Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Autumn Delight

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. Albert Camus
Delicious Autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly above the earth seeking the successive autumns. George Eliot


The one red leaf, the last of its clan,
That dances as often as dance it can,
Hanging so light, and hanging so high,
On the topmost twig that looks up at the sky.
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Autumn Delight is my block for this hop. Again I  made a block from the Quiltmakers 100 Blocks Magazine, volume 5. This block was designed by Terri Degenkolb. I used the main designs and changed the flower to a leaf made from wool.

 This is where you will find my Autumn Delight block. In a wooden bowl my husband made for me.
I am so glad you stopped by my blog. Now on to the giveaway. I have a half yard of pumpkin fabric from my stash which has been washed already. I will also be giving the winner some fall colored DMC floss which you could use on your fall project. I am also passing along the pillow pattern that I won from Heather.  So all you have to do to enter the giveaway is tell me your favorite recipe you like to fix during Autumn. I have a recipe for an Apple cake that I make a couple times during the fall. It is so yummy. I will reveal the winner on October 10.
Be sure to visit the rest of the blogs for today.


Tuesday 2
A Passion For Applique (you are here)

Delight in Autumn!
With Passion,
Carrie P.

185 comments:

Chris said...

I love the new fusion techniques. Your block is just darling. My favorite recipe for fall? Deep dish apple pie. Home made. Fresh apples. I think it's time to make one.

Janet said...

Your block is so pretty - I love that you put a red leaf on it :0) My favorite fall recipe is Pumpkin Gingerbread. I make it with the cooked pumpkin from our Halloween Jack O Lantern so I still have to wait a bit.

Judy B said...

Love your wooly leaf block! Beautiful bowl. One of my favorite recipes for Autumn is pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Thank you for the great giveaway.

Melody said...

really lovely

Raewyn said...

I really love your block and how you have adapted Terri's. I'm with apples too - desserts with them are my favourites - pie, crumble, or baked; I can eat them all!!

Nati said...

What a cute block and thank you for the giveaway. I have a recipe for a hazelnut torte that I love this time of year.

marina said...

your block is gorgeous Carrie, and it looks so perfect in your bowl.

Sunshine Girl said...

I love your quilt that leaf in wool looks fabulous doesnt it. My favourite meal in autumn is just a plain old stew where I just throw in any vegetables that we happen to have in and leave to simmer on the hob or in the oven for hours - delicious! Thanks for sharing.

mary mahoo said...

I love your block and the poetry quotes. I've never seen the Coleridge one--it sums up autumn so well! I love to make stuffed acorn squash in the fall. Thanks for the chance to win. (Your husband's bowl is beautiful!)

Unknown said...

Oh wow I just love this block and the red leaf is awesome, vary fallish! My favorite recipe is for apple dumplings and I make it at lest 3 times during the season and once at Christmas......

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love how you re-worked the block with your leaf and so pretty with your bowl and extras. I don't bake, but just made the cold season's first venison stew in the crock pot - oh, so yummy a smell thru the house.

Britt-Inger said...

Your block is sew awesome with the beautiful red leaf in the center. My favorite is an oldfashion apple pie, as the Swedish apples now are ready to pick and eat.
Thanks for sharing
Britt-Inger in Malmö, Sweden

Gill said...

I love your block! The colours are just perfect!
This time of year with so much fruit around we eat a lot of crumbles! Yesterday it was raspberry and apple - with custard of course!

Heleen Groot said...

I loved reading the poems. Who knew there was such beauty to be found in a season that is essentially rain, wind and grey skies. I love your block!

louzeekreativ said...

Your block looks nice, the colours are perfect for autumn.

Sue said...

Such an autumn block! Your handwork is wonderful! I love to make anything pumpkin...pie, bread, etc in the fall.

Pam said...

I so love the autumn colours and y favourite recipe is so simple. I slice the top off one small round squash per person and scoop out the seeds, I season the cavity and push in a handful of grated sharp cheese, pour in enough thick cream to nearly reach the top, sprinkle with nutmeg and put the top back on as a lid. Bake in a moderate oven for around 90 minutes and serve with cruaty bread.

