Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Using my Stash



As quilters we talk about using fabric from our stash all the time. Lori Holt from Bee in My Bonnet is having a mystery row scrap quilt along. I went through my stash and picked out some of my favorite fabrics and made my first row.  The way Lori shows how to make this row is so cool. Even if you don't do the row along you should check out this technique. Row two will be coming tomorrow. I can't wait to see what it is. Join in and use some of your stash!

I forgot to show you my only two spaghetti squash from the garden on yesterday's post. Yep! just these two but I am glad for them.
With Passion,
Carrie P.

14 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great first row Carrie! I'm trying to decide if I can take that quilt on.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

We had a bumper crop of spaghetti squash but I had to go out there every day picking off squash bug eggs and nymphs. Lots of acorn squash too. We made a nice squash alfredo with pancetta and peas out of one of ours.

Lynne said...

I was so tempted by this row along till Lori mention 3.5 yards of white or ivory fabric! White is such a beautiful but impractical colour to use in quilts! Besides, I wanted to use my stash, not buy more fabric! Having said all that, the row along does look like so much fun and Lori's technique for Row 1 was very intriguing!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your colors! Talk in a few days.

Abby and Stephanie said...

I had spaghetti squash for the first time last year (in my farm basket). Delicious and I can't believe how easy it is to work with. Enjoy your bounty.

Allie said...

I wish I was a better piecer, I'd join in. Your squash looks wonderful, as does your whole garden. It's been a very dry year here too...lots of crops lost.

Melody said...

The row a long sounds great. I haven't got the time to participate but I'll enjoy watching yours grow.

Melissa said...

Love your row! I really want to do this, I saw the technique earlier and it is truly awesome. Maybe I will be able to do it after the holidays...

sewyouquilt2 said...

her technique looks fun. will have to put on my list.
cant start any new ones just yet but I figure Jan I will be looking for something to keep away the winter blues.

Barb said...

I dreamed last night that I was using my stash fabrics to make strip squares...HA!!

Linda said...

Scraps look awesome!!! Love the colors. Holy moly spaghetti squash!!!! Wished I had one. :-)

FlourishingPalms said...

And how do you eat spaghetti squash? I've never seen, nor eaten it.

Bev said...

I'm doing the Row Along too! I've got my butterflies for the second row done but not sashed yet. I put them on my blog today. I love your colors! I may do another one in my homespun colors. Can't wait to see your row 2!

Cheery wave from
Bev

http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

I so wanted to do this, but it will have to wait a bit. Looking forward to seeing yours, though!