all, Carrie! And Mother Nature is doing some great work in your garden, too! What pretty beets! Mine are just beginning to poke their tiny red stems from the ground!
Cheers!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your doll quilt peek looks so interesting Carrie. Those beets make my mouth water. Have you ever roasted them? I just read that on another blog.

Robin said...

I look forward to the big reveal on your doll quilt! I haven't tried sauteing beets. Do you shred the beets before you saute them? Or just chop them up?

Sigh... happy show and tell! Love that little chick quilt!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Love everything Carrie. Quilting really is so much fun!

FlourishingPalms said...

Your modern quilt peek is looking great! And I LOVE beets. I didn't know they could be eaten raw! Must be that particular variety. Well, I seldom eat them anyway since hubby detests them.