Susan said...

Pumpkin scones are yummy!

Pauline said...

What a delightful picture, your small quilt, the wooden bowl your husband made and the pumkins. Thanks for sharing!

Brenda said...

Wonderful block! I love it! My fav. recipe...apple dumplings or pumpkin bread with cream cheese.

marygabriella said...

Ciao, vorrei partecipare con questa ricetta: TORTA DI NOCCIOLE ingradienti: 300 gr. nocciole tostate e tritate finemente,250 gr. zucchero,
3 uova, 3 cucchiai di cacao in polvere, 1 bicchiere olio di mais, 1 bustina di lievito e farina quanto basta.
Mettere in una terrina tutti gli ingradienti e mescolare bene, aggiungere alla fine la farina a poco a poco per ottenere una pasta densa. Versare in una teglia imburrata ed infarinata ed infornare per 3o minuti a 180 gradi. Buon appetito!

charlotte said...

Very cute block. My favorite dish is chili. Great on a cool crisp night.

KaHolly said...

Carrie, you really raised the bar with this beauty!! The entire post is delightfully written. My favorite recipe this time of year is pumpkin bread. I have an excellent apple cake that I also like to whip up and share with friends. Thanks!! ~karen

Sparky said...

Good Morning Carrie..a stunning block...and one many will note today wink

Ellen said...

Your block is beautiful! The wool adds a whole new dimension. I like to make homemade applesauce in the fall, but of course its never as good as my mothers was. Fills the house with heavenly scents though!

Beulah said...

My favorite fall recipie is Corn Chowder! Filled with warm yummy goodness of corn, potatoes, onion, sausage and cream.

sowingstitches [at] gmail [dot] com

Lesley said...

Your block is gorgeous! Love the leaf as the centre. Well done! My favorite recipe for Fall is apple pie...yummy!

Betsy said...

Carrie, I love your little project. Perfect for the season. I love to make mexican tortilla soup. I use all natural ingredients and it is just to die for.

JoyceLM said...

Love your leaf block - so pretty. My favorite fall recipe is pumpkin crisp. Thanks for the chance to win.

Patty said...

Very well done! I love baking cookies in the fall.

Catherine said...

A wonderful block! Well done with your wool leaf!

My favorite fall recipe is Chicken Pot Pie. I live in the desert, too hot to bake usually, but in the Fall coolness I go crazy in the kitchen!

Mommarock said...

My favorite recipe is to make pumpkin pie in a casserole dish instead of in a pumpkin pie crust. We hate the crust here. We then call it pumpkin pudding. YUMMY. Lots of whip cream on it. It goes over very well!!

Julie said...

Beautiful stitching and fabric selection! I love apple crisp, and pumpkin bread!

sunny said...

I love your block, and all your great quotes. Fall is my favorite time of the year. And my favorite recipe is Butternut Squash RIsotto, which we just happen to be having tonight! yummmmm Thanks for a chance to win a great little prize package.

Jeanie said...

Cute block and I enjoyed your fall quotes. Thanks for the giveaway!

JudyCinNC said...

I love how you made it your own and the hubby made bowl is wonderful. Thanks from Judy C

Colleen said...

Thank you for sharing. In the fall I like to make Apple Cobbler but my husband prefers Pumpkin Pie.

Sheila said...

I love your block, it looks sew perfect on your table. My favorite recipe has to be apple crisp, I make it a couple times in the fall. thanks for being part of the hop.

Anonymous said...

Lovely block...fall is time for SOUPS!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

great piece there....I like to eat warmer foods now.

krislovesfabric said...

Love your finished mini...the wool just really takes it over the top! I also have an apple recipe wee adore...does yours use cream cheese too?

Unknown said...

I like your leaf:) My favorite fall recipe is for sweet potato casserole with a crusty sugary crumble on top. Delicious!

awalters_nc@yahoo.com said...

Love your work. My favorite autumn dish is a tie between Sweet Potato Medallions and Pennsylvania Pot Pie. The medallions are a different texture and taste than candied yams. The Pot Pie is what we southerns would call dumplings. My Yankee husbands family has always used ham in this dish but chicken would work just as well.

Annette (awalters_nc@yahoo.com)

pinsandneedles said...

How adorable is your block! Great photo shot in the wooden bowl with all the little pumpkins.
I love to make soups during the fall...one of my favorites is meatball stone soup. I also love pumpkin dip with gingersnap cookies. Yum! Thanks!

Lyndsey said...

I love your block. My favourite fall recipe is difficult as there are so many - butternut squash risotto, pumpkin pie, soups.

tink's mom said...

Your interpretation of the block is wonderful. Very Leafy for the hop and it radiates warmth for the fall. My favorite fall meal is split pea soup.

Barb Neiwert said...

I love your appliqued leaf! I wish I could do as well. I guess my favorite fall recipe is for pumpkin cheesecake bars - tastes just like pumpkin pie, with a few walnuts thrown in, and you can cut them into bite-sized pieces. Perfect to take to a Thanksgiving meal or pot luck. Which reminds me - I should make some soon!

SewWhatsNew said...

Everything is so gorgeous. Love your block, poetry, and everything. My favorite recipe to make is a shrimp baked inside a pumpkin. I am severe allergic to shrimp. I have to wear gloves to touch it; but it is so worth to see the delight in my DH face when I make it. He knows he is special.

Toohey said...

Love the leaf applique'. Thanks for the giveaway! My favorite fall recipe is beef stew, cooking all day in the crockpot on a crisp, fall day. Of course, apple crisp is also a good one! Thanks, again.

Gosia @ Quilts My Way said...

How adorable is your block! Everything is so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing:)

Marla's Crafts said...

I am a follower and yhour block is really nice. The give away is grest. I used to make alot of favorite dishes but really am trying to get a few pounds off from the summer and spend alot of my fall doing that.

Emily C said...

I love making pumpkin pie.

Truffle queen said...

Beautiful block! Aren't those "100 block" magazines the best?!!! I guess I'd have to say my favorite fall recipe is apple crisp - quick, easy, and soooo yummy!!

beaquilter said...

what great block and giveaway. i love sweet potato casserole

Linda said...

Your little Autumn Delight! It's very "fall" looking! Great job!
My favorite recipe for fall is Gingerbread with Lemon Sauce. My mama made it while I was growing up, so it has memories tied to it for me!

Needled Mom said...

What beautiful work!!! It is a perfect autumn block.

My favorite recipe is a caramel apple cake. Yum.

Lynn said...

Pumpkin bread. It just a recipe I have written down somewhere, but it means that fall is here.

Barbara said...

I really LOVE your block! My favorite thing to make in the fall is soups...especially chicken curry soup.

Josie McRazie said...

Very nice!!

Jacqueline said...

I love your block.. I am just getting into hand turned applique and stitching and I am hooked. I have always hand quilted my quilts but this is new territory for me.

Thanks for sharing - and my fall favorite is pumpkin anything, pie, cupcakes, cookies, bread - you name it.

jleibfried@aol.com

Angie said...

GORGEOUS just gorgeous your leaf mat is gorgeous. :) And I love your decorations. The pumpkin fabric is delicious. :) My favorite autumn recipe(s) is pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing and homemade sourdough bread.

Deb said...

Beautiful mat - I love to mix wool in with cottons as a spark. Apples are the highlight of fall for me - pies get made every other week or so!

Gwen said...

What a wonderful prize!! Thank you for sharing with us!! And I love your beautiful table runner-- anything with Autumn leaves is a favorite for me!! :-) As for a favorite Autumn dish-- I would have to say my Mom's dressing would top the list. I am still trying to get mine to taste as good as hers and am getting close, but still haven't quite duplicated hers yet-- even though I use the exact same ingredients.. :-)

Carol Swift said...

Such rich Fall colors...very nice! Thanks for hopping with us. :O)

Sallie said...

Thanks for participating in the blog hop! Favorite fall recipe: pumpkin pie from Libby's label.

Wendy said...

You do beautiful work Carrie ... I too favor Terri's work, have several of her books in fact. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful block!!

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

I love your applique leaf and I love applique in fabric and wool too.

Corrie said...

So perfect for your table! Very very nice.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

ROSEMARY B here:
I love your blog :-) and the Albert Camus is one of my favorites.
Your block is beautiful, I adore it
I love hand stitching.
Thank you for sharing your lovely creativity

I like that pillow kit, looks really pretty. thank you for this opportunity to win this :-D

Rosemary B❤️ said...

ROSEMARY B here:
ohhhh ps: I like making pumpkin pie.
LOVE anything pumpkin

Aud pfberge@aol.com said...

You do beautiful work!

I love to make pumpkin pie in the fall.

Aud

KatieQ said...

I have a crockpot recipe for an Autumn stew that uses pork, sweet potatoes, onions, and apples. It makes the house smell heavenly while it cooks.
The wooden bowl your husband made is wonderful. I like the way you used it to display your lovely block.

Loris said...

Lovely Autumn block with such a beautiful red leaf...and in a gorgeous bowl! What are the tiny pumpkins? It is a charming table setting.
My favorite recipe? probably the stuffing that I make with a turkey right off the Mrs.Stubbison's box :-)

SIMPLESEW said...

Very adorable and festive. I love to make banana nut bread, its a joke with my son, for most of his life, he is 30 now.. I thought it was his favorite, he finally told me at 25, it wasnt.. Personally, I think it was and he grew out of it. But he isnt a complainer, so now I make pumpkin.. lol

sew.darn.quilt said...

It seems fall is when the kitchen carries the wonderous scents of cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin. My fav has got to be pumpkin pie...mmmmmm! :)
Thank you for the chance

Sandy D said...

How talented both you for your awsome block and hubby for his bowl.The family likes me making applecrisp in the fall.Thanks for sharing.

Bonnie58 said...

Gorgeous block. Love it. Our family favourite is fresh apple pie, but squash soup is a close second. Thanks for the oportunity on the draw.
bonnielarson58@gmail.com

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Carrie, It is just beauitful! Your work is amazing! and the wodden bowl, beautiful.

hueisei said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing :)

Thearica said...

A dough bowl!!!!!!!! Love that!

and your blocks are great!

Jane's Quilting said...

Your Autumn block is adorable, you had a great idea there. My favorite, is Deep Dish Apple Pie and of course Apple Dumplings.

Vivian said...

I love making Thanksgiving dinner, my favorite holiday. Vivian

Vickie said...

I love your block and the giveaway is great.

aiah23 said...

My favorite fall recipe is for pumpkin scones. I started making them 4 yrs ago when I found the recipe online through Sew Mama Sew! They have molasses icing too and they are amazing! I love pumpkin anything though!

Fawn

Rosa said...

Your block is just beautiful.

One of my favorite fall recipe is the chickpea stew with pumpkind and cod meatballs and also like   pumpkin fritters.

DeAnna said...

Your block is very pretty. My favorite fall recipe is roasted pumpkin seeds. They are a nice treat.

April said...

I love making my Cinna Squares. Oh so sweet and yummy. :)

Anonymous said...

Love your little red leaf block-so seasonal and your poetry quotes are lovely. What a smart gal your are to ask about recipes-a great way to expand your collection! I have a granny smith apple tree in my yard and look forward to making pies during the fall. I have to fight the squirrels for the apples though so I feed them peanuts so they won't eat my apples! LOL! Thanks for sharing, from California.

Mary said...

Ministrone Soup. Your block is wonderful. Great job.

TinaW said...

My favorite fall recipe is the Meyer Lemon Cranberry Scone at http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2008/11/meyer-lemon-and-fresh-cranberry-scones/

Susan said...

I have a fantastic apple crisp recipe, which I always serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the top.

Denise :) said...

Your block is very beautiful -- I love the look of it!! My favorite recipe? Hmmm...that's really a tough one. Savory? Beef stew. Dessert? Pear dumplings! Whoohoo!! Sounds like a meal to me!! :)

Teri said...

Love the fall quilt.....my favorite thing is Gooey Almond Cake....if you like almond flavor this is the cake for you....

Lori said...

Your block is very pretty. Perfect in the lovely bowl your husband made. My favorte has always been pumpkin. Right now it is homeade pumpkin ice cream.

Diane said...

Your block looks so beautiful with the bowl. I see you and your husband are very talented.

One of my favorite recipes for fall is for gingersnaps. It was given to me by a dear quilting friend.

Kathy H said...

Our favorite recipe is pumpkin pie. The one on the Libby's can but with twice the spices. This is what is everyone's favorite. Beautiful mat you made, love the leaves.

Leslie said...

I have a wonderful Pumpkin Chiffon Pie recipe that I got out of a Good Housekeeping magazine years ago. It's my go to for Thanksgiving.

carla said...

Hi!!! Love your leaf block!!! Very pretty!!!! Love it in the wooden bowl!!! I make a wonderful pumpkin pie cake!!!!!

Aurea said...

Your block is to beautiful. I would like a bunch of them throughout my house for the season. Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely block. My favorite dish is pumpkin pie, even for breakfast,,hehehe

Anonymous said...

Your block is beautiful! I'll have to try that one, especially with the wool applique! My favorite fall recipe is Pumpkin Bars with cream cheese frosting. They taste like a pumpkin roll, but easier to make and the recipe makes a large pan. Great to take to quilt workshops or church potlucks!

Farm Quilter said...

Pumpkin pie made from pumpkin I canned from the pumpkins growing in garden...the best!!! Love your block - the background block is sooo cool, you could do so much with it and it really enhances the block - much cooler than a plain block!!!

Michelle said...

That's so elegant -- I love it!

Linda said...

Your block is just lovely! Thanks for sharing. Im a pumpkin pie lover.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Carrie I love your version of this block...I love wool and anything made with it is always warm and inviting. My favorite dish for fall is potato/cheese soup and I made a big pot of it on Sunday - delicious! blessings, marlene

Gmama Jane said...

I really loved your entire post, poems, stitching, everything!! I love to bake apple crsip in the fall and lots of Chili, Potato Soup, and Veg./Beef soup with homemade cornbread!!
Fall Blessings
Gmama jane

Sheila said...

Oh I love the appliqued wool leaf that is gorgeous and it looks great in the bowl your hubby made for you . My favorite recipe for fall is apple pie , I usually make a large one for Thanksgiving:-)

nhlady said...

My favorite fall recipe is baked apples. YUM!

Thanks for the giveaway.

Di said...

Carrie, your leaf block is delicious! Just like the pumpkin soup I like to make in autumn. Not that it's autumn here - I live in Australia where it's glorious springtime :-)

Tricia said...

Hiya Carrie ~~waving~~
I love getting your blogs in my e-mailbox. What a great way to take a pattern, giving a twist & making it your own!!! That grouping in your picture shows the beautiful talents of both you & your hubby. It just says "Fall" to me. I think you have a wonderful give-away that just sings to my hand-stitching siren and hope to give it a new loving home here at my house. ;) Thanks for sharing with us and have a wonderful day.

Toodles,
Tricia

gpc said...

I love your block, the perfect leaf! I start making soups in the autumn; the only thing I like about cold weather is the food! But apple pies and caramel corn are among my other favorite autumn treats. :)

Tricia said...

ooops forgot to say ... my love to make Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies..... lol. Shhhh that recipe will be my on blog page on the 4th.

Aincerely,
Tricia

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

gosh I am late. I am on my lunch hour(yea a late lunch hour) and look how many people have been here already!!! Good thing I came after lunch or I would be starving right now so many good recipe ideas!!
This block is outstanding and because of the colors you chose your fancy little corners that confused me the other day look like little sunflowers peeking out of the corners!!! A perfect fall block and so cute in your handmade bowl!! What a wonderful gift......am kinda jealous......the only thing wood cut around our house is dead limbs with a chain saw, lol!!! Great job Carrie. P S thanks for the link while a go.....I really must learn to READ (everything)lol!

SpartanBabe said...

My favorite is monkey bread. Warm with butter and cing drizzled on top! Thanks for hopping with us :o)

Rebeckah Austin said...

Apple cake sounds delicous! I am not much of a cook. I have made these mini apple dumplings once and they were so yummy. You just inspired me to go make them again... today.. Thanks!

Teresa Marie said...

I really love your block, and the simplicity of one leaf. So very pretty!

One of my favorite fall recipes that I make every Thanksgiving is a yam & apple casserole. You take a large can of Bruce's Yams, a can of apple pie filling & mix them together , putting in a greased casserole, then mix dry ingredients- 1 1/2 Tbs corn starch, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp salt, sprinkling over apples & yams. Dot with 2 Tbs butter & bake at 325 for one hour. After half hour, place 2 cups mini marshmallows on top. Yum!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I always wait for fall so I can have chili and cornbread.

Great leaf!!

Gloria said...

I like to make Pumkin cake which is so easy and has all the flavors of pumkim pie.

BizyStitches said...

Wow, Im totally in love with your block. And you have it displayed beautifully. My husband does all the cooking when we eat at home. We go out to eat a lot. But my mom used to fix me baked apples every fall because she knew tht was my favorite. Thanks for the nice give away.

Stitches said...

Very nice block, love the wool leaf in the center. One of my favorite recipes is a potato and bratwurst casserole. It's kind of like popcorn, you just can't quit eating it. My family all like it too. Thanks for the chance to win your giveaway.

ritainalaska said...

sure like your pretty mat and the coleridge bit! my fave fall recipe is for pumpkin spice bread. delicious!

Laura VanVleet said...

Beautiful project! My favorite fall recipe is sweet potato pie! Warm, spicy and yummy!

Leah said...

Beautiful block! Your handwork is gorgeous.

Lyn said...

I don't do much cooking, I do like stew in the crock pot. You design block is great. I just love wool applique. I just finished a pumpkin block. Thanks for being part of the hop.

the girlfriend gap said...

Beautiful block. Congrats on honorable mention :) for the day. It looks especially lovely in your wooden bowl. thanks for sharing. janita

Anonymous said...

Chili is my favorite fall recipe! I start from scratch with soaking beans and the whole things simmers all day. pbstrand@msn.com

LJ said...

I love Autumn Delight; it is truly a delight! Love the red stitching you did around the circle, it set it off so well. Without a doubt, my favorite recipe is one for Pumpkin Bars. My family loves them and I get requests for them all the time - even if it's not fall. Yummy!

Sharon said...

I love your autumn block, Carrie! It looks wonderful in the wooden bowl and your hubby is talented too! I make apple bread a lot during the Fall.

Vesuviusmama said...

My favorite autumn meal is cabbage soup (which sounds disgusting but which I love!) and apple crisp for dessert. Yum!

jules said...

What a pretty block, looks perfect in that lovely bowl. Unfortunately I don't have a fall recipe, not much of a cook.

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Absolutely love your block and the bowl your hubby made!!! My favorite Fall recipe is stew, along with a homemade apple pie...both perfect for the cooler weather. Thanks for the sweet giveaway!

Unknown said...

That block is lovely. I've just become enamored of wool quilting. Thanks for being part of the hop.

Sherill said...

Great giveaway! My favourite recipes for fall: Pumpkin Bread and Apple Bread. MMMMMM!!!

Gail said...

Hi

This is my first visit to your blog. Your block is lovely and I admire how you displayed in w/the hand-carved bowl and white pumpkin on the wooden table. Lovely. My favorite recipe for autumn is apple crisp! Yumm. I have a secret ingredient that I add which enables me to use very little sugar.

Thanks for offering such a festive give-away. I hope I win :)

evelyn said...

I am in love! with your block, and your stitching, and hubby's wodden bowl. My fave fall recipe is Garden Veg Soup. Delicious.

Maria Kievit said...

Love to make apple cinnamon muffins! They always disappear fast. Thanks for a wonderful block!

Ariane said...

I love your block!! It is just gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing!!

ThreadCatcher said...

Your block is wonderful...love the bowl your DH made too! Thanks for the chance at your giveaway.

maggie said...

I just love the wool leaf block.
I love to make pumpkin muffins to go with a nice cuppa on a cool fall afternoon.
cheers
maggie

maggiemine42@gmail.com

Michele said...

Lovely fall decor :-) You are so lucky that your husband made that nice wooden bowl! What a keepsake :-) My favorite fall recipe would have to be apple cobbler eaten with some vanilla ice cream. I may need to run to the grocery store...........

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Carrie, you have true gift for interpreting those blocks and making them your own! I love it!
Mmmm, favourite autumn recipe is Apple Gingerbread with custard (which I made last night even though it's spring over here!).
Hugs
Jenny
xxxx

Robin said...

That is a wonderful block. There's no better display of color than autumn! Since i made apple crisp not once, but twice, this past weekend already I think that qualifies it as my fave!

Judith said...

Such a rich color leaf and makes me feel like autumn in the air. Love your display. Thanks for sharing with us today. Judith, Texas

SharonZ said...

I love your block, it's non-traditional, but unique. I'd love to win your prize. My fav recipe for fall is pumpkin bread-everyone wants it as soon as it gets cold.

Material Girls said...

So cute!! It would make a darling mug rug!
Nadine

Karen said...

Your block is fantastic! My favorite recipe is a creamy pumpkin pie recipe from Paula Dean. It doesn't crack and settle like normal pumpkin pie. :)

In stitches and seams said...

love your block!
The recipe I like is a zuchinni bisque soup. I use it as a base for many others as it is a g free soup it is good for many other cream based soups.
in stitches

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Love your leaf and the poetry!!

Marnie said...

I just love your block.
My favorite recipe to make in the fall is pumpkin anything, pies,bread, muffins

Judy said...

Awesome project. My favorite recipe is soup. Any kind. Something that cooks all day in my crock pot. Yummy!

Jeanne Gwin said...

I make pumpkin rolls, not just the Plain Jane ones, I do liquor flavored, spices and nuts and all kinds of different things. Another thing I like in the fall of the year is a big ole pot of navy beans and ham with a skillet full of jalapeno and kernel corn corn bread. Oh yum!

Janet said...

I don't know if you would call this a recipe but: take candy corn and mix it with cocktail salted peanuts, mix and take a few peanuts and candy in your hand and you have an instant Pay-Day candy bar. Delicious.
Thank you for the chance to win a giveaway.
Janet

SarDee said...

I love pumpkin bread! But I just found a new recipe for Apple Fritters that I can't wait to try and it might become my new favorite: http://thechickncoop.blogspot.com/2012/09/homemade-apple-fritters.html
I love the Autumn block and the giveaway!

Country Mom said...

Beautiful block! My favorite fall recipe is Fresh Apple cake with black walnuts.

Anonymous said...

Apple pie with crumb crust. There's nothing better. Your leaf is wonderful.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

It's gorgeous Carrie! I love it! Favorite fall recipe? Hmmm...getting in the car and driving to your house for a piece of that apple cake. Yeah! ;)

Quilt n Queen said...

Carrie, OMG.....your block is Oh sEw gorgeous. I luv it. My fall recipes include soups.....I love a homemade soup and pumpkin cheesecake...yummy!
Thanks for the inspiration and for the chance to win an awesome fall package....happy stitching, Pauline

quiltma said...

My favorite recipe for fall is Spiced Apple Cider.

Deb said...

For a main dish I love Baked Potato Soup...all so good for a cool day. And for dessert nothing's better than a Pumpkin Roll.

Terrie said...

LOVE your block !!!!
I'm going against the apple norm here as my favorite go to for fall is a little more savory. I love a good warm pot of cheesey chicken enchilada soup :)
Happy fall !!!!!

Peggy said...

I love to make homemade soup in the fall. I just made some black bean soup that was delicious and easy to make.
Thanks,
Peggy
peggy_verdongibbs@att.net

Michele T said...

I love to make Ginger Snap Cookies... made some the night before last... yum!

Melissa said...

Beautiful block! I love your colors!

Karen said...

I have to make spice cake with brown sugar frosting, yumm!

Pam said...

Hiya! Love your little applique. It does make you think of fall. I'm not much of a cook, but I sure can eat lol. My mother used to make Black Walnut Pound Cake this time of year, I got my sister to make me one last Christmas. SOOOOO YUMMY!!! Thank you for sharing with us, and for having the giveaway. Blessed be, hugs!!!

playamom57 at yahoo dot com

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful block and it looks wonderful in the wooden bowl your husband made! Pumpkin pie is my favorite recipe for fall!

MoeWest said...

Your block is beautiful! I love how you changed it up for fall. A favourite recipe for fall is Pumpkin Latte.

Suze said...

I love your block and it looks beautiful in the bowl. Thank you for participating and sharing.

In the fall, I love homemade macroni and cheese. Of course, homemade apple pie (including homemade crut) with either sharp cheese or ice cream is a real delight. Fresh apples just put a homemade pie over the top. This summer I made my husband a fresh peach pie. It was yummy and gone in no time.

Katherine said...

Great post! I love the seasonal quotes interspersed with your pretty photos. Your oak leaf block is so lovely and goes beautifully with the wooden bowl. Thanks for sharing!

My favourite fall recipe is for pumpkin squares. Yum!

Mrs.Pickles said...

very creative thanks for sharing!

Jacquelin said...

Me gusta mucho tu hoja. Un saludo

Jacquelin said...

Una receta de pastes de manzana con mucha canela es ideal para esta época del año. Gracias por el sorteo.

ljeanne said...

Homemade vegetable soup, using the last of the veggie garden. The geese are flying in Georgia and the leaves are starting to change near Atlanta.

nicolesender said...

Fall is apple pie made from fresh apples and eaten with a piece of cheddar cheese on the side.
nicolesender(at)yahoo(dot)com

Kasey said...

Cute block! Do I have to pick one recipe? Because it's a toss up between Dutch apple pie, butternut squash soup, chili, and sweet potato muffins. Ooo, doesn't that combination sound like the best gluttonous meal for a rainy day?

Anonymous said...

I usually like to make baked items with pumpkins. Like pumpkin pie lol. Thanks for the chance!

Holli said...

There is nothing like pumpkin pie! Love your block!

~Kris~ said...

Definitely apple crisp. I love your leaf block plus the fact that you used the 100 block magazine again. You are so clever!

linynp said...

You're block is great! At this time anything with pumpkin and or apples is wonderful!!!!!!!

Di said...

I love to make a big pot of potato soup or chili! (I love your leaf block) Dianne

Anonymous said...

I love the Fall block! I love all the fall colors.
I like making Cabbage Patch stew in the cool evenings for supper with corn bread. YUM!

Anonymous said...

Carrie, I just love your block. The wool leaf stands out and makes the block come alive. I love to make pumpkin bread and it is so yummy when you take it out of the pan and cut a piece while it is still hot. Thanks for the giveaway. Linda Jones-ncquilter05@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I love to bake a Fresh Apple Cake.

Martha said...

Fall is my favorite time of year. Hmmm... favorite recipe..... I guess it's a toss between apple cake and pumpkin choc. chip bread. Thanks for the giveaway. My birthday is on Oct. 11. I hope to win.
martha0071@gmail.com

Robin said...

What a lovely mini! It looks just perfect resting in that bowl. Fall is a happy time. :